Fans who would rather their team lose so they can trash the player they hate make me sad

RonnieT24

Reaction score
All I can say is I would never allow these Dak or Zeke or Tank or whoever hating minions cause me any emotional grief. The most I will give them is the equivalent of a pimple on my arse. A minor nuisance but of little consequence in the grand scheme of things. I enjoy watching my team compete and I enjoy watching the players on my team excel. And I really love watching my team win! I will not allow anyone or anything take away my joy!

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
WOW! Just thru the first 3 pages and this thread is “off the chain” rolling. Will definitely finish this,

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing about Dak is when he is bad he is really awful. And the playoffs bring this out along with better teams. The end of the Philly game was a small sample of what's coming.
Insane talk by the Dak stains stating because of our non-belief in his QB abilities we want the Cowboys to lose.
We know what we have seen him do against teams with winning records esp in the playoffs and expect more of the same.
I personally hope we are pleasantly surprised and a miracle happens and DAKCHOKA gets over the hump and we finally make a statement in the playoffs if we happen to qualify.
Yes, folks the fat lady has yet to sing her playoff song as still a way to go till the playoffs.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Insane talk by the Dak stains stating because of our non-belief in his QB abilities we want the Cowboys to lose.
We know what we have seen him do against teams with winning records esp in the playoffs and expect more of the same.
I personally hope we are pleasantly surprised and a miracle happens and DAKCHOKA gets over the hump and we finally make a statement in the playoffs if we happen to qualify.
Yes, folks the fat lady has yet to sing her playoff song as still a way to go till the playoffs.
:muttley:

starfan1

Reaction score
Yep He and Chokemo have gotten similar results but its not been either of their fault alone.They've both had help in failing. Its been a long time since this organization has tasted the sweet nectar of championships. Your biggest culprit sits in the press box with his son.

My prognosis for this year isnt real optomistic either as there are 2 better built teams in the NFC maybe 3 but you never know.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Overpaying players keeps you from acquiring the talent to shore up weak areas and to acquire competent backups.
What talent? Where? How has it stopped us specifically in acquiring talent? Are you suggesting for us to build through FA?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Player haters?

giphy.gif
Happy Panda..
panda-dancing.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That might be the funniest response I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where indeed!!!!!!! So, you've discovered that it's missing also?
huh? you say we need money to go get talent. so where is this talent that we can go get with this money? or did you miss the point or avoiding an answer because there isn't any?

kskboys

Reaction score
huh? you say we need money to go get talent. so where is this talent that we can go get with this money? or did you miss the point or avoiding an answer because there isn't any?
Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing and a miss!!!!

The talent is missing because we overspent on several players. C'mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon, dude, this isn't that hard.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing and a miss!!!!

The talent is missing because we overspent on several players. C'mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon, dude, this isn't that hard.
you are obviously avoiding
where is the missing talent you talked about?. and then show me how you would fill it with whatever money you think is needed. where is the talent coming from?
this ain't yahoo fantasy football son

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Is it time yet for this thread to die? It was started w/ the explicit purpose of attacking others and spreading vitriol and bad feelings around the website.
I started this thread and had no such intention. My point was exactly the opposite if you read it. I’m wishing for the days when fans supported the team and hoped for wins instead of hoping a player they dislike to fail so they can be right.

If guys want to start attacking each other they’ll do it in a thread about a loaf of bread.

Jipper

Reaction score
I started this thread and had no such intention. My point was exactly the opposite if you read it. I’m wishing for the days when fans supported the team and hoped for wins instead of hoping a player they dislike to fail so they can be right.

If guys want to start attacking each other they’ll do it in a thread about a loaf of bread.
I don't think people want dak or the team to fail - I think they expect him and the team to fail.

This being right thing seems silly to me, I just think people are so incredibly frustrated with this cycle of beating crappy teams huge in season, losing to very good teams and then not getting past the divisional round - i personally believe this frustration is manifesting itself as what you are describing.

However, I still feel these fans would rather see dak and the team get over the hump ultimately vs being proven right ....otherwise they aren't really fans of the team but rather followers of yhe team

Jipper

Reaction score
How about we all just agree we all hate Jerry Jones because he's a billionaire who believes he's a good NFL general manager?:)
I don't hate Jerry bc he's a billionaire but I do hate the fact that he's too stupid and stubborn to understand the most successful people recognize what they are not good at and surround themselves with people that compliment them...

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If someone is a crap team mate and a crap player who is selfish and overpaid do I still have to cheer for them?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I love beating the crap out of teams. I love winning. But I shouldn't be obligated to kiss Dak's butt or start worshiping at his alter just because he had a good game today. And I won't.

Let's see if he can do the same against better competition. Lets see if he can step up in the playoffs. Maybe then we'll start talking about giving him deserved props. Right now I still don't trust him. You know who else was able to beat up on the bad teams but could never get it done in the playoffs? Yep, #9.

Go ahead and call me every name in the book - I don't care. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as any other member of this site.
I agree with this. When you get to the playoffs, it's time to play with the big boys. There won't be any crappy teams in the playoffs. We've played ridiculously bad games against the 49ers in the playoffs for the past two years. If we lay an egg again like that this year, looking back at two routs over the Giants won't be much comfort.

So, yes, you're absolutely right. Any win is a good thing. Getting into the playoffs is a good thing (if indeed we do -- that's not a guarantee just yet). But when you get there, you want your team to play well with a good game plan and a chance to win. I want them to do great. If they threw the 49ers or the Eagles out of the playoffs, that would be a wonderful thing. I'll celebrate that if and when it happens. But if they stink up the place, no regular season win is any consolation.