Ezekiel Elliott: "I wasn't brought here to be average"

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"But, you know, it’s the NFL. You can’t win every game"
And there is the mentality of our team these days. I know you can't win every game but if I was a player or coach I would expect to.
Some one tell Smith or Irvin they couldn't win every game. Let a player say that when JJ was coaching. Or let Haley hear that.
Good grief.

You're complaining just to complain. Of course they can't win every game. This isn't Madden

bark

Reaction score
I would have like to see him get a few quick swing passes out of the backfield to get him out in space. Vernon seemed to meet him in the hole on virtually every carry. Strange, seeing how we are dominating up front and all

Falco78

Reaction score
For as much attention as Terrance's blunder got yesterday (for good reason), Zeke's awful rushing debut was a much bigger deal.

Showed no vision or instincts whatsoever.
Morris looked like ten times the better back but our coaching staff refused to use him

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sorry Zeke, but if you were average (4 ypc vs 2.5) then Dallas probably wins the game.
Same can be said for many others too though.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For as much attention as Terrance's blunder got yesterday (for good reason), Zeke's awful rushing debut was a much bigger deal.

Showed no vision or instincts whatsoever.

There were little to no holes my man. And how many passes did he catch? Not one ball thrown his way to get him out in space. Half his talent was wasted. Screen passes, pitch plays? Pretty much straight up hand offs up the middle.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
when you don't practice or play much in the preseason it shows up in the regular season this team was and is not ready for the regular season to many missed practices and games in camp and the preseason.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Morris looked like ten times the better back but our coaching staff refused to use him

I like Morris but you have to give Zele the time to get adjusted and up to speed and in a rhythm. Dak was pickup up blitzes and blocking well. Didnt even get a chance to showcase his receiving skills. Im still wondering why.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
when you don't practice or play much in the preseason it shows up in the regular season this team was and is not ready for the regular season to many missed practices and games in camp and the preseason.

Yep......scared practicing, scared coaching, and an unprepared team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
if teams want to take the run away when you have a young or poor quarterback you can do it.

that is why adrian peterson rushed for 31 yards on 19 carries against an inferior titans defense. The giants defense is much better but both had no respect for the qb and attacked the run.

HanD

Reaction score
I didn't see much juice and that really surprised me. He got hit really hard on his first or second carry and during the game I wonder if that effected him.

I was worried how this team uses their running backs, and yesterday didn't give me warm feelings. They just totally wore out Demarco two years ago. I think Zeke should get the majority of the carries but Morris probably deserved more with his limited chances he was given. I also wanted to see Zeke get a few carries after his touchdown. The next possession I believe we were near the 40, and we went three passes and had to punt. I wanted to see if Zeke was getting into a groove after his touchdown run.

we kept dunbar for what a receiver in the hurry up? isn't zeke supposed to be a great receiver also? i'd rather give alfred several more touches in the run game to spell zeke and keep zeke in there for the pass as well instead of taking him off the field.

kevm3

Reaction score
Zeke should have gotten more playing time in preseason. Morris played more in preseason and he looked like it. We need to stop babying these 'star players'. He had that hamstring issue, but he could have been out there in game 4 to shake some of the rust off.

Gameover

Reaction score
Zeke should have gotten more playing time in preseason. Morris played more in preseason and he looked like it. We need to stop babying these 'star players'. He had that hamstring issue, but he could have been out there in game 4 to shake some of the rust off.
should've had to earn the spot.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
if teams want to take the run away when you have a young or poor quarterback you can do it.

that is why adrian peterson rushed for 31 yards on 19 carries against an inferior titans defense. The giants defense is much better but both had no respect for the qb and attacked the run.
This. I dont see why fans cant see that Daks play didnt allow the running game to open up. They see Morris run for 5ypc in his few touches and think Zeke was 100% at fault.

I saw a RB that moved the pile and got every yrd he could when there was nothing there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ARLINGTON

Cowboys rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott called his NFL debut “average.” Average isn’t the description he or the team expect to use much considering he’s the fourth overall pick running behind arguably the top offensive line in the game.

Asked to assess his debut, Elliott said: “I think I was average, you know. Average. That’s not why I was brought here to be average, so we’ve got a lot of work to get done. A lot to work on. But, you know, it’s the NFL. You can’t win every game, so I’ve just got to get back to work and get better next week.”

Elliott finished his day with 51 rushing yards on 20 carries. The 2.6 yard per carry average is well less than half of what he averaged at Ohio State (6.7 yards per carry).

Elliott’s best runs came early in the third quarter with a pair of 8-yard runs on the same drive, including an 8-yard TD run. Elliott went up the middle and dove into the end zone for the score, and was immediately congratulated by the offensive line.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...rner-blog/article101293537.html#storylink=cpy

Thank you Zeke.. That's exactly what I've been posting on here.

I give the Giants, especially #98 Harrison, a ton of credit but Zeke can't be average. He just can't.

This defense could definetely use Jaylon Ramsey and good RBs are a dime a dozen. We need special.