News: Ezekiel Elliott's Lawyer: Alleged Dog Attack Victim Was Trespassing on Property

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just hope we can trade this guy soon while he still has some value.

One of the most unlikeable superstars we have ever had.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
In my estimation of @aria 's point of view, the talent isn't worth the headaches, and he doesn't deserve the talent he has.
I see.

I have no desire to continue this.

I never get this emotional about a team that plays a child's game.

People who do that usually have bigger issues that are frustrating them.

Sports is entertainment. Nothing more.

People should know that it should not be a real thing. It's people playing roles in a fantasy situation.

Some people let it rule their beliefs.

Not healthy in my opinion.

aria

Reaction score
So if I understand you..

you say according to you..

Zeke has just not met your expectations as a person.?

That despite Zeke being supported by Jerrah and the players, he is just wrong?

Do I understand that correctly?

He has no redeeming value except he runs the football to your expectation?

Or is that also subpar ?
Jerry supported Greg Hardy and cheats on his wife so I wouldn’t exactly use him to defend your example of someone being a good guy because Jerry supports them.

I don’t agree with a lot of the things zeke does as a person nor do a lot of people, that’s not the issue. The issue is his behavior as a player and someone who has already been suspended for 6 games. Not only has what he’s done up to this point put the team at risk, which is my concern, but also the fact that he has shown zero improvement and is a 24/7 liability which could harm the team tomorrow, next week, in the middle of a playoff run, who knows.

His lack of maturity and awareness is also concerning. It’s almost as if he doesn’t realize that he was suspended or he doesn’t care which shows how selfish he is. It will be real funny if he finally does something “immature” and gets suspended for a year or more, won’t it?

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
I see.

I have no desire to continue this.

I never get this emotional about a team that plays a child's game.

People who do that usually have bigger issues that are frustrating them.

Sports is entertainment. Nothing more.

People should know that it should not be a real thing. It's people playing roles in a fantasy situation.

Some people let it rule their beliefs.

Not healthy in my opinion.
Well thanks for your concern doc, I guess we’re done here. Have a great day!

erod

Reaction score
Ok.

He has issues but we have had lots of guys with issues that found a home on our team and we won championship with them.

Charles Haley.

This guy was disruptive and danced to his own tune his whole career.

He still comes to our training camps and we revere him.

You hate him?

Duane Thomas took us to a SB and while calling Landry a Plastic Man and refusing to give interviews to the media..

the team tolerated him and some like Walt Garrison openly supported him. Even Landry understood his value in a team situation.

Our team tried to rehab Lance Rentzel who was a pediofile and for awhile did great then fell again and was released.

There are a number of others. Hollywood Henderson played in a SB high.

My point is, there are always some who want a unified behavior while others know that ain't going to happen and just stay out of sight.

One day Zeke will probably be in the HofF. I hope it's all as a Cowboy.

Funny you bring up Haley.

Oh my gawd, the things he did here could never be written in this forum. Those were some of the most disturbing stories I've ever heard in my life. Wow.

aria

Reaction score
In my estimation of @aria 's point of view, the talent isn't worth the headaches, and he doesn't deserve the talent he has.
No, the talent isn’t worth the headaches nor was the draft pick or the contract. As far as his talent, I’m sure he’s a great athlete and could probably be much better if he wanted to be, but I also think he has benefited greatly his entire career both in college and pro from the offensive lines he’s had and the offensive talent he’s been surrounded by. I can’t think of one other back in the league that has been as fortunate as he has in that regard and I have a feeling that if he faced adversity or the conditions weren’t ideal, he wouldn’t look nearly as good as he does now and would crumble in the face of adversity. This cat has been riding the running back gravy train for almost 8 years.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Funny you bring up Haley.

Oh my gawd, the things he did here could never be written in this forum. Those were some of the most disturbing stories I've ever heard in my life. Wow.
Yeah.

But you see..

football is not real life.

It's a sport designed for entertainment.

Football coaches know you cannot in real life smash a guy.

It's only when packaged as a sport with agreed upon rules.

Sort of different.

Coaches want controlled mayhem in football.

And yes Haley was different.

Never forget when he arrived at the Cowboys. Apparently Jimster had a problem with Sir Charles.

He took Haley into the toilets and flushed the toilet and told Haley that was his career if he didn't straighten up.

Apparently, his point stuck with Hayley.

links18

Reaction score
Trespassing? That's one of those crimes they don't want to prosecute anymore, right?

cern

Reaction score
Dak had a similar case. His dogs got out though.
That's more likely to be a liability issue than someone entering your yard.
Basically the dog has as much right to Zeke's own yard as the person entering it.
So IF the yard is marked and Zeke let the company know he has dogs he's probably not liable but still would have been advised to settle if the dollar amount was reasonable.
If the yard was unmarked and no communication to company had occurred it'd be easier to win liability.

