CFZ Fe, Fi, FO, Fum, methinks the FO is not dumb

Diehardblues

Reaction score
then why dont the other31 teams do what is so blatantly obvious to you every year. I mean, if it is so easy, why arent there so many great teams playing right now? Reality is there are 5 to 6 good teams right now and w hole bunch of avg and garbage teams..... but that makes no sense, since it is so easy to see what is needed to build a SB caliber team.
I think he was referring to what was so easy to see what we needed. That was my take .

75boyz

Reaction score
It's ongoing. Romo was an undrafted FA, Dak a 4th round pick. Parsons was by accident, and I think Tyler Smith is better than Evan Neal. Just to name a few. Oh yeah, Diggs at pick 44.

Yep, and who can forget the intent in the draft was Paxton Lynch and then Connor Cook in 2016. The intent was Dak was just a back up 4th rounder to Moore and Romo.

Steven Jones admitting Surtain or the South Carolina kid was the pick. Not Parsons. And then Philly moving up and not taking him but took Devonta Smith.

Lotsa luck. Not planned nor intended.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Yep, and who can forget the intent in the draft was Paxton Lynch and then Connor Cook in 2016. The intent was Dak was just a back up 4th rounder to Moore and Romo.

Steven Jones admitting Surtain or the South Carolina kid was the pick. Not Parsons. And then Philly moving up and not taking him but took Devonta Smith.

Surtain would have been nice across from diggs

Parsons is amazing, but that doesn't mean the cowboys would not have a solid defense without him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Good adds…we literally just came up with about 10+ miserable examples just looking at the last decade or so lol.

If we win a Super Bowl while the Jones are still in charge I truly believe it will be in spite of them and somewhat luck.
And that was just off the top of my head. Here's some more:

Failed to take the proferred trade of Antonio Cromartie for Tashard Choice.

Failed to take a 2nd round pick for both MartyB and Mike Jenkins. Jenkins was an impending FA who we were going to let walk anyway.

Went chasing Pacman while SF was quietly signing Justin Smith.

Thought Cedric Thornton was a NT even though his build and play screamed 3 tech.

Has no idea what lateral agility and burst are, or what effect they have on a player's success.

Constantly drafts players falling in draft due to injuries/other issues, even though this method has constantly failed.

817Gill

Reaction score

Eh the Philly moving up and not taking Parsons wasn’t luck. Once the CB’s were off the board Parsons was the pick. The Eagles and Giants both wanted Smith, so seeing as he was going to be in the division anyways since NYG picked after us, they got the extra asset from Philly and swapped picks.

Philadelphia had assured Dallas they were taking Smith. Yes they could have lied but GM’s don’t do that type of thing as it’ll sour their reputation and make moves harder in the future.

Flamma

Reaction score
You call it luck, I call it good player management.

Can I take a pull from your pipe? You've got some good stuff in there. It's ok to admit we got lucky.

When they drafted Dak, did they draft him with the idea he would be a really good QB? A franchise QB? He was an afterthought. In the 2005 draft they passed on Aaron Rodgers not once, but twice. We had a has been at QB. But tony Romo turned out to be good. This is all dumb luck, not good player management.

They would have taken a CB instead of Parsons. More dumb luck. But hey, I'm all for dumb luck if it continues. But lets not pretend this was the plan. Because if you do, I'll need a hit from your pipe.

817Gill

Reaction score
And that was just off the top of my head. Here's some more:

Failed to take the proferred trade of Antonio Cromartie for Tashard Choice.

Failed to take a 2nd round pick for both MartyB and Mike Jenkins. Jenkins was an impending FA who we were going to let walk anyway.

Went chasing Pacman while SF was quietly signing Justin Smith.

Thought Cedric Thornton was a NT even though his build and play screamed 3 tech.

Has no idea what lateral agility and burst are, or what effect they have on a player's success.

Constantly drafts players falling in draft due to injuries/other issues, even though this method has constantly failed.
Dude you could do this for every team lol. Teams make hundreds of transactions and decisions, everyone has more bad than good that’s just the nature of sports.

A few great decisions can outweigh a bunch of bad ones. We are nowhere near a bottom 10 front office. Can’t have the 8th best winning percentage since 2010 and be a bottom 10 FO. Just doesn’t add up.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Can I take a pull from your pipe? You've got some good stuff in there. It's ok to admit we got lucky.

When they drafted Dak, did they draft him with the idea he would be a really good QB? A franchise QB? He was an afterthought. In the 2005 draft they passed on Aaron Rodgers not once, but twice. We had a has been at QB. But tony Romo turned out to be good. This is all dumb luck, not good player management.

