Ezekiel Elliott's current season projection

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
complete opposite. you love to see it and nobody’s mad. most everyone’s giving it up for him, except cowboy roy
It's amazing how fast criticism dries up when the performance on the field speaks for itself and the need for excuses evaporates. It's clear Zeke's offseason efforts are paying off. He is visibly faster on the field and backed up by objective data with him getting back on the NFLs fastest ball carrier list several times this year already. I find it funny his biggest defenders who acted as if nothing has been different with him these past several years are now acting as if they have won the year's long debate. Zeke is proving them wrong just was much as he is proving people wrong who claimed he was done.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I noticed is what I been saying for a long time.
As some fans use to get on Zeke for being out of the game inside the 20.

I always said, use a Rb to spell him between the 20's, and allow Zeke to be in on those red zone plays and fresh.
Well, with Pollard that is what they are doing. And the results are great.

Zeke said this in his post game PC's the last 3 or 4 games now. He loves it, thinks Tony is a great RB and it give him rest for all game and all season long. He said they both stay fresh this way.

Proof

Reaction score
It's amazing how fast criticism dries up when the performance on the field speaks for itself and the need for excuses evaporates. It's clear Zeke's offseason efforts are paying off. He is visibly faster on the field and backed up by objective data with him getting back on the NFLs fastest ball carrier list several times this year already. I find it funny his biggest defenders who acted as if nothing has been different with him these past several years are now acting as if they have won the year's long debate. Zeke is proving them wrong just was much as he is proving people wrong who claimed he was done.

yeah. football is funny that way. so many moving pieces, and so few games. you can look at things a million different ways at times when things aren’t going well and draw your own conclusions. when they’re going right though it’s clear as day.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
300 touches. He had 296 last year with one less game.

That's fantastic, thank you.

I actually think his touch volume will drop at some point. There will be games where a team figures out how to stop the run and the Cowboys will have to air it out again, or Pollard grabs even more. Which I'm comfortable with at this point. But 300 touches over a 17 game season sounds wonderful at this productivity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There was never a rushing champion than won a SB...Emmitt...
No team has started 0-2 and won the SB....1993...
No team has won 3 SB's in 4 year....we were the 1st.....and should have won 4 in a row.

So...2021....???

Speaking of 2021...the year.
Look at what our duo is doing...#20 #21....20-21....2021.....great things are about to happen....
th

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could you have 2 RB's over 1000 and 2 WR's as well? I do not think that has ever happened before.
Toss in a TE for a good measure. Schultz is on pace for 952, but he's picked it up a lot after the first two weeks.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I was wrong. I thought Elliot’s best years were behind him…but he worked hard in the off-season and it shows. I think we just got too many weapons to stop. Injuries could slow us…but it appears we have plenty of depth.

I agree this is the best Cowboy team since the 90s and even though I’m no MM fan he deserves a lot of credit for turning this team around so fast…

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I was wrong. I thought Elliot’s best years were behind him…but he worked hard in the off-season and it shows. I think we just got too many weapons to stop. Injuries could slow us…but it appears we have plenty of depth.

I agree this is the best Cowboy team since the 90s and even though I’m no MM fan he deserves a lot of credit for turning this team around so fast…

I will offer just a mild disagreement here. I don't think Zeke worked any harder this offseason.. I just think he worked differently.. perhaps smarter. I think working with that RB coach guy all offseason taught him some new methods of how to play the position. That happens to a player as he gets older. He has to continue to change and improve because in the NFL if you're standing still you're losing ground because everybody else is moving forward. I applaud Zeke for recognizing what needed to be done and going out and doing it. He came into the league with otherworldly athletic talent.. but that talent will only get you so far. Having added some more nuance to his game has made him a better player.. and I absolutely love it!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He needs to stay away from the pile-ons.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He needs to stay away from the pile-ons.

Actually wasn't it the yard marker that he hit his hip on.. And frankly the guys holding that thing need to be fined a game check for not moving the damn things out of the way! They just left the damn metal rods inches from the sideline instead of taking them with them as they moved themselves out of harm's way.

Oh and I think the word is pylon..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think he means Pylons. Endzone pylons. Not pile-ons. Which at first I thought he meant piling on.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Remember when people liked to compare Saquon Barkley and Giants fans were saying they had the best runner in the NFC East now? Good times.

75boyz

Reaction score
He did actually dedicate the offseason to his best possible conditioning.
His mental approach seems focused.
He no longer has the sub four five fifth gear but his 4th gear is obvious and a pleasure to watch.

Those famous dirty pile moving net yards with his nasty leg drive and lower body strength are back.

He's lost a step of straight line foot speed compared to his first 3 mega years but that's about it when comparing THIS year to those.

The 2 years prior to this one he was coasting and getting paid.

Just as important if not more to his personal conditioning and mental approach is that his offensive line is also back to good health and performing at a dominant level.

And lastly, he has a backfield running mate to keep him on his toes as well.

jmo

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Remember when people liked to compare Saquon Barkley and Giants fans were saying they had the best runner in the NFC East now? Good times.
I still think Barkley is the most talented. Unfortunately for the Jints he can’t stay healthy.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
The running game is absolutely dominating right now. Zeke has been incredible and looks better than he has in a long time. Pollard is playing great as well. Plus the OL is just blowing the defense off the line and opening up holes. Nothing better than when a team knows you are running it and you still run all over them.

credit to philbin for making this happen and zeke being patient to follow the blockers and pick his spot

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe the team watching Dak fight through his rehab has given each and every one of them more impetus to succeed. This team just feels different.

Go Cowboys

ESisback

Reaction score
Yep. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Zeke has definitely turned it up a notch and improved himself this season to make up for last season's performance and game shape.
Add an improved OL and better play calling. I’ll bet he’ll top that projection!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I still think Barkley is the most talented. Unfortunately for the Jints he can’t stay healthy.

Talent means nothing if you can't stay healthy. Especially as a running back. I think Giants can wrap it up now and move on. Official dud draft pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's currently on pace for 1,538 yards and 17 rushing TDs. With the highest yards per carry of his career at 5.3 per tote.

2,000 yards from scrimmage and 20 overall TDs.

Now there's an extra game in there than usual but a nice start for him.

That would probably win me my fantasy league. THIS is what we should expect out of a 15 million dollar running back. Although I would still never pay any back 15 million.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Talent means nothing if you can't stay healthy. Especially as a running back. I think Giants can wrap it up now and move on. Official dud draft pick.
No, not yet. He has too much talent and potential to throw in the towel. But he might not get that second contract in couple years if he can’t stay healthy.