CFZ Fe, Fi, FO, Fum, methinks the FO is not dumb

kskboys

Reaction score
he wans't a pass rusher in college
He did. That was misinformation passed on by the spewing heads on TV. Parsons was considered one of the best pass rushing/blitzing LB's in the draft. Many considered him the best.

Parsons had 5 sacks his last season in college.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
He did. That was misinformation passed on by the spewing heads on TV. Parsons was considered one of the best pass rushing/blitzing LB's in the draft. Many considered him the best.

Parsons had 5 sacks his last season in college.

I meant that he didn't line up as a DE. He sat out for covid. They didn't move up because they didn't have to. No one was picking him

terra

Reaction score
First off, I am as critical of the owner and his son as anyone because I just flat do not like them but some of the criticism thrown their way is overdone.

He is not the worst GM, by far, in the NFL, either now or as long as he's been doing it. The 26 years of wandering in the wilderness makes him an easy target.

I see blame for Elliott's contract and for Schultz's but is the blame for Schultz's balanced by praise for picking Ferguson and Hendershot for better options in this off season?

The blame for Prescott's is overblown because the crime was not giving themselves any options but the draft and what would a trade up in picks cost and was that worth the risk? They did what they had to do and the criticism for not doing the deal earlier ignores the fact they tried to do that. Most likely at the value they placed on him and not what the market dictated.

So, they sit at 6-2, with a backup QB steering most of those but where is the credit for Cooper Rush?

Here is what I am thinking is happening to too many of you. You are letting the past throw shade on your sunshine of this season. You just can't let it go.

Let those 26 years go and relish this season that is right now. They have the best defense in the last 27 years and a run game they seem content to lean on. This is a good team.

Yes, they could lose in the wild card round and keep that string going but why worry about that now? That's 10 games away and a lot is going to happen between then and now. So, forget then and embrace now.

Don't you really want to be happy being a fan? Or have we become happy blaming the FO for everything to the point that we do not see all of the positive moves they've made? Are we too happy being critical?

Believe me, it is not fun for me to give them credit but there is not any analyst that would have given them a chance at 6-2 when Prescott went down. I know, I heard them all.

So far in the 2022 season, this FO has done a great job and better than anyone here would have predicted. We are so busy criticizing them, the good things slip by us. And there are some really good things.
show me a ring; or at the very least show me an appearance in the NFC championship game and be competitive. Until then take your jerry fanboy crap and stick it

kskboys

Reaction score
So over the last 20 something years he’s worse than the Jets, Dolphins, Lions, Washington, Chicago, Cleveland, Cincy, Buffalo, Raiders, Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee?

And not just the last 2-4 years over the course of the last two decades or so?

You could say we are an average at best FO, bottom 10 for a team that’s consistently competitive makes no sense. Teams with more losing records than winning in the last 20 are bottom 10.

It’s all semantics though because neither are SB level FO’s. Whether bottom 10 or average.
Once again, what is your goal? If it's super bowl contention, Jerry is easily bottom 10.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree overall with Coaches post here. I made a similar positive thread this morning on status of this season. And if we have success Jethro should receive his due much like the blame he’s had all of these years.

kskboys

Reaction score
I meant that he didn't line up as a DE. He sat out for covid. They didn't move up because they didn't have to. No one was picking him
They did not know that. Parsons should've gone top 5, he was quite simply that good of a prospect. Him falling was just beyond stupid.

75boyz

Reaction score
After 27 years the trees are pretty frikin tall.

It’s like dealing with a problem family member. You’ll always stand behind them pulling for their success but at some point they’ll need to prove themselves.

You either are an enabler to that family member's continued behavior or you call for a family intervention.

Since in this case the whole Jones family is living high on the hog why upset the apple cart by a family intervention?

And what's the end game anyway?
Jerry stepping down and Stephen stepping in....

More of the same.

Gotta win in spite of, lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not at all . Diehard thru it all. Haven’t missed a game in over 60 years. And I boo and cheer thru thick and thin.

