fave guitarist

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A different way to show you some of the guitarists I like...I have or have had all of these recordings and each has a great guitarist in them IMO...some very underated and many probably have never heard of, others of course are pretty common names.
If anyone wants to know a name of a guitarist from a group in my list please feel free to ask. :cool:

B0000026KQ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00005AREP.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B0000062FZ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B00000JQFM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000002757.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B00000DHZJ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000002IQ1.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000063DGC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000002KGA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000008D4D.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000002B7U.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000002ILK.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000000FR4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000002H2B.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000002L1F.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B0002EXH54.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000068QZK.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

====

B000001F3L.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000063CP6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B0000009WU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000000OQF.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000001DUK.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B00004Y6O9.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000002L9W.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

===

B000002H5E.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

What! What did I do?? I didn't tell anyone that the cooler king is slacking and doing absolutely nothing but googling, scanning and holding up the water cooler today... I swear I told NOBODY

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Ahhh... Jake E Lee. Love that Badlands Album
Ozzy always finds the best Guitarists. With the exception of Brad Gillis. lol.

That Savatage is good too. I have had pretty much all of those at one point or another also. Very good selection Brain.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
Ahhh... Jake E Lee. Love that Badlands Album
Ozzy always finds the best Guitarists. With the exception of Brad Gillis. lol.

That Savatage is good too. I have had pretty much all of those at one point or another also. Very good selection Brain.

Yes Brad Gillis just did not mesh well with Ozzy's style of music.

CdnCowboy

Reaction score
1) Jimmy Page
2) Jimi Hendrix
3) Randy Rhodes
4) Tony Iommi
5) John Frusciante
6) Alvin Lee
7) Eric Clapton
8) Eddie Van Halen
9) George Harrison (not quite as skilled as the others, but I like what he has done)
10) Mark Knopfler

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Thank God no one has mentioned the HIGHLY over-rated Ritchie Blackmore...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
CdnCowboy said:
1) Jimmy Page
2) Jimi Hendrix
3) Randy Rhodes
4) Tony Iommi
5) John Frusciante
6) Alvin Lee
7) Eric Clapton
8) Eddie Van Halen
9) George Harrison (not quite as skilled as the others, but I like what he has done)
10) Mark Knopfler

Hey...welcome to the ZONE...

I like Page...he's not a technically sound guitar player BUT he invented a style all his own...and he played some GREAT lines...

I like the inclusion of Alvin Lee...VanHalen...Jimi (if you get a chance, check out my wallpaper of him in the Image zone)

Harrison..I guess did some stuff early on..but he was a pretty awful guitar player..in fact, McCartney blew him away...

I don't think a list can be complete without Satriani..and Chet Atkins...just my dopey opinion...

Again, welcome....and if you know what's good for you, steer clear of trickblue...he's got koodies..

CdnCowboy

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey...welcome to the ZONE...

I like Page...he's not a technically sound guitar player BUT he invented a style all his own...and he played some GREAT lines...

I like the inclusion of Alvin Lee...VanHalen...Jimi (if you get a chance, check out my wallpaper of him in the Image zone)

Harrison..I guess did some stuff early on..but he was a pretty awful guitar player..in fact, McCartney blew him away...

I don't think a list can be complete without Satriani..and Chet Atkins...just my dopey opinion...

Again, welcome....and if you know what's good for you, steer clear of trickblue...he's got koodies..

Thanks I have been lurking for some time now, I dont know as much about football as most of the people here so i just read about it. I play guitar, but still obviously dont know much about guitarists...but i will pretend that i do.

As for Harrison I think he was by far the most skilled musician in the Beatles, but that is not saying much. But he brought a different sound to the Beatles using eastern instruments.

Thank you for the warm welcoming, and thank you for the warning...I am afraid of koodies...scary stuff.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
CdnCowboy said:
Thanks I have been lurking for some time now, I dont know as much about football as most of the people here so i just read about it. I play guitar, but still obviously dont know much about guitarists...but i will pretend that i do.

As for Harrison I think he was by far the most skilled musician in the Beatles, but that is not saying much. But he brought a different sound to the Beatles using eastern instruments.

Thank you for the warm welcoming, and thank you for the warning...I am afraid of koodies...scary stuff.

Juke knows nothing about football either and look at his post count...

Glad to have you here... post more...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
CdnCowboy said:

:)

Well, we can agree to disagree...McCartney was/is an excellent bass player..certainly a good piano player..and decent drummer...in fact, his first solo album is all him..George, much as I loved the guy, couldn't touch that...he handles the acoustic better than George did (see BlackBird)..and if you really want to get a kick out of their lead guitar styles...listen to the solos at the end of side two on Abbey Road...each guy takes a run in rounds of three...First up is Harrison, then McCartney, then Lennon...and then repeated..and again...McCartney's lines blow George away...

The sitar was certainly an addition...not sure how proficient he was on that instrument...

Now as far as the Koodies go...if you are going to post to trickblue...just PM Hos for a koodie shot first...

:)

Duane

Reaction score
CdnCowboy said:

Welcome to the board and post more often. You know by reading that knowing a lot about the Cowboys isn't a prerequisite to posting about them. :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane said:
Welcome to the board and post more often. You know by reading that knowing a lot about the Cowboys isn't a prerequisite to posting about them. :D
:hammer: I for one am a classic example of that...:)

:welcome:CdnCowboy...