Fear the Walking Dead

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I've been watching the strain, walking dead, z nation, and dominion for several years. This is what I'm having problems w Fear the Walking Dead:

1. Can't get into the characters. They are unlike able not like Rick or Glenn or michonne
2. Why doesn't the druggie change his clothes. It's been weeks he must smell so bad.
3. Why isn't there any newscast about the zombie infection - the govt might have banned it but I'm sure YouTube Twitter ect would have info
4. Why isn't there more use of helicopters, attack helicopters and AC 10s. AC 10s would totally destroy zombie hordes.
5. Tanks and armored carriers. Why not send a battalion of tanks. To help bulldoze through the zombies.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Even though it's still unrealistic, it's still better than the walking dead..where Rick wakes up and it's hell already, he slept through the take over lol. At least this show shows the military had some competence. Twd was just too corny for me..after season 1 it went down hill.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I've been watching the strain, walking dead, z nation, and dominion for several years. This is what I'm having problems w Fear the Walking Dead:

1. Can't get into the characters. They are unlike able not like Rick or Glenn or michonne
2. Why doesn't the druggie change his clothes. It's been weeks he must smell so bad.
3. Why isn't there any newscast about the zombie infection - the govt might have banned it but I'm sure YouTube Twitter ect would have info
4. Why isn't there more use of helicopters, attack helicopters and AC 10s. AC 10s would totally destroy zombie hordes.
5. Tanks and armored carriers. Why not send a battalion of tanks. To help bulldoze through the zombies.

Because some people in the military would have a hard time shooting or hurting uncle bob. That is the thing about Zombies, the genre's main element is the struggle of humanity and survival. Some people can't kill a zombie because they still see a person, while others will rock and roll on that pussbag and anything they "think" is a zombie. In a total breakdown of society, is man good or evil?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

For fun I'll take a crack at the answers lol

1. Normally, I would agree. I just think it's not important in this instance. That may change for you, me and all in season two.

2. He wants to smell bad so zombies think he is dead lol

3. Yeah, I just think they don't want to do a play by play in this show. I agree with you though. FYI they are doing a web series. Google it. Flight 462 part 1

4. Blowing up hordes. That wouldn't do as much damage as you think. Unless you hit all of their brains.... They still keep on going.... Energizer bunnies? Lol

5. I like it. Eventually then run out of gas though. Again, I like it. Could be planned out properly.

jrumann59

Reaction score
For fun I'll take a crack at the answers lol

1. Normally, I would agree. I just think it's not important in this instance. That may change for you, me and all in season two.

2. He wants to smell bad so zombies think he is dead lol

3. Yeah, I just think they don't want to do a play by play in this show. I agree with you though. FYI they are doing a web series. Google it. Flight 462 part 1

4. Blowing up hordes. That wouldn't do as much damage as you think. Unless you hit all of their brains.... They still keep on going.... Energizer bunnies? Lol

5. I like it. Eventually then run out of gas though. Again, I like it. Could be planned out properly.

#4 while tru much easier to get away from a zombie with no arms or legs.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Lol

Blow them up... If still walking.... Don't need arms... Just teeth...

Did you see when Michonne burst into the scene?

yeah bat harder to grab you not to mention if one without arms gets close enough you have other things to worry about. Really just wait a week or two and then drop bombs with all the decomp the pressure wