Fans who would rather their team lose so they can trash the player they hate make me sad

JayFord

Reaction score
I been rooting since 1991 for this team to win every game theyve played

DZSierra

Reaction score
So, are you saying you don’t root for them every week?
No, not at all.

I'm just don't act like I'm bi poloar off my meds depending on if they win or loose, or how the first couple of series goes in the game.

Reading about the Giants game yesterday here on this forum and you would think after the first couple of drives the Cowboys were nothing more than buffoons. Now, they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Reality is this board is like this after every game.

Seriously, like every year. Up and down, up and down LOL

My approach just happens to middle of the road;)

nobody

Reaction score
You know what makes me sad? People who put mayo on a hamburger. Why ruin perfectly good meat with a french condiment? It's like putting spoiled milk on cereal. Sure you can eat it, but you'll end up regretting it even if you could stomach the terrible taste.

starfan1

Reaction score
No, not at all.

I'm just don't act like I'm bi poloar off my meds depending on if they win or loose, or how the first couple of series goes in the game.

Reading about the Giants game yesterday here on this forum and you would think after the first couple of drives the Cowboys were nothing more than buffoons. Now, they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Reality is this board is like this after every game.

That’s every game thread practically lol

MS17

Reaction score
I remember when we had the likes of Ryan Leaf, Storner, Hutchinson, etc starting. Bad times
But there were good stories, like Dallas's Kevin Sweeney (7th round pick, Fresno State) who quarterbacked games during the strike-shortened 1987 season as a 'replacement player' (and '88 also). Was never going to replace Danny White, but he was a fan favorite "we want Sweeney!". Very mobile, the Rhinestone quarterback. I didnt like it when the 49ers picked him up in '88 with Plan B FA. (he was actually a ball boy at Thousand Oaks TC)

Whyjerry

Reaction score
so they can trash the player they hate make me sad. Lucky I’m old enough to remember when most fans rooted for the team regardless if they loved or disliked the QB or any other player.
Fans are entitled to vent. This organization was forged with early greatness and it has been ruined by the Jones family. That’s a fact. 30 years of futility. Fans are well within their rights to complain.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I would love to see one of reality’s polls, where there is no escape from an opinion.

Do you root for the Cowboys to win every week?
Yes or no.

Put people on record.

There are plenty of our “fans” who would simply ignore the poll rather than go on record that they actually root for wins
I root for wins. Against teams other than bottom feeders

Which is exactly why I want to move on from certain players at key positions

If that isn't the definition of a "fan", I don't know what is.

I can tell you, openly endorsing and celebrating continued mediocrity sounds like surrender to me.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Of course. You are way too ignorant for anything else. And yet, you think it's OK for you to start a thread hating on a player. You are the biggest hypocrite on this site. Miserable and a rotten human being. All you do is attack and bring extreme vitriol to this site. Just go away.
:hammer:

Kwyn

Reaction score
No, not at all.

The game thread each week is the most toxic place at the Zone every week.

I don’t even look at it, lest I end up in a moment of Zone insanity hating my team, my mom, my life and every decision I’ve ever made.

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than the Fanzone Gameday Thread. We must be cautious"​

Kwyn

Reaction score
I root for wins. Against teams other than bottom feeders

Which is exactly why I want to move on from certain players at key positions

If that isn't the definition of a "fan", I don't know what is.

I can tell you, openly endorsing and celebrating continued mediocrity sounds like surrender to me.
Are you saying you root for losses against bad teams?

Is that some type of doomsday switch in your mind where we hope for disaster so that there’s no option other than to tear it down to rubble?

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Fans are entitled to vent. This organization was forged with early greatness and it has been ruined by the Jones family. That’s a fact. 30 years of futility. Fans are well within their rights to complain.
Nobody is saying fans can’t vent their frustrations, players love taking the applause so they should expect criticism when they’re not performing to their best…
However the issue is the so called fans who disappear when the team wins, only to triumphantly reappear as soon as Dallas loses so that they can slag them off.
The two I alluded to, but didn’t name earlier in this thread, are the worst imo…

tomokawan

Reaction score
What? I bash Dak when he messes up, plus when he gets greedy both on the field and off of it with his agent and contract $$$$ demands.
Why does his or anyone else asking for what they think they should get paid bother you?? Do you know about the good things he does with his money?? Nope, never think about that only, He is paid too much. That is a true hater in my book. I could care less what a player is paid. Be mad at the employer then.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Nobody is saying fans can’t vent their frustrations, players love taking the applause so they should expect criticism when they’re not performing to their best…
However the issue is the so called fans who disappear when the team wins, only to triumphantly reappear as soon as Dallas loses so that they can slag them off.
The two I alluded to, but didn’t name earlier in this thread, are the worst imo…
Life’s too short. Who cares. Some are probably just trolls. My point was that this organization deserves the scorn until they can actually win something. It’s been way too long.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why does his or anyone else asking for what they think they should get paid bother you?? Do you know about the good things he does with his money?? Nope, never think about that only, He is paid too much. That is a true hater in my book. I could care less what a player is paid. Be mad at the employer then.
Have you ever owned or ran a business where you have to balance your budget while still making a profit? Successful businesses know how to balance their budget among its products successfully. Try understanding instead of hating because you simply don't understand how to run a successful business.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Im a cowboy nerd. I could never hate this team. I’m disappointed that we haven’t had more success in recent memory… but that’s sports. A championship will come. We are real close.

gtb1943

Reaction score
If he won the Super Bowl the first thing you would see on this site is..."But can he do it again?"
And that is the way it should be. A one off is one thing; multiples is an entirely different matter.

There are a number of QBs that got hot and lucky one year. Never came close again. To be in the hunt several years and win at least two is something else. Look at how many think Eli is going to the HOF because he had two rings (one by pure dumb luck)

tomokawan

Reaction score
Have you ever owned or ran a business where you have to balance your budget while still making a profit? Successful businesses know how to balance their budget among its products successfully. Try understanding instead of hating because you simply don't understand how to run a successful business.
I think Jerry runs quite a successful business. Again, Why does his money bother you?? Are you paying him?? Are you Jerry Jones???

Qcard

Reaction score
so they can trash the player they hate make me sad. Lucky I’m old enough to remember when most fans rooted for the team regardless if they loved or disliked the QB or any other player.
63 Likes!!! :hammer: :hammer: :lmao: :lmao: :flagwave: :hammer: