News: Ezekiel Elliott won't be fined for TD celebration

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And I stated as much in my post. My real point was that no rule should be grandfathered. A rule is a rule. Guess I didn't state it clearly enough...

Fair enough. But "grandfathering" is a common practice with respect to policies and laws.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
m6avi45i9jp522dmdtep.gif

I love it!
Just having some good old fun. :)

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I wonder when defenses are gonna stop mocking Zeke and the feed me spoon motion? I mean really? They're just getting embarrassed after they do it lol.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
They should get rid of the excessive celebration penalty. That's part of what got the game as popular as it is. Too many penalties. They wonder why the ratings have dropped.

I dont think thats why the ratings dropped, but I agree they could loosen up the rules on td celebrations. It does add an interesting element to the game, but like all things it would get old if every player in the nfl tried to do something. There has to be a balance, but as long as a player doesnt taunt and there arent foreign objects flying all over the field I dont see an issue ...

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Fair enough. But "grandfathering" is a common practice with respect to policies and laws.
Ok, but rare in football. As far as I remember, the last thing the nfl grandfathered was when they mandated protective bars on the face of helmets. They let the old timers have the choice, IIRC.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Woodson getting real!

OBJ can go suck his thumb and quit trying to steal zeke's thunder. This isn't about you.