CFZ Fe, Fi, FO, Fum, methinks the FO is not dumb

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Well this is a dumb way to look at things in a salary cap league. The name of the game is parity. Contenders come and go quickly.

the name of the game is 1 winner 31 losers. Being the first loser pays off more than the 31st with the first pick in the draft

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Titans made the AFC Championship game in 2019 and the Falcons were in the Superbowl in 2016.

I would hardly call that having no chance to win.
who cares? I dont. We see this ALL THE TIME. A team comes from nowhere, makes the big game only to disappear into mediocrity again. The Falcons and Titans CURRENTLY SUCK.

terra

Reaction score
There are no easier fans to ignore than the 27 years people. These are the Ricky Bobbys.
They haven't won a thing in their entire life and base their entire existence on this team winning Super Bowls.
These people should not bother to even speak during the regular season because that is all meaningless to them.
An those like you that clearly have low standards for success are any better?

Beaker42

Reaction score
First off, I am as critical of the owner and his son as anyone because I just flat do not like them but some of the criticism thrown their way is overdone.

He is not the worst GM, by far, in the NFL, either now or as long as he's been doing it. The 26 years of wandering in the wilderness makes him an easy target.

I see blame for Elliott's contract and for Schultz's but is the blame for Schultz's balanced by praise for picking Ferguson and Hendershot for better options in this off season?

The blame for Prescott's is overblown because the crime was not giving themselves any options but the draft and what would a trade up in picks cost and was that worth the risk? They did what they had to do and the criticism for not doing the deal earlier ignores the fact they tried to do that. Most likely at the value they placed on him and not what the market dictated.

So, they sit at 6-2, with a backup QB steering most of those but where is the credit for Cooper Rush?

Here is what I am thinking is happening to too many of you. You are letting the past throw shade on your sunshine of this season. You just can't let it go.

Let those 26 years go and relish this season that is right now. They have the best defense in the last 27 years and a run game they seem content to lean on. This is a good team.

Yes, they could lose in the wild card round and keep that string going but why worry about that now? That's 10 games away and a lot is going to happen between then and now. So, forget then and embrace now.

Don't you really want to be happy being a fan? Or have we become happy blaming the FO for everything to the point that we do not see all of the positive moves they've made? Are we too happy being critical?

Believe me, it is not fun for me to give them credit but there is not any analyst that would have given them a chance at 6-2 when Prescott went down. I know, I heard them all.

So far in the 2022 season, this FO has done a great job and better than anyone here would have predicted. We are so busy criticizing them, the good things slip by us. And there are some really good things.
We can't let it go because these are the same people who allowed the redheaded loser to steer the ship in the wrong direction for 9 years. An owner who truly cared about winning would've pulled the plug on him after his 3rd consecutive 8-8 record.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
who cares? I dont. We see this ALL THE TIME. A team comes from nowhere, makes the big game only to disappear into mediocrity again. The Falcons and Titans CURRENTLY SUCK.
And what exactly have the Cowboys done in comparison this era?

At least they made a big game recently.

Titans are currently 6-2 leading the AFC South. And have won their division for 2 consecutive years now , 4 straight playoffs and in Champ game a couple years ago. Do you not know or just throw crap out there thinking no one knows? Wow

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And what exactly have the Cowboys done in comparison this era?

At least they made a big game recently.

Titans are currently 6-2 leading the AFC South. And have won their division for 2 consecutive years now , 4 straight playoffs and in Champ game a couple years ago. Do you not know or just throw crap out there thinking no one knows? Wow
But if it were the Cowboys you’d say they suck because the haven’t made the Super Bowl. You’re really digging a big hole for yourself. Keep it up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No ones lying to themselves. We understand that every year is different. No team wins the Super Bowl every year or every other year. Some of us chose the glass half full approach. Which is much better than your *****ing approach IMHO.
So this is what it’s about for you. You want to elevate yourself above other fellow Cowboy fans because you’re a more positive fan.

And I suppose since you’re more positive or your half glass is fuller you’re also more knowledgeable and in a position to offer more in depth analysis than those who bring more criticism ?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Since 2009 Titans records:
8-8
6-10
9-7
6-10
9-7
2-14
3-13
9-7
9-7
9-7
9-7
11-5
12-5 (out in 1st playoff game)

2022:
Lost to Giants
CRUSHED by Bills
Ok, here we go where the juggernaut titans start to show there stuff
Barely beat the powerful Raiders
Beat the contender Colts
scraped by against the mighty Commanders
Dominated the Colts (again)
Beat those awesome Texans

The Titans stink and they are likely gonna get crushed again tomorrow. But like I said... teams pop up, have a year or two then back to shitsville. That is the way of the NFL... UNLESS, and you know what is coming next.....lol
UNless you have that hof QB anchoring down your offense for that decade or so. THEN you will have sustained success until their career ends, then you go back to crap(ooops, I mean avg) just like the Saints, Steelers, Broncos, Pats and Colts all did immediately upon the qb going away.

