News: Ezekiel Elliott won't be fined for TD celebration

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
anyways is not a word. The word is anyway.
Grammar_Police_by_Rysis.jpg

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Why didn't the NFL "grandfather" the horse collar rule so that it wasn't illegal for a Cowboys player to do it? The rule was brought about from Roy Williams tackle on TO, IIRC. I totally get why the horse collar rule is not grandfathered...but that's my point. If the NFL makes a rule that makes something illegal, then why do they make any exception? A rule is a rule, dumb or not. Of course, so much of what the league rules on is dumb.

Because the Lambeau Leap doesn't harm anyone, and it was already started before the league cracked down on excessive celebrations.
The Horse Collar rule was adopted for safety reasons. So, of course, the NFL isn't going to grandfather in the very play that prompted the rule's existence.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Because the Lambeau Leap doesn't harm anyone, and it was already started before the league cracked down on excessive celebrations.
The Horse Collar rule was adopted for safety reasons. So, of course, the NFL isn't going to grandfather in the very play that prompted the rule's existence.
And I stated as much in my post. My real point was that no rule should be grandfathered. A rule is a rule. Guess I didn't state it clearly enough...

Sepia

Reaction score
OBJ, shut up. You don't have the history with the Salvation Army that this team does.

negativecreep

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that Zeke was still going to donate even with no fine, did I read that right?

zeke21

Reaction score
They should get rid of the excessive celebration penalty. That's part of what got the game as popular as it is. Too many penalties. They wonder why the ratings have dropped.
I don't think they should get rid of it totally.. but certainly tone it down a lot.. ie its only a flag if it obscene or goes on forever or is excessively taunting directly towards opponent etc. Essentially you would hope it never gets called..

I realise that creates 'grey' but ffs.. the entire point of the game is to score TD's and we now make them try to be choir boys when they do it.. I'd love to see more animation after a TD.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Supposedly the Salvation Army made 200,000 dollars today.

Zeke must have inspired a lot of people to donate.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
ODB can kick rocks & surfboard his face down a flight of stairs.

The penalty was warranted but glad the league saw no real harm in it & issued no fine.

ksadler1

Reaction score

Out of curiosity, can any team jump in to their own crowd, or only the Packers at Lambeau?