FEATURED FA agent thread

Plankton

Reaction score
The Patriots have one bad year and they're aggressively seeking change.

We've had a rough quarter of a century and we're like don't. change. a. thing. We got this.

You think Belichick isn't motivated after Brady left the Patriots and won the Super Bowl in his first year away?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think Belichick isn't motivated after Brady left the Patriots and won the Super Bowl in his first year away?

Of course but I'm not surprised. I always believed at least some of his greatness was a product of Brady. I suspect most was actually.

But he has done a complete 180 philosophically in free agency after one bad season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Imagine watching year after year of the Cowboys largely ignored the first few days of FA and bargain bin shopping and then still trying to convince everyone that hey this year will be different!

I mean the Cowboys are even sending out their favorite media mouth pieces to tell fans they won't make much of a splash in FA this year just to prepare the fans and you still seem to believe they are going to do something special here.
Hey Haters gonna Hate. It’s what y’all do. All the time.

Sydla

Reaction score
Hey Haters gonna Hate. It’s what y’all do. All the time.

Nah it's more like stating reality that has been proven over time.

Every year you do the same thing. You insult people who criticize the Cowboys FA strategy and pretty much every year you end up with egg on your face after the Cowboys, once again, sit out the initial FA period. You continually claim it's "early" and how this guy is still there and that that guy and then in the end, the Cowboys end up signing guys at largely bargain prices that typically end up doing nothing to help the Cowboys.

stiletto

Reaction score
Here's a small guy tonight and how he feels about the Jones family...even though it is a baseball context, same principle:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nah it's more like stating reality that has been proven over time.

Every year you do the same thing. You insult people who criticize the Cowboys FA strategy and pretty much every year you end up with egg on your face after the Cowboys, once again, sit out the initial FA period. You continually claim it's "early" and how this guy is still there and that that guy and then in the end, the Cowboys end up signing guys at largely bargain prices that typically end up doing nothing to help the Cowboys.
At least I don’t quit hoping and just rag on the team all the time and ignore the positive things taking place.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I’m poised off as well. I just don’t give up as easily.

People are frustrated as in spite of the early goings of free agency there is a feeling in their gut that Dallas will once again going to do nothing substantial in free agency. Think of it like daylight savings time: in spite of everyone knowing it's coming every year it still sucks when losing an hour of sleep.

Sydla

Reaction score
At least I don’t quit hoping and just rag on the team all the time and ignore the positive things taking place.

The fact you take pride in "hoping" the Cowboys will do something that you know they likely won't do isn't this badge of honor you think it is.

There is literally nothing "positive" happening in FA for the Cowboys right now. And if you look at the totality of how they have handled FA the last 5-6 years, there isn't a whole lot of positivity there either.