They might manage to win that tough AFC south though. The Colts, Texans, Jags.... combined might win 8 games....lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But if it were the Cowboys you’d say they suck because the haven’t made the Super Bowl. You’re really digging a big hole for yourself. Keep it up.
No, the Cowboys don’t suk. And we have one of the greatest histories in the league.

But there are many teams this era which have had much more success this era . It’s why there is so much criticism.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
First off, I am as critical of the owner and his son as anyone because I just flat do not like them but some of the criticism thrown their way is overdone.

He is not the worst GM, by far, in the NFL, either now or as long as he's been doing it. The 26 years of wandering in the wilderness makes him an easy target.

I see blame for Elliott's contract and for Schultz's but is the blame for Schultz's balanced by praise for picking Ferguson and Hendershot for better options in this off season?

The blame for Prescott's is overblown because the crime was not giving themselves any options but the draft and what would a trade up in picks cost and was that worth the risk? They did what they had to do and the criticism for not doing the deal earlier ignores the fact they tried to do that. Most likely at the value they placed on him and not what the market dictated.

So, they sit at 6-2, with a backup QB steering most of those but where is the credit for Cooper Rush?

Here is what I am thinking is happening to too many of you. You are letting the past throw shade on your sunshine of this season. You just can't let it go.

Let those 26 years go and relish this season that is right now. They have the best defense in the last 27 years and a run game they seem content to lean on. This is a good team.

Yes, they could lose in the wild card round and keep that string going but why worry about that now? That's 10 games away and a lot is going to happen between then and now. So, forget then and embrace now.

Don't you really want to be happy being a fan? Or have we become happy blaming the FO for everything to the point that we do not see all of the positive moves they've made? Are we too happy being critical?

Believe me, it is not fun for me to give them credit but there is not any analyst that would have given them a chance at 6-2 when Prescott went down. I know, I heard them all.

So far in the 2022 season, this FO has done a great job and better than anyone here would have predicted. We are so busy criticizing them, the good things slip by us. And there are some really good things.

I said this in the beginning of the season, before they had success this year. In a poll, there were a few of us, under15 percent, I think it was, who actually believe in what the FO is doing.

That's not to say they've gotten it right every year. But right now, they're doing great.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Since 2009 Titans records:
8-8
6-10
9-7
6-10
9-7
2-14
3-13
9-7
9-7
9-7
9-7
11-5
12-5 (out in 1st playoff game)

2022:
Lost to Giants
CRUSHED by Bills
Ok, here we go where the juggernaut titans start to show there stuff
Barely beat the powerful Raiders
Beat the contender Colts
scraped by against the mighty Commanders
Dominated the Colts (again)
Beat those awesome Texans

The Titans stink and they are likely gonna get crushed again tomorrow. But like I said... teams pop up, have a year or two then back to shitsville. That is the way of the NFL... UNLESS, and you know what is coming next.....lol
UNless you have that hof QB anchoring down your offense for that decade or so. THEN you will have sustained success until their career ends, then you go back to crap(ooops, I mean avg) just like the Saints, Steelers, Broncos, Pats and Colts all did immediately upon the qb going away.
4 straight seasons making the playoffs. We haven’t made the playoffs in consecutive seasons since 2007.

And they made championship game 3 years ago. Cowboys are 1 of 5 NFL teams which haven’t made a SB since 1996. And one of 3 in NFC haven’t made champ game since 1996.

I’m not quite sure why you think the Cowboys are on a higher plateau this era than some of these others. Cowboys are a model of mediocrity this era.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
IMO, they are a team that is fantastic at drafting and has realized that they aren't good with free agency or trading so they don't really try other than to look for scraps.

There are certainly worse situations to be in but man, its just frustrating that a team that is as good at drafting as Dallas has been hasn't been to a conference championship in 25 years or so.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
First, I am pleasantly surprised. I had the Cowboys record at 9-8.

