CFZ Fe, Fi, FO, Fum, methinks the FO is not dumb

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Fields and Bills top defense would be above .500 team.

Allen is best QB right now but Bills were hovering around a .500 team without him.
Do not judge fields off of our game. He is the lowest rated QB in th eleague. He is not good.

.500 gets coaches fired. Like I said, Bills would be Bears without Allen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do not judge fields off of our game. He is the lowest rated QB in th eleague. He is not good.

.500 gets coaches fired. Like I said, Bills would be Bears without Allen.
Bears had top offense coming into Cowboys game. And Bills were .500 team with a great defense without Allen.

Allen makes them arguably the best team but with that defense and an average QB they’d be a potential playoff contender while not a SB contender.

Much like Chiefs were only a playoff contender until Mahomes arrived who made them a SB contender.

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
It’s tough to say if one of those QB’s might have had some success in our offense with strong supporting cast.

So many of these top drafted QB’s go to crap teams and then lose their confidence quickly .

I wonder how Dak might have done early in his career if he went to a bottom tier team?

Yep, many have said he stepped into quite a good situation and what he might have looked like on a not so ready to win now team that that 2016 offense and specifically, the oline that was inherited. There was gonna be offensive success with that oline, no matter who was QB.

plymkr

Reaction score
As critics who bash this dysfunctional organization most of the time we must known when it’s time to applaud .
Right. I'm a critic of this organization but this season is a time to applaud. I applaud this organization for building a top 5 defense basically through the draft. I applaud this organization for weathering the storm of Dak being injured. I applaud this organization for letting RG and Collins walk and replacing their production with better contracts.

Overall I am impressed by this season and the rebound we had since game 1 that put us in the playoff race.

I was thinking about this today. As much as I criticize Jerry and bash him at every possible opportunity. If we did win a super bowl this year I think I'd probably shed tears for the guy knowing he did it. I'd want to see the look on his face and his emotional response to us taking the victory formation in the Super Bowl and winding the clock down to a victory. I honestly believe if I saw him shed tears, I'd probably do the same. I'm an emotional guy tho but still it would be a good moment to watch. Again, no fan of Jerry, but being honest that would emotional.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right. I'm a critic of this organization but this season is a time to applaud. I applaud this organization for building a top 5 defense basically through the draft. I applaud this organization for weathering the storm of Dak being injured. I applaud this organization for letting RG and Collins walk and replacing their production with better contracts.

Overall I am impressed by this season and the rebound we had since game 1 that put us in the playoff race.

I was thinking about this today. As much as I criticize Jerry and bash him at every possible opportunity. If we did win a super bowl this year I think I'd probably shed tears for the guy knowing he did it. I'd want to see the look on his face and his emotional response to us taking the victory formation in the Super Bowl and winding the clock down to a victory. I honestly believe if I saw him shed tears, I'd probably do the same. I'm an emotional guy tho but still it would be a good moment to watch. Again, no fan of Jerry, but being honest that would emotional.
While we should be excited about how this season has unfolded thus far I can’t blame others for wanting to reserve themselves until at least January with all of the disappointments we’ve had this era . As long as it doesn’t prevent you from enjoying the ride.

75boyz

Reaction score

When you put it like that I can't help but admit that I would be right there with ya. Because I'm the same as you.

Good post.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, many have said he stepped into quite a good situation and what he might have looked like on a not so ready to win now team that that 2016 offense and specifically, the oline that was inherited. There was gonna be offensive success with that oline, no matter who was QB.
Yea, I’m not sure he makes Rookie of the year like on the Jets or Jags for example. Just saying ..

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I just love watching the defense play... I typically want the offense to hurry up and score so I can watch the defense lol.

I was the same way, but the offense it starting to even out. I ike seeing the 2 rookie TE's, and I am excited about seeing Tolbert contribute, and waiting on what Washington does

links18

Reaction score
How can you be totally incompetent and go 12-5 and then start the next season 6-2 with a backup playing 5 games?

I’m all for saying they aren’t good enough but incompetent makes no sense when teams like Detroit and Washington exist.

It's called luck, otherwise known as the broken clock being right twice a day.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yea, I’m not sure he makes Rookie of the year like on the Jets or Jags for example. Just saying ..

No argument from me.
The career path looks entirely different as well. If he'd even still be in the league.

jmo

Last edited:

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
We are lucky to have Dak as our QB. The fact that it's been over a quarter of a century since a conference championship game really sucks.

nobody

Reaction score
Here's the deal. In the regular season the Cowboys can be dominant and look SB bound some years. However, the culture that Jerry has cultivated, of blowing smoke up his players butts, of the entitlement, the culture of undermining coach authority because Jerry wants to be the players' buddy, all that contributed to Playoff softness.

I'll need to see proof of that changing to truly have hope for this team because it's been the same old same old. Make the playoffs, be soft in the playoffs. There have been exceptions in some phases of the game (and not others) , but that's the same recipe under Jerry for 27 years. It's not about holding the past against them. It's about the same leadership of softness and very little changing in the way things are run. There is a famous quote that applies, and someone should drill it into the FO's heads: "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

I am enjoying the season. Do I truly have hope they are SB bound? It would be nice if they are, but I don't believe they are. They have to actually play well in the playoffs and not roll over and give up and I mean in all phases of the game. Even knowing it's unlikely, I'm enjoying the season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
First off, I am as critical of the owner and his son as anyone because I just flat do not like them but some of the criticism thrown their way is overdone.

He is not the worst GM, by far, in the NFL, either now or as long as he's been doing it. The 26 years of wandering in the wilderness makes him an easy target.

I see blame for Elliott's contract and for Schultz's but is the blame for Schultz's balanced by praise for picking Ferguson and Hendershot for better options in this off season?

The blame for Prescott's is overblown because the crime was not giving themselves any options but the draft and what would a trade up in picks cost and was that worth the risk? They did what they had to do and the criticism for not doing the deal earlier ignores the fact they tried to do that. Most likely at the value they placed on him and not what the market dictated.

So, they sit at 6-2, with a backup QB steering most of those but where is the credit for Cooper Rush?

Here is what I am thinking is happening to too many of you. You are letting the past throw shade on your sunshine of this season. You just can't let it go.

Let those 26 years go and relish this season that is right now. They have the best defense in the last 27 years and a run game they seem content to lean on. This is a good team.

Yes, they could lose in the wild card round and keep that string going but why worry about that now? That's 10 games away and a lot is going to happen between then and now. So, forget then and embrace now.

Don't you really want to be happy being a fan? Or have we become happy blaming the FO for everything to the point that we do not see all of the positive moves they've made? Are we too happy being critical?

Believe me, it is not fun for me to give them credit but there is not any analyst that would have given them a chance at 6-2 when Prescott went down. I know, I heard them all.

So far in the 2022 season, this FO has done a great job and better than anyone here would have predicted. We are so busy criticizing them, the good things slip by us. And there are some really good things.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/pft...weapon-but-its-back-to-zeke-next-week.502450/
I guess this is jerry being smart again ?? :D:rolleyes:

I see some good things, but it isnt the jones boys lol, it is mainly dan, who they did hire, and as for the drafting,
jones boys mainly focus on 1st and 2nd round, and the rest like the 2 te are done by others.'
As we all know parsons was an accident, so they have been more lucky than smart.
Tyler turned out to be a good pick though but I have to think it wasnt just the jones boys doing the picking, they just listened more to others
recently.

The nfc has changed dramatically from last season, so cowboys have a chance, now lets see what they do with it.