Failed 1st round qb issues

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sometimes people get stuck on stats and not the eye test.

Several QB's got injured via their inept team management.

Tony Romo
Andrew Luck
RG3

It does happen.

NFL players more and more are being judged like Fantasy football players and we ignore their actual real life impact on a game.

It’s easy to put up stupid stats now days.

Joe Burrow, a rookie, was leading the league in yards before he was injured.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
welp saw somewhere that 0(ZERO)- of 22 first round qbs from 2009-2017 i believe are no longer with their original team..so thats what , 6years not one first round qb stuck with the team that drafted them. More are coming to up soon the years of failed 1st rounders could get extended..

This is alarming, Basically none are making it to a 2nd contract.

all those clamoring for trade up or getting qb in the first round at 10 might want to think hard about the risk..sign dak is risk but is it more risk to trade him then miss on qbs the next 2-3 drafts over 6years..hmm a dilemma for sure.

march 9th is coming quickly. lots of decsions for the nfl but the DC FO with dak and FAs..

The NFL needs to actually get the cap SET, so the FA and Tags can begin..

Yep, yet you can listen to 10-20 morons on this forum that think we can just find another top 5 QB no problem. LOL

They want to move on from Dak simply because they cant handle looking dumb.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
And the hits just keep on coming.

Great job. I love when a poster pulls something out of their rear and gets schooled.
Sometimes people get stuck on stats and not the eye test.

Several QB's got injured via their inept team management.

Tony Romo
Andrew Luck
RG3

It does happen.

I did not get schooled. Play style is not a stat.

Trying to avoid tackles, extend plays, and run for first downs while having your eyes downfield is their own ineptitude. Only putting a fraction of your attention to the top notch athlete trying to hit you with everything they have is not smart.

Dak got over confident with using his body taking hits and fighting for extra yards. You can see it when you watch the play. Elliot takes those hits, but he is trained to do it.
Go watch highlights of luck and the stupid plays he had trying to be superman
RG3 was little and weak for his playstyle
Romo wouldnt go down.

You can lose and protect your body
Or you can lose and sacrifice your body

Romo, Luck, and Rg3, all have one of those in common

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yep, yet you can listen to 10-20 morons on this forum that think we can just find another top 5 QB no problem. LOL

They want to move on from Dak simply because they cant handle looking dumb.

Right, some can't handle the dumb play by your boy until the game is out of reach.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You just listed a lot of good solid QBs.

Haskins is the only completely terrible QB on that list.

Trubisky is busting but has had his moments but it’s fair to say he is done even though I think he gets similar results to Dak.

Darnold I like as a lottery ticket. Still very young.

The rest would get the same results as Dak had they been in Dallas.
good solid QBs... but you are hear advocating for dumping good solid QBs and going the draft route to find a "good solid QB?"....you are confusing as hell.

and you just said, Trubisky is busting but has had his moments.....so did Garrett, who threw for 300+ yards in a thanksgiving game backing up Aikman!!!

Darnold sucks. jets are bad, and he is part of the problem. he had had some resources, but couldn't capitalize. don't hold your breath.

the rest who? Goff? Wentz (china doll)? really.... those two. you are saying those two are any good.

Mahomes. perhaps.
Watson, maybe. Although I think the media loves him, but results are confusing at best. 2 years with 4 wins. Quincy Carter and campo got to 5 wins and we sucked back then. he is also 1-2 in the playoffs with a 7 point performance at home against Indy. he has had some really nice weapons around him as well...

everyone from 1-20 is probably a solid QB....which group do you belong to? Dak is defintley top 10.

and this group of Solid QBs is about to be paid and most of them in the 40M range and above (wait until Allen gets his deal next). that's the market for solid QBs these days. Wentz and Goff got paid in mid 30s.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I did not get schooled. Play style is not a stat.

Trying to avoid tackles, extend plays, and run for first downs while having your eyes downfield is their own ineptitude. Only putting a fraction of your attention to the top notch athlete trying to hit you with everything they have is not smart.

Dak got over confident with using his body taking hits and fighting for extra yards. You can see it when you watch the play. Elliot takes those hits, but he is trained to do it.
Go watch highlights of luck and the stupid plays he had trying to be superman
RG3 was little and weak for his playstyle
Romo wouldnt go down.

You can lose and protect your body
Or you can lose and sacrifice your body

Romo, Luck, and Rg3, all have one of those in common
Nice spin......has a little more stank than your first one.

"How was Peyton's oline" to this?

Peyton ran like a pigeon and now you're using scrambling QB's as an example?

What the duck?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Burrow will be fine.. Id take him over Dak in a second.
not so sure I take your word. you didn't think Watson and Mahomes were any good.....

and I am taking your own words and assessment and logic....you Said Dak would have disappeared in Cinci. so Burrow is going to disappear? he certainly didn't lift them much. they are picking top 5.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well that’s part of the reason it’s getting easier and easier to find NFL QBs.

Used to the college spread guy was almost a guarantee bust.. Since about 2016 it’s no big deal and in fact teams are now running more spread and even hiring college coaches like Klimt Kingsbury and Matt Rhule making it even easier for QBs like a Lamar Jackson to transition and win league MVP with absolutely no grasp of NFL concepts..

Heck the great Pat Mahomes said he couldn’t even read NFL defenses until last year.

