Ezekiel Elliott's current season projection

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hope not!

Jerry needs to tell Kellen Moore that he's the next Cowboys head coach in waiting. He's training and learning under McCarthy, Quinn and the other old veteran coaches right now for the next few years.
He should fire Fat Mikey after winning the SB and promote Pizza Boy.

If not , Moore is gone. He almost left last year. Everybody wants to be a HC now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry will never let him go and shouldnt. Clearly MM is the one that needs to go. Although I would have no problem keeping the band together for another year.
And that’s what should happen. Fire Mm and promote Moore. If not Moore could vault for HC elsewhere.

If this train keeps rolling this will be their last tour together.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Actually wasn't it the yard marker that he hit his hip on.. And frankly the guys holding that thing need to be fined a game check for not moving the damn things out of the way! They just left the damn metal rods inches from the sideline instead of taking them with them as they moved themselves out of harm's way.

Oh and I think the word is pylon..
I actually think it was the camera pylon that they have been setting up at the first down marker for a while now. I would imagine that thing is not just soft foam like years past. I'm sure there is some sort of plastic housing in that thing to protect the camera. Looked like to me that is what Zeke landed on.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He was done, until he got his butt in shape. He needs to do that every year.
:hammer: FACT.

Kudos to Zeke, though. He saw the light and realized he was his own enemy. The stardom went to his head and he started getting fat, out of shape and lazy. Last season's dismal performance for Zeke was an eye opener. So glad he made a full transformation this offseason with his diet, training and dedication.

Like you said, Zeke needs to keep doing this every year if he wants to remain effective and relevant the next several years, because Father Time waits on no one.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And that’s what should happen. Fire Mm and promote Moore. If not Moore could vault for HC elsewhere.

If this train keeps rolling this will be their last tour together.
No, Moore needs AT LEAST one more year learning under McCarthy. Moore is becoming excellent at devising plays and becoming an excellent O-Coordinator. Becoming a Head Coach is a totally different ballgame.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, Moore needs AT LEAST one more year learning under McCarthy. Moore is becoming excellent at devising plays and becoming an excellent O-Coordinator. Becoming a Head Coach is a totally different ballgame.
Pizza boy learns on the go. He reminds me so much of our greatest puppet under Jethros wing. Lol

RaZon

Reaction score
I do think they need to take it easy with Zeke, let's have some Pollard.

Zeke is just Zeke, now we need to keep him healthly for our playoff run.

He is a great example of why ya don't freak out over a couple games, yep.....give things some time.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I actually think it was the camera pylon that they have been setting up at the first down marker for a while now. I would imagine that thing is not just soft foam like years past. I'm sure there is some sort of plastic housing in that thing to protect the camera. Looked like to me that is what Zeke landed on.

I just looked again and you are correct.. I never noticed that camera pylon before. That thing is padded but there is still probably a hunk o metal inside so when he landed on it it probably hurt like hell for a minute. I thought it was his hip initially but you can see on the replay it hit him in the "love handle" area just above the pelvic bone which makes it his fault for not wearing hip pads!!! LOL! I thought the league had mandated guys go back to wearing all the pads because so many were getting hurt and missing games to injuries that the pads would have prevented..

ESisback

Reaction score
Moore has been great from the start. No doubt he is improving at his craft. But its the execution and quality of the Oline that is allowing him to do all this. When one play works, then you can execute other plays off those plays.
Of course. One affects the other. Better players enable an expanding playbook. Time and experience helps evolve and improve. Moore has always been smart, and time and talent has made him better. If I was Jerry, I’d sign him now, before someone poaches him in early 2022.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Of course. One affects the other. Better players enable an expanding playbook. Time and experience helps evolve and improve. Moore has always been smart, and time and talent has made him better. If I was Jerry, I’d sign him now, before someone poaches him in early 2022.

I expect something similar to what Jerry did with Garrett. Promise him that he will be the next HC in Dallas and make him the highest paid coordinator in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I do think they need to take it easy with Zeke, let's have some Pollard.

Zeke is just Zeke, now we need to keep him healthly for our playoff run.

He is a great example of why ya don't freak out over a couple games, yep.....give things some time.

EXACTLY. Zeke wont last 17 games at this rate. He is too old. Pollard needs a little more action. Although I did see Pollard wave out last game after a couple of hard runs. Need to keep both these guys healthy for the stretch run.

RaZon

Reaction score
EXACTLY. Zeke wont last 17 games at this rate. He is too old. Pollard needs a little more action. Although I did see Pollard wave out last game after a couple of hard runs. Need to keep both these guys healthy for the stretch run.

Who is our third guy, racking my brain?

nobody

Reaction score
Yep. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Zeke has definitely turned it up a notch and improved himself this season to make up for last season's performance and game shape.

I freely admit I was wrong about him. I thought he was all talk after last season. But since watching him in game one, it was obvious he was serious. I don't get why anyone would have doubts about him now. He and Pollard together are fantastic. I hope we can keep them in tandem a while.

ESisback

Reaction score
He should fire Fat Mikey after winning the SB and promote Pizza Boy.

If not , Moore is gone. He almost left last year. Everybody wants to be a HC now.

Why do people always have to put “fat” in front of his name? Why not “old” or “Irish” or “white” or “whatever religious label”? Why do we even need a label? His weight has nothing to do with coaching, his ability to think or reason, his morals, or anything else, besides a potentially negative physical problem in the future, and who cares about that aside from his friends and family?