Favre vs. Bledsoe

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Not as 1 sided as I did.
I guess I just figured that the way the last couple of seasons went for Favre (especially last year) that Bledsoe might get a little more support.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Teams are built around QBs. Once you find a great QB you never let him go.

Great QBs do not play for three different teams in their "prime". End of story. Does not happen.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dawgs0916 said:
We know who that one vote for Bledsoe being far superior is from....
Actually it wasn't who I thought it would be. Shocked me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I guess I just figured that the way the last couple of seasons went for Favre (especially last year) that Bledsoe might get a little more support.
It wasn't last year though, career vs. career.

Name a stat for their careers and Favre dominates him.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Hostile said:
big dog cowboy said:
I guess I just figured that the way the last couple of seasons went for Favre (especially last year) that Bledsoe might get a little more support.[/quotIt wasn't last year though, career vs. career.

Name a stat for their careers and Favre dominates him.

Most losses.:p:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
i voted for Favre, but let me say it isnt cause of the STATS! ive watched both of them throughout their careers, and Favre is just the better QB imo. if we were gonna judge players on stats alone, are you gonna pick Emmitt cause he has the most yards?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Farve has been league MVP... Bledsoe? Not even close.

Bledsoe has NEVER EVER been the best QB in the NFL. He may have been in the top 5 once or twice but rest of the time he's been average at best.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
i voted for Favre, but let me say it isnt cause of the STATS! ive watched both of them throughout their careers, and Favre is just the better QB imo. if we were gonna judge players on stats alone, are you gonna pick Emmitt cause he has the most yards?

Thread hijack in 5...4...3....

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Farve has been league MVP... Bledsoe? Not even close.

Bledsoe has NEVER EVER been the best QB in the NFL. He may have been in the top 5 once or twice but rest of the time he's been average at best.

So has Kurt Warner - I'd take Favre or Bledsoe over him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
So has Kurt Warner - I'd take Favre or Bledsoe over him.

Boy I'm having problems staying with Bledsoe on this one... it's close.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Boy I'm having problems staying with Bledsoe on this one... it's close.

Puhlease. It's one thing not to be a Bledsoe fan...but Warner hasn't played well in 5 years. Bledsoe was at least respectable last season.

mbanx

Reaction score
I was trying to think of Favres last great pass..... Oh Yeah it was an underhanded toss against the Vikings ten yards pass the LOS...and he thought it was funny as well as everybody else who gives this false idol all of their dedication and love. Give me Bledsoe 24/7 before the most overrated QB in recent years. Yeah for 29 ints....thats what we need:rolleyes:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Favre's career has easily been better. But like Crown Royal, I wouldn't want him here at this stage of his career.

I don't care much for what his attitude has become. He seems very sulky and I question how committed he even is to playing anymore. Hell, we could wake up any day and discover he's decided to retire. I know he still likes slingin' the rock, but he seems worn down mentally and emotionally.

Also, I thought he handled the Rogers situation very poorly. Everyone was saying what a great mentor he'd make, and then he comes out and says it's not his job or in his contract to be the kid's mentor. Sorry, but to me, that goes against the team concept. I'd have been highly disappointed in Aikman had we ever attempted grooming a guy under him and he reacted that way.

NorTex

Reaction score
Its funny that no one has mentioned that they played each other in the Superbowl.

Favre played well but only completed 14 passes.

Bledsoe played well, completed 25 passes but was under much more pressure and ended up throwing 4 INTs.

The big difference in the game, though, was Desmond Howard returning punts and kicks...he was the game MVP.

Favre really wasn't that special...he won because of his defense.

Reaction score
Well, there you have it Hostile. Fully 58.46% of all the Cowboys' fans here think Favre's career has been "slightly better", equal to, or less impressive than Bledsoe's.

I voted "slightly better", but I must add the caveat "so far". Favre is done. After the way he has handled his impending retirement, that guy isn't leading anybody anywhere. Bledsoe, in contrast, is in firm control of the starting job for one of the best "on paper" teams in the league.

Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
Its funny that no one has mentioned that they played each other in the Superbowl.

Favre played well but only completed 14 passes.

Bledsoe played well, completed 25 passes but was under much more pressure and ended up throwing 4 INTs.

The big difference in the game, though, was Desmond Howard returning punts and kicks...he was the game MVP.

Favre really wasn't that special...he won because of his defense.

Exactly right. Both QB's won 2 conference championship games. Favre won the SB vs. the Pats, but if not for Desmond Howard's returns there is no telling how that game would have turned out. Also, Parcells abandoned the Pats the week before the game by agreeing to terms with the Jets. That could not have helped the Pat's chances of winning. I believe the Packers were favorites going into the game, they has a better team that year.

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Puhlease. It's one thing not to be a Bledsoe fan...but Warner hasn't played well in 5 years. Bledsoe was at least respectable last season.

"at least respectable"??? Were we watching the same Dallas Cowboys football team? Bledsoe led the Cowboys to victory in fully 5 games in which they were losing at some point in the 4th quarter. And we all know that missed 30-35 FG's in the 4th quarter cost the team 3 games. Am I the only one who remembers Bledsoe OBLITERATING the Eagles, or pulling off an amazing performance IN CHARLOTTE, week 16, to keep the playoff hopes alive??

Man, if you don't thank your lucky stars for have Drew Bledsoe as your starting QB, you have standards at the QB position that are WAY too high.