NFL is changing and your scared old ways of moving on from QBs and having to overpay is crushing teams without and in some cases with elite QBs.
wait...whhhaaattt? its easier and easier!!!??? and I just listed you the 38 QBs picked between 16-19 and only 7 are above average.....

most of these young QBs can't read NFL defenses. it takes a few years. good ones like Mahomes get away with pure athleticism and shear will. by year 4 and 5 they are starting to read defenses and "get it".

and btw, Klingsbury hasn't accomplished anything....neither has Rhule, so lets not crown anybody yet...remember Kelly in philly!!!! OMG, I never read so many accolades about a college coach that was going to transform NFL.

now, these running QBs, come to NFL, use their escapability to extend plays, make a few runs, but until they learn to throw from the pocket, they are regular season champions...that's why Lamar is struggling in post season going against better defenses that neutralize his running ability. he can't throw from the pocket.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
not so sure I take your word. you didn't think Watson and Mahomes were any good.....

and I am taking your own words and assessment and logic....you Said Dak would have disappeared in Cinci. so Burrow is going to disappear? he certainly didn't lift them much. they are picking top 5.
That poster you quoted loves to prop up horrible ahem... “non-athletic” quarterbacks.

“Athletic” QBs are okay if they run like Josh Allen of course:clap: however.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We put a solid team around him? lmao. I thought it was the defense that is all jacked up and that is why the team is 8-8 or so all the time. The defense needs help, but your brother wants to much of the salary cap so how are they putting a solid team around him?

That is how you Daksters operate. The team goes 8-8, but it's not Daks fault, it's the defense. Well, how can the Cowboys fix the defense with no money left over because Dak needs mo, mo, mo money.

So, JJ caves to Dak, Dak gets his coin and the team sucks at 8-8 or so, yet it is not Dak's fault, it's the defense! Plus, Dak will never be the same, only richer and the Cowboys will still suck with him as the QB. Yeah, that's the ticket!
meant, solid offense...we haven't done anything to the defense.. when you are giving up 36+ points a game, historic rate of suckiness. yes, the defense is at fault. unless your expectatins are that we should average 40 points a game, because apprantley that's what it would take. ....

and its been proven multiple times over, his salary won't be a show stopper to sign FAs...we have 7 of the top 5 position contracts on the team already. how many more do you want!!!. unless you apply to the philosophy that draft is for losers and we should just sign FAs to rebuild the defense?

this is how Dak haters operate. when we win, its the people around Dak. when we lose, its all Dak's fault...did I get it right?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

What the duck?

Where is Peyton?

You gotta take what colleges are putting out and they are churning out athletic QBs.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
meant, solid offense...we haven't done anything to the defense.. when you are giving up 36+ points a game, historic rate of suckiness. yes, the defense is at fault. unless your expectatins are that we should average 40 points a game, because apprantley that's what it would take. ....

and its been proven multiple times over, his salary won't be a show stopper to sign FAs...we have 7 of the top 5 position contracts on the team already. how many more do you want!!!. unless you apply to the philosophy that draft is for losers and we should just sign FAs to rebuild the defense?

this is how Dak haters operate. when we win, its the people around Dak. when we lose, its all Dak's fault...did I get it right?

We have not done anything to the defense yet because of what Dak wants. How are they going to pay for top talent with no money because Dak wants or thinks he deserves it all?

dsturgeon

Reaction score

What the duck?

It wasn't spin. It just looked bad, and was not how i meant it

Peyton didnt start or end his time with the colts with that oline. You can make a good case, that peytons oline was as good as they were because of how peyton read defenses, made adjustments, and got the ball out.

He picked out the best line up peyton had at the oline over a long career and tried to use it.

He used those other scrambling qbs as an example not me, I just responded

Luck would still be playing if he would have taken care of his body

RonnieT24

Reaction score
True story.

You're willing to cosign someone saying "IF Ryan Tannehill starts his career in Miami?" Um... Tannehill DID start his career in Miami and got dumped when he proved not to be worth the 100 million dollar contract they gave him. The Titans are learning the same lesson Miami did about him. Namely that he's a mirage who can only win when he's handing off to Henry. Not that any of that has anything to do with Dak..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Burrow is a great talent.. I don’t know if he is elite or not yet.. That’s to be determined..

If he is elite then they will be a heck of a team.

If he is a Dak level of player then he’ll be 1 of about 15 or 20 other guys that go as their team goes.

We haven’t found out if Burrow is a truck or a trailer yet.

We have found out that Dak is a trailer.
that's why I didn't comment on the 2020 QB crop...it takes at least a couple of year and perhaps longer for Burrow since he got injured...

given your past evaluations of players like mahomes and watson and a bunch of no names you touted as NFL ready QBs...and given that 50 FO personnel ranked Dak in the top 10, I would say Dak is a top 10 QB...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We have not done anything to the defense yet because of what Dak wants. How are they going to pay for top talent with no money because Dak wants or thinks he deserves it all?
tell me how we haven't done anything to the defense because we have no money.... we signed 4 players last year none of which made it past mid season. we could ahve kept Byron Jones instead. how is it that we pay same money for 4 players, yet other teams paying same amount tend to find and fit the right player? again are you advocating for us to build a defense through FA?