Ezekiel Elliott Wants Dallas to Draft Him: "I Want to Play Behind that Great O-Line"

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you seen the list of RB's for 2017?

Leonard Fournette - LSU
Christian McCaffrey - Stanford
Nick Chubbs - Georgia
Dalvin Cook - FSU
Royce Freeman - Oregon
Samaje Perine - Oklahoma
Jalen Hurd - Tennessee
Wayne Gallman - Clemson

That's a heck of a list.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Leonard Fournette - LSU
Nick Chubbs - Georgia
Dalvin Cook - FSU
Royce Freeman - Oregon
Samaje Perine - Oklahoma
Jalen Hurd - Tennessee
Wayne Gallman - Clemson

Elliott is as good as anyone on that list and would solve RB for 5years, including 2016.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Elliott is as good as anyone on that list and would solve RB for 5years, including 2016.

But I wouldn't take him 4th. I would if we traded to the 10-15 range, but I don't think that'll happen. Otherwise we could get someone as good if not better in the first next year. And as deep as the draft is at RB, there will be some good backs in the 2nd round too.

ghst187

Reaction score

Leonard Fournette - LSU
Nick Chubbs - Georgia
Dalvin Cook - FSU
Royce Freeman - Oregon
Samaje Perine - Oklahoma
Jalen Hurd - Tennessee
Wayne Gallman - Clemson

Cook is the best one on that list. Not sure we can waste another year waiting on a good RB since Romo is running short on years left. I love me some Zeke but four is a bit steep for me, trade down and he's the guy I want unless one of the top 3 QBs are still there.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
But I wouldn't take him 4th. I would if we traded to the 10-15 range, but I don't think that'll happen. Otherwise we could get someone as good if not better in the first next year. And as deep as the draft is at RB, there will be some good backs in the 2nd round too.

I understand the thinking but it also makes no sense when you really think about it.

We have the 4th pick, not the 10th. If Goff/Wentz are gone, he has to be on the short list. Why lose the player that can help us the MOST because of a few draft spots.

Every single position but QB has players you can get next year or in later rounds.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Leonard Fournette - LSU
Nick Chubbs - Georgia
Dalvin Cook - FSU
Royce Freeman - Oregon
Samaje Perine - Oklahoma
Jalen Hurd - Tennessee
Wayne Gallman - Clemson

Possible Elijah Hood from UNC commits as well

MikeT22

Reaction score
I understand the thinking but it also makes no sense when you really think about it.

We have the 4th pick, not the 10th. If Goff/Wentz are gone, he has to be on the short list. Why lose the player that can help us the MOST because of a few draft spots.

Every single position but QB has players you can get next year or in later rounds.

I like maximizing draft value. If Goff/Wentz are gone we could get a nice haul if we moved down even just 4-5 spots. Elliot is a borderline top 10 talent. No reason to take him 4th. And it's not just about putting it off til next year. The reason I mention that is it's shaping up to be an all-timer RB draft. That means no need to reach for a RB this year at #4.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I like maximizing draft value. If Goff/Wentz are gone we could get a nice haul if we moved down even just 4-5 spots. Elliot is a borderline top 10 talent. No reason to take him 4th. And it's not just about putting it off til next year. The reason I mention that is it's shaping up to be an all-timer RB draft. That means no need to reach for a RB this year at #4.

I would rather overpay and the get the players I really want. When you try to get greedy and match some perceived value against where you are is when things get dangerous. That is why when you look back it often times that teams miss by rounds and not just a couple spots. Once the draft is over, when someone got picked is irrelevant.

EE will immediately make the Offense better and can be a star for 5 years. That is worth the number 4 pick.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I would rather overpay and the get the players I really want. When you try to get greedy and match some perceived value against where you are is when things get dangerous. That is why when you look back it often times that teams miss by rounds and not just a couple spots. Once the draft is over, when someone got picked is irrelevant.

EE will immediately make the Offense better and can be a star for 5 years. That is worth the number 4 pick.

If we like him that much and have in rated near the top 5 then he could be the pick. But I doubt that's the case. He is definitely the only sure fire first round RB this year, although Henry could slip in at the bottom of the round.

I just think if we don't take a QB we'll have other players rated higher than him we'd take at 4, like Bosa or Jack. Now I would rather see us take Elliot than the two higher rated DB's, Ramsey and Hargreaves. But if we opted to trade down we could get a good haul in return. And I wouldn't trade down chasing one player, but I think Elliot would likely be in the mix along with a couple of the DL or Treadwell.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It goes against everything I believed in previously, but I'd take him at 4.

My problem is I also want Jack and Wentz.

Breaks down like this...

Wentz COULD be a great future move.

Jack LIKELY would be a great linebacker... But how important is that position?

Zeke WOULD be a safe RB that could make our offense go... And we have seen that this team can win with tumultuous, chew you up offense before.

Just my opnion

CCBoy

Reaction score
It goes against everything I believed in previously, but I'd take him at 4.

My problem is I also want Jack and Wentz.

Breaks down like this...

Wentz COULD be a great future move.

Jack LIKELY would be a great linebacker... But how important is that position?

Zeke WOULD be a safe RB that could make our offense go... And we have seen that this team can win with tumultuous, chew you up offense before.

Just my opnion

C'mon, how important is a linebacker in a Marrinelli defense?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Supposedly really important, but it's not like we've had bad linebackers. I mean if not for Carolina, we likely had the best tandem.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
if the charger take Myles Jack @ 3 i wouldn't mind taking Elliot @4. Myles Jack and Ezekiel are the two best players in this draft.