Ezekiel Elliott: "I wasn't brought here to be average"

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I was disappointed Morris didn't get the bulk of the carries yesterday. He was running better than EE early on. IMO you go with the hot hand, you don't force feed the rookie cuz he's a high pick when the veteran was obviously playing better.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I was disappointed Morris didn't get the bulk of the carries yesterday. He was running better than EE early on. IMO you go with the hot hand, you don't force feed the rookie cuz he's a high pick when the veteran was obviously playing better.

plus when zeke was in they just attacked the run. Morris actually had some room to maneuver.

Zeke ran extremely hard I thought but basically had no chance. Why they didn't throw him the ball in space I don't get.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thank you Zeke.. That's exactly what I've been posting on here.

I give the Giants, especially #98 Harrison, a ton of credit but Zeke can't be average. He just can't.

This defense could definetely use Jaylon Ramsey and good RBs are a dime a dozen. We need special.

Looks like the theory that you cant buy a defense just went up in smoke eh?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
That was the best 2.6 average you'll see an RB get. The guy had someone in the backfield virtually every time he got a handoff.

That's not what I saw. There weren't huge holes or anything, but let's not pretend this was like back in the day when we were starting Nagy and Barber was getting hit in the backfield.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
That's not what I saw. There weren't huge holes or anything, but let's not pretend this was like back in the day when we were starting Nagy and Barber was getting hit in the backfield.

Then why did Alfred Morris average 5 yards a carry. Did the line block better for him. Respectfully

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not ready to worry yet Zeke yet. You have to credit NYs defense. They were all over the running game. I don't blame them for pinning their ears back with us starting a rookie QB. Not to mention I think the play calling was horrible yesterday overall.

He will learn. With that said Morris did look good and should've had more carries.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
For as much attention as Terrance's blunder got yesterday (for good reason), Zeke's awful rushing debut was a much bigger deal.

Showed no vision or instincts whatsoever.

Sorry but a guy that has been playing football for this long that does not know the most basic of instincts to get out of bounds in that situation is a big deal. And shows how un disciplined Garrett's teams are still to this day and it's never going to change.

I'm not going to judge a rookie RB in his first ever game. He will improve.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The only reason it was average is because of the TD. The rest was below average.

phildadon86

Reaction score
There were little to no holes my man. And how many passes did he catch? Not one ball thrown his way to get him out in space. Half his talent was wasted. Screen passes, pitch plays? Pretty much straight up hand offs up the middle.
Jason Witten had more screens thrown to him than Zeke. Figure that out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jason Witten had more screens thrown to him than Zeke. Figure that out.

bad coaching and play calling.

If we wasted the 4th pick in the draft to hand the kid the ball ONLY and have him run up the middle, we could have done that with Morris.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He doesnt seem fast, he seems like he has Murray type speed

He wasn't drafted to be a speedster. His combine numbers didn't display that, his college performance didn't display it. Anyone who thinks he's fast was watching a completely different player.

Morris is an elusive back with good vision, there were hardly any holes to work with yesterday. Morris found a few. But overall, the Giants simply played the run to perfection.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I didn't see much juice and that really surprised me. He got hit really hard on his first or second carry and during the game I wonder if that effected him.

I was worried how this team uses their running backs, and yesterday didn't give me warm feelings. They just totally wore out Demarco two years ago. I think Zeke should get the majority of the carries but Morris probably deserved more with his limited chances he was given. I also wanted to see Zeke get a few carries after his touchdown. The next possession I believe we were near the 40, and we went three passes and had to punt. I wanted to see if Zeke was getting into a groove after his touchdown run.

Yeah, on that first big hit he was speared, helmet to helmet, while he was being held steady by other tacklers. I don't see why that would not be within the guidelines of targeting.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
This is life when you have a rookie backfield. Dak and Elliot both show good signs and show signs of struggling. But rookies (even highly touted ones) being up and down isn't the story. The story is while Dak and Elliot did not do anything to cost the Cowboys the game the veterans didn't do much to help them. Receivers and TE made crucial drops, OL were getting beat run blocking. If the vets played to their potential this is a win and the narrative of Dak and Elliot's WK 1 performance would be different.