News: Ezekiel Elliott won't be fined for TD celebration

Texas_Pete

Reaction score

This guy has a point here. Zeke is still under investigation for allegations stemming from before he was a Cowboy. If he donates any way, this helps his image on a national stage.

Right on cue:

Great job Zeke! :thumbup:

Last edited:

DenCWBY

Reaction score
4 things for the NFL this off season: Consistency in any of the following rules:
What is a catch? I won't even start on that one.
What is a acceptable celebration? Why not just give them a time limit (say 7 seconds) to do what ever they want. They go over the time and they are penalized.
What is holding? If a DLineman falls or slips to the ground after being blocked is that holding?
What is interference? If the ball is thrown 10 yards over the intended receiver, is it still interference?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yet the packers do this every single game after every single touchdown without a penalty

Heard on Mike & Mike today that the "Lambeau Leap" was grandfathered into the celebration rule.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
4 things for the NFL this off season: Consistency in any of the following rules:
What is a acceptable celebration? Why not just give them a time limit (say 7 seconds) to do what ever they want. They go over the time and they are penalized.
What is holding? If a DLineman falls or slips to the ground after being blocked is that holding?
What is interference? If the ball is thrown 10 yards over the intended receiver, is it still interference?

I like this suggestion. :)

jchap

Reaction score
NFL: "We won't fine Zeke for bringing attention to a charity" *Goodell pats himself on the back*
Mara: "AHEM"
NFL: "...Oh yeah... but we will suspend him for discredited accusations starting in the playoffs"

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Nice list. Agree on that non catchable ball. Don't recall seeing that called at all this season...

FiveTime

Reaction score
They should get rid of the excessive celebration penalty. That's part of what got the game as popular as it is. Too many penalties. They wonder why the ratings have dropped.

I'd love to see a Cowboy player bring back Butch Johnson's California Quake.