They would have taken a CB instead of Parsons. More dumb luck. But hey, I'm all for dumb luck if it continues. But lets not pretend this was the plan. Because if you do, I'll need a hit from your pipe.
They could’ve picked someone else besides Dak or Romo.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Weak reply. Pay more attention so you can make replies that don't make you appear to be unknowledgeable.
12-5 and 6-2 and I look unkowlegeable? :lmao:

Like I said earlier, no matter what the team does there will always be Karens like you around. Always.

kskboys

Reaction score
EVERY team makes moves that in hindsight can be viewed as VERY STUPID. Lets point to that great FO in Cincinnati I mean they were in the SB last year, so they must have a clue? Yes?
Well, Getting Laiel Collins was pretty stupid.
You're addressing the wrong poster. I don't use hindsight in my assessments.

Cincy went out and got Reader, Hendrickson, and Ogunjobi. Those moves put them in the super bowl. I'm not a Cincy fan so I have no idea who their GM even is. However, he did good here.

LCollins. Depends on what they paid him and how long the contract was. Cincy's OL was so bad, it was prolly a good signing.

75boyz

Reaction score
Eh the Philly moving up and not taking Parsons wasn’t luck. Once the CB’s were off the board Parsons was the pick. The Eagles and Giants both wanted Smith, so seeing as he was going to be in the division anyways since NYG picked after us, they got the extra asset from Philly and swapped picks.

Philadelphia had assured Dallas they were taking Smith. Yes they could have lied but GM’s don’t do that type of thing as it’ll sour their reputation and make moves harder in the future.

True. Valid point. I was following along as it unfolded as well with Roseman coveting Devonta and the Giants having no plan B and taking Toney as another failed Gettleman pick because he had no backup plan.

kskboys

Reaction score
12-5 and 6-2 and I look unkowlegeable? :lmao:

Like I said earlier, no matter what the team does there will always be Karens like you around. Always.
And more weak name calling!!!!!!! Gawd, you're just so pathetic!!! Don't even comprehend why spouting a couple of simple numbers makes you look unknowledgeable. Why don't you simply put me on ignore? You'd be much better off, as you obviously can't handle any but the simplest convos.

links18

Reaction score
I mean the front office is totally incompetent, but whatever you have to tell yourself to get though the season without committing Sepuku, I guess.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm more in the thought process that maybe we can succeed despite their incompetence.

No, they are easily bottom 10. Why? Because it's been blatantly obvious for many many years what is needed to make this team a super bowl contender, and instead we continuously focus on CB's and WR's, and make very odd picks that do not work out. If we had taken Hankins instead of Escobar in that draft, we would've won at least 2 more playoff games. This FO flatout refuses to make the moves that would equal success. Bottom 10.
Yea, if Parsons hadn’t fell in our lap I’m not sure this defense is the impact it’s making now. We were intent on drafting one of the CB’s until they were snagged right in front of us. Hence Parsons.

And it wasn’t just Escobar. The misses we made on defense with several of our top picks when we had a championship caliber offense cost us a better defense ultimately preventing deeper runs in the playoffs.

817Gill

Reaction score
True. Valid point. I was following along as it unfolded as well with Roseman coveting Devonta and the Giants having no plan B and taking Toney as another failed Gettleman pick because he had no backup plan.
Yeah Gettleman really helped us out. The pick would either be head scratching or the player wouldn’t get developed so even with Daboll now they have a lot of holes to fill.

Drafts move quickly and you have to be able to pivot. Dave didn’t seem up for it lol.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You're addressing the wrong poster. I don't use hindsight in my assessments.

Cincy went out and got Reader, Hendrickson, and Ogunjobi. Those moves put them in the super bowl. I'm not a Cincy fan so I have no idea who their GM even is. However, he did good here.

LCollins. Depends on what they paid him and how long the contract was. Cincy's OL was so bad, it was prolly a good signing.
they inherited his cowboys contract, didnt they?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And more weak name calling!!!!!!! Gawd, you're just so pathetic!!! Don't even comprehend why spouting a couple of simple numbers makes you look unknowledgeable. Why don't you simply put me on ignore? You'd be much better off, as you obviously can't handle any but the simplest convos.
Ok Karen. Move along to the next thread you’ll be whining in.

817Gill

Reaction score
I mean the front office is totally incompetent, but whatever you have to tell yourself to get though the season without committing Sepuku, I guess.
How can you be totally incompetent and go 12-5 and then start the next season 6-2 with a backup playing 5 games?

I’m all for saying they aren’t good enough but incompetent makes no sense when teams like Detroit and Washington exist.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Bit of a facepalm moment considering all the teams you mentioned have won Super Bowls in half the time period since we last won one.
like someone said... squirrel finds a nut... right?

Also, notice how each of those teams have had 1, maybe 2 HOF qbs? So that made that front office 'Good." Now the HOF Qb is gone and they suck. Predictable.