Second, I'm glad they didn't give up a top draft choice for a receiver. Didn't we learn our lesson with Amari Cooper, Joey Galloway and Roy Williams?
A wide receiver is NOT going to make the difference between us making the playoffs or the Super Bowl or not.
A great defense (which we're shaping into), an offense powered by the running game, a healthy offensive line and accurate throws to move the chains will.

Third, I still have my reservations about the Super Bowl, though. I think we make the playoffs easily. I think we can polish off Indy, Jacksonville, Houston, the Titans (bottle up Henry, and you've stopped Tennessee's offense), the Giants and the Commodes. That's 12 wins which easily puts us in the playoffs. I have confidence in Quinn and his defense. I don't have confidence in McCarthy (I knew my players were worried before the SF playoff game :rolleyes:) and Kellen "Boy Wonder in perpetual training) Moore. I expect someone bad call or brainfart at a critical moment in the playoffs, but I hope they prove me wrong.

The difference this year is that they have new coaching consultants, to whom they are listening.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
wait.....uhm, what? I had to click on your name to make sure this was not a new account, an imposter. lol

I can not agree with everything you said more. ENJOY the damn season! We wait for months for the NFL season to begin, our team is clearly in the top4 of the entire NFL and the ONLY reason I rank Buffalo and the Chiefs above is is not their coach, not their GM, not their defense, not their run game, not their WRs..... we all know why. Put their QB on our team and we are immediately ranked 1 in the NFL.

Schutz. Right or wrong to tag him is not a big deal to me. They know how important Schultz has been to Dak and when they tagged him, we had nobody to take his place with guaranteed results. They now have 2 guys behind Schultz that makes it appear to me that Schultz wont be back next year. So did tagging him this year somehow hurt us? That money used on Schultz didnt cost us much and it gone next year when they need to deal with Diggs.

We went nuts when he let Collins go...... and yet Collins has sucked for the Bengals, his contract is gone and we replaced him for CHEAP with a much better player.

The most important thing you said though, at least for me, is ENJOY the season. Unlike some on this board, I was head coach l at a very high level of the sport I coached. We won some huge games and we lost some huge games. I had to deal with girls that were devastated ..... and even myself, for the only time in my life was actually depressed after BLOWING it at Nationals.... but I learned a valuable lesson and I preached it for the rest of my coaching career whenever we lost. The games can not only be fun when you win.
Its the emotions that the sport brings out in us that makes us love it so much..... and even those heartbreaking losses still bring out those same emotions.

Im 52 years old and Ive lost too many friends over the lost 10 years to get caught up in the whining. I am enjoying this season for all its' worth and if we win the SB this year, the next day my life will go on as normal.
If we lose in the playoffs, the next day my life will go on as normal.

Well said.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IMO, they are a team that is fantastic at drafting and has realized that they aren't good with free agency or trading so they don't really try other than to look for scraps.

There are certainly worse situations to be in but man, its just frustrating that a team that is as good at drafting as Dallas has been hasn't been to a conference championship in 25 years or so.
Up until the last couple years we were good at drafting offensively but have missed severely defensively with early picks for most of this era which preventing us from more success. The fact we’ve been drafting better defensively these last few years is beginning to provide us more hope.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well said.
@Reid1boys

Yes it is. And I didn’t see his post and why I attached him here.

I’m not sure why fellow fans get so worked up over differing attitudes towards others fellow fans who follow their team.

We all don’t conduct ourselves in the same manner. Whether you’re a half full or empty type fan it doesn’t mean you’ve elevated yourself above others because you cheer louder or are more critical thinking . Doesn’t mean can offer better analysis , obtain greater instincts , etc.

This attempt at discrediting other fans because we take different approaches has to stop. I’ve sat to many fellow fans at a game I’d never invite into my house but they have the right within the laws or rules to express and conduct themselves however they choose. We are all still rooting for the sum,

I applaud how Reid enjoys his fandom but that’s his choice. It’s not a bar for everyone, We have to stop the attempt at division amongst fans much like we’ve done in society.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So this is what it’s about for you. You want to elevate yourself above other fellow Cowboy fans because you’re a more positive fan.

And I suppose since you’re more positive or your half glass is fuller you’re also more knowledgeable and in a position to offer more in depth analysis than those who bring more criticism ?
I live my life by the glass half full outlook. That’s all. I do think that’s better than folks like you who live the glass half empty life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, the Cowboys don’t suk. And we have one of the greatest histories in the league.

But there are many teams this era which have had much more success this era . It’s why there is so much criticism.
And they deserve criticism but that’s no reason to ***** and moan all the time and give up based on the recent past. That’s for losers.