My complete guess is Zeke's attorney indicated a willingness to settle and they started negotiating.
The numbers weren't jiving so now the plaintiff's attorney has went pubic to ramp up pressure.
We are 3+ months post-incident. Would make sense if attorney said I will wait 90 days to go lublic and that has now lapsed.
That's a lot of ifs. What do you factually know. That having been said, you're probably right concerning the respective legal strategies.

cern

Reaction score
Zeke could have come out of that DV accusation and suspension smelling like roses had he stayed out of the news for all the wrong reasons, he brought that upon himself. He wouldn’t have been a target if he didn’t pull a girls shirt up in public while being investigated for DV, knock out a DJ after being suspended for DV, be held back by teammates for trying to attack another DJ, bump into a security guard AFTER the 3 incidents I just mentioned above.

He has done nothing to improve his image. Hell he didn’t even have to improve it, he just had to stay out of the headlines and everyone would have forgo about it but the more he did the worse he looked. If they could arrest someone for being dumb, zeke would be serving 3 life sentences.

And yes, I hope he gets it worked out as well. I had also hoped he got it worked out over 3 years ago when he was being investigated for DV. Right or wrong, if a 6 game suspension didn’t even phase how he would change his behavior in public or on social media, what will?
In fairness, he has contributed generously to the salvation army. After signing his new deal he further donated 100,000 dollars to the cause. After Jerry's "zeke who" comment, jerry and zeke had zeke who t-shirts made resulting in the jonses donating another 150,000 to the cause in zeke's name. He paid for the funeral of someone he didn't know. He's got some growing up to do, but i still maintain he's not a bad guy.

cern

Reaction score
Yeah.

But you see..

football is not real life.

It's a sport designed for entertainment.

Football coaches know you cannot in real life smash a guy.

It's only when packaged as a sport with agreed upon rules.

Sort of different.

Coaches want controlled mayhem in football.

And yes Haley was different.

Never forget when he arrived at the Cowboys. Apparently Jimster had a problem with Sir Charles.

He took Haley into the toilets and flushed the toilet and told Haley that was his career if he didn't straighten up.

Apparently, his point stuck with Hayley.
Famed indiana basketball coach did a similar thing far more graphically. Following a loss, knight dropped the real thing on the floor and told the team it summed up their performance.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
In fairness, he has contributed generously to the salvation army. After signing his new deal he further donated 100,000 dollars to the cause. After Jerry's "zeke who" comment, jerry and zeke had zeke who t-shirts made resulting in the jonses donating another 150,000 to the cause in zeke's name. He paid for the funeral of someone he didn't know. He's got some growing up to do, but i still maintain he's not a bad guy.
I agree.

He reminds me of Dez.

Plays with a chip on his shoulder and fights for yardage when needed.

He likes being a Cowboy and he and Dak are a team within our team.

If this team does anything at all..

they will be the reason.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No, the talent isn’t worth the headaches nor was the draft pick or the contract. As far as his talent, I’m sure he’s a great athlete and could probably be much better if he wanted to be, but I also think he has benefited greatly his entire career both in college and pro from the offensive lines he’s had and the offensive talent he’s been surrounded by. I can’t think of one other back in the league that has been as fortunate as he has in that regard and I have a feeling that if he faced adversity or the conditions weren’t ideal, he wouldn’t look nearly as good as he does now and would crumble in the face of adversity. This cat has been riding the running back gravy train for almost 8 years.
You must be kidding, right?

Seems you have a personal problem with him.

I just do not get involved to personal levels like you are doing.

These guys are entitled to their privacy.

You guys who want to attack him have never even met the guy.

Yet you vilify him like he's the best man at your wedding whom you now hate because he dates your ex-wife.

Sort of nonsense to me. Nothing you have said has anything to do with you.

But you jump in with both feet.

That is not normal stuff fellas.

aria

Reaction score
So what is that, like 1% of his contract? 2% of guaranteed money? At 7% interest he can make over 1 million dollars alone just on his signing bonus. $100,000 looks nice to the average joe but I’m hardly impressed.

Remember when zeke was charging kids to sign their jersey after they paid money for entry to a show where they were guaranteed two autographs, amongst others?

https://www.12up.com/posts/6119664-...ess-fans-who-paid-big-money-for-his-autograph

Real swell guy.

aria

Reaction score
You must be kidding, right?

Seems you have a personal problem with him.

I just do not get involved to personal levels like you are doing.

These guys are entitled to their privacy.

You guys who want to attack him have never even met the guy.

Yet you vilify him like he's the best man at your wedding whom you now hate because he dates your ex-wife.

Sort of nonsense to me. Nothing you have said has anything to do with you.

But you jump in with both feet.

That is not normal stuff fellas.
So you don’t care how players act off the field even if it could potentially result in a suspension and hurt the team, I got it.

Entitled to their privacy? Lol, what have I vilified him for that he did privately? If he was smart enough to keep things private we wouldn’t even be having this conversation which is a very large part of my point. I couldn’t care less what he does behind closed doors but he’s too stupid to behave in public.

Do you really have to meet someone to not like them? No. Stop acting like you’re some non judgmental person. You’ve accused me of several things on this site with zero proof. You’re even a mind reader, you’ve told me what I’m thinking and my motivations yet you’re going to tell me not to judge someone who plays for a team I care about and puts that team at risk with his actions?

You keep saying you don’t get involved on personal levels and how it’s not good for your health but you sit on this site 24 hours a day and argue with a lot of the same people over and over again about the Cowboys. I happen to care more about the actual players not the fans.

You also said you were done with me which sounded great, now stick to your word and move along Betty.