Fans have a short memory - Tony Romo 2014 **merged**

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
The future with Dak is far more important than finishing this one with Romo.

It's not an either/or scenario. Dak's future will be there whether the team goes with Romo this year or not. You do what you think gives the team the best chance to win a Super Bowl this season. I think Dak has shown enough to justify the belief that he gives the team the best chance to win. But you play for this year, IMO.

irving

Reaction score
First.. these are all assumptions. We don't know what the chemistry or flow to the offense will look like with Romo back in the line up. As another poster pointed out, this is not a video game. The point being missed here is that WE DO REMEMBER... we've all been on the "Romocoaster for a decade"... All these neat things will happen when he comes back yet I've felt like **** at the end of each season since 2006. Once again I think Romo's a heck of a guy and a great competitor. What's stunning to me is the complete sweep under the rug of what's Romo does WRONG..
I completely agree, we all love what Tony has done for the cowboys, he has given his all. But we should not make him into more than he is, Tony is a very good quarterback, who will go down as a guy who would make you happy and make you cry all in the same game. Tony has made plenty of mistakes on the field, let's not act as if we are talking about replacing a Hall of Fame Player.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
How does that mean posters "want Dak to fail"?

Romo is a Pro Bowl QB. Every coach and FO person has said that Romo will have his job back when he is healthy. Dak has said it to. Is Dak rooting for Dak to fail when he says that?

I wanted Tyron Smith to return to his position at LT. Does that mean I wanted Chaz Green to fail?

nailed it

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Here's an idea, the Cowboys are on a 4 game winning streak, why not enjoy the ride? It's been a long time since we have been able to see winning football and yet you come here to thread after thread arguing about Romo and Dak.

What I would do is what Denver did last year. Their backup was playing pretty well and winning games. When his play started going down, they brought a well rested, well healed Manning back. I don't see a need to mess with what we have now, as long as we are winning and playing well.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
You can blame the team behind Romo for that. Romo himself has been nothing short of great.

You CANNOT separate Romo from the teams lack of success. You can't associate him then disassociate when it's convenient? This was a team formed under Romo's identity and he's led it for the past decade. This is why QB is the toughest position in sports.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Here's an idea, the Cowboys are on a 4 game winning streak, why not enjoy the ride? It's been a long time since we have been able to see winning football and yet you come here to thread after thread arguing about Romo and Dak.

What I would do is what Denver did last year. Their backup was playing pretty well and winning games. When his play started going down, they brought a well rested, well healed Manning back. I don't see a need to mess with what we have now, as long as we are winning and playing well.

Agree 100% but Romo is not Peyton Manning. If that were the case, it wouldn't be a debate.

irving

Reaction score
Romo can't stay on the field and ple
I don't count the rushing TDs, because we could have just as easily run it with Elliott. You can count them if you want, but you don't get those touchdowns from 20-30 yards out. As soon as we start playing playoff teams, you'll need a QB who can score in the air and quickly.
And how many playo
Agree 100% but Romo is not Peyton Manning. If that were the case, it wouldn't be a debate.
Peyton Manning is a first ballot Hall of Fame quarterback, you can't use him and Tony in the same breath.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
What I don't get is people who want Dak to fail so that Romo takes the job back. Not more than 5 minutes after the game yesterday, there was a thread started about Romo getting his job back. They couldn't even enjoy a great game by our rookies......

:hammer: For the life of me I don't get this. Some people here have battered wife syndrome with Romo. I'll say this again... THE BETTER DAK PERFORMS THE MORE PEOPLE WANT TO SEE ROMO? It's like people see a reality that they don't want approaching. Makes no sense. We're playing well. We have rookies ballin' and a team gelling! The sentiment on this board MINUTES after a huge win was downright disgusting.

windjc

Reaction score
I completely agree, we all love what Tony has done for the cowboys, he has given his all. But we should not make him into more than he is, Tony is a very good quarterback, who will go down as a guy who would make you happy and make you cry all in the same game. Tony has made plenty of mistakes on the field, let's not act as if we are talking about replacing a Hall of Fame Player.
Actually with a SB ring he WOULD be a HOF player. So that is close to EXACTLY what we are talking about.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
You CANNOT separate Romo from the teams lack of success. You can't associate him then disassociate when it's convenient? This was a team formed under Romo's identity and he's led it for the past decade. This is why QB is the toughest position in sports.

During the tenure of Tony Romo in Dallas - the failure of the team to succeed, season-long, was NEVER due to the play of their quarterback. QB was one of the few positions they could reasonably rely upon. Please return to your drawing board.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I would feel really really bad if Tony won his first Super Bowl ring as a backup to a rookie. The football gods can be cruel that way.

This won't be a problem cause I think we are 2-3 pieces away from contending but wouldn't that be crazy cruel.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
During the tenure of Tony Romo in Dallas - the failure of the team to succeed, season-long, was NEVER due to the play of their quarterback. Please return to your drawing board.

So Romo had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with our lack of success over the last decade? NONE.. I Just want to be clear? You have to be kidding me. This is just plain irresponsible.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
During the tenure of Tony Romo in Dallas - the failure of the team to succeed, season-long, was NEVER due to the play of their quarterback. QB was one of the few positions they could reasonably rely upon. Please return to your drawing board.

Until week 17 and they needed a win to get in the playoffs. I seem to recall quite a few of those games where Romo did not play very well or actually made the mistake late in the game that cost the team a victory..

plymkr

Reaction score

I'm a Romo homer but a 4 game win streak is a 4 game win streak. Loving it. Let's not lose sight of the fact that we have 2 great QBs and the overall team is playing better than we expected. I want Romo to take us to the promise land but I'm not going to let the Dak vs Romo debate to ruin my good mood of this team kicking butt week after week. Seriously, who saw this coming? I didn't and I'm having fun. And I'm not going to let the Dak vs Romo discussion ruin my fun, especially after how last year was so traumatic.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
So Romo had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with our lack of success over the last decade? NONE.. I Just want to be clear? You have to be kidding me. This is just plain irresponsible.

If our defense had been capable enough to nail down late leads Romo would not have been forced into all-or-nothing situations that led to costly picks. Were you even paying attention to the last ten years - or do I need to recite them for you play-by-play?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Not sure how anyone could possibly compare Romo to Prescott. It's night and day right now. Will this kid continue to improve? Absolutely. Is he at Romo's level? Not even close. When Romo returns, the offense will open up, we'll be able to pass down field, and Elliott's production will increase even more.

Stunning how short people's memory's are and the media certainly doesn't want to help.

As Romo keeps going down with numerous injuries and as we see less and less of this 37-year-old, yes, our memories get shorter and shorter.

Gabe

Reaction score
I bet Dak will get more playoff wins this year, than Romo has his entire career. Romo chose to take vacations prior to his playoff game opportunities. He failed, and now it is time to move on. Dak turns down endorsements to focus on helping the Cowboys win. We have to go with the better overall leader at this point.