News: Ezekiel Elliott won't be fined for TD celebration

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Anyone remember that game a several years back where two Cowboys were going to do a chest bump after a TD and one fell down and was penalized for going to the ground to celebrate?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
In other news, however, David Irving apparently *did* get fined last night for using Gosder Cherilus as a prop.
I was incredibly surprised that he didn't get flagged for "blow to the head" when he blocked Jameis pass and then grazed his helmet when he hit is shoulder pad.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Of course they won't. He said he'd match the fine with a donation. They can't have Zeke looking like a good guy in that exchange so they won't fine him.

Yes. Mara does not want the Cowboys to look good.

He sent text to Roger about that.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Anyone remember that game a several years back where two Cowboys were going to do a chest bump after a TD and one fell down and was penalized for going to the ground to celebrate?

Yes I think that was against the Titans and I think we lost as a result of the flag.

reiner

Reaction score
Absolutely love this kid with his passion and wit coupled with his tremendous athleticism and talent. If he stays healthy and relatively injury free he will be a hall of famer. He's got all the tools.

RamziD

Reaction score
They didn't fine him because they don't want to address the point Garrett actually brought up, why is the Lambeau Leap still legal when everything else is illegal?
I hope JG tells Zeke to jump in the pot every time he scores against the Lions, and I hope that's many, many times.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Great celebration and doubly nice that it brought more attention to a good cause!

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
as long as the nfl allows the Lambeau Leap to continue I dont see how they can really say much about any celebrating as long as it isnt taunting......let the kids have some fun out there........Zekes was pretty innovative

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They didn't fine him because they don't want to address the point Garrett actually brought up, why is the Lambeau Leap still legal when everything else is illegal?
Can I just say I loved that Garrett went to bat for Zeke on that one? Just put it out there and then Jerry in usual banter took it next level. NFL HAD to say there would be no fine. The negative PR in a year where ratings have been an issue is not what you want.