Have to take the good with the bad. And the prospects for a better team now doesn’t pardon the mistakes over this era.
And the mistakes in the past doesn’t prevent them from being succu in the future. That’s where I disagree with you and many others here. Y’all always harp about “The haven’t done anything in 26 years” like that has anything to do with the present.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree overall with Coaches post here. I made a similar positive thread this morning on status of this season. And if we have success Jethro should receive his due much like the blame he’s had all of these years.
Which I will gladly give him.

I think MM knows what he's doing. Great hire, Jerry. Appears as if you're heading in the right direction. Now just stop w/ the Kelvin Joseph type picks.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know if I am willing to say the FO knows what they are doing, but I will say the offseason which was panned by almost everyone has worked out for them so far.

A lot has gone right for them. Steele has turned out to be a very good run blocker. Biadasz has improved tremendously as well. Farniok and McGovern has done well enough at LG. And of course, Tyler Smith has stepped in for Tyron Smith almost seamlessly.

The defense has actually improved over last year. The pass rush, without Randy Gregory, has been the best in the league so far.

The draft appears to be a home run. Tolbert may be a disappointment, but perhaps he was overhyped to begin with.

I never had an issue with letting Cooper and Collins go. I said at the time it was a risk, but my biggest issue was what they got in return. The Cowboys trashed Cooper and let it be known he and Collins would both be cut if a trade could not be worked out. They lowered their value.

I think there have been a few stumbles as well, like not replacing Cooper and letting the Commanders pilfer Ridgeway. But overall, the front office has been successful in 2022. Jerry needs to give McClay the GM title and step back.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
when you think of how close we came to have that moron Johnny Football here, and then the other acts of the clown show right up until this year....
I never believed Jethro was serious about drafting Manziel. He just expressed interest in case he turned out to be a star since he was going to pass on him.

Jethro stated morning of that draft he had no intention of drafting Romo’s heir apparent until Romo was done.

817Gill

Reaction score
Once again, what is your goal? If it's super bowl contention, Jerry is easily bottom 10.
So are you ignoring the 12 or so teams I mentioned or are you saying that when those bottom tier teams are removed we are bottom 10?

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't know if I am willing to say the FO knows what they are doing, but I will say the offseason which was panned by almost everyone has worked out for them so far.

A lot has gone right for them. Steele has turned out to be a very good run blocker. Biadasz has improved tremendously as well. Farniok and McGovern has done well enough at LG. And of course, Tyler Smith has stepped in for Tyron Smith almost seamlessly.

The defense has actually improved over last year. The pass rush, without Randy Gregory, has been the best in the league so far.

The draft appears to be a home run. Tolbert may be a disappointment, but perhaps he was overhyped to begin with.

I never had an issue with letting Cooper and Collins go. I said at the time it was a risk, but my biggest issue was what they got in return. The Cowboys trashed Cooper and let it be known he and Collins would both be cut if a trade could not be worked out. They lowered their value.

I think there have been a few stumbles as well, like not replacing Cooper and letting the Commanders pilfer Ridgeway. But overall, the front office has been successful in 2022. Jerry needs to give McClay the GM title and step back.
I completely agreed w/ these offseason moves, and started threads saying so. These moves make sense.

I like what Jerry is doing now, hope he keeps it up.

Flamma

Reaction score
They could’ve picked someone else besides Dak or Romo.

Yes. Patriots could have picked someone else over Tom Brady. But we attribute that to luck. Most of us do. But I'll agree that at least they made those picks. So you have to give them credit for that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes. Patriots could have picked someone else over Tom Brady. But we attribute that to luck. Most of us do. But I'll agree that at least they made those picks. So you have to give them credit for that.
All the credit.

kskboys

Reaction score
So are you ignoring the 12 or so teams I mentioned or are you saying that when those bottom tier teams are removed we are bottom 10?
Super bowl contention.

Two of those teams you named have made super bowls. Chi and Cincy.

Several of the others have built super bowl contenders: NYJ, BUFF, JAX.

You're getting caught up w/ numbers. Comparing us to badly run franchises does not make us better.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
They did not know that. Parsons should've gone top 5, he was quite simply that good of a prospect. Him falling was just beyond stupid.

top 5 is pretty high for an off the ball linebacker, especially one who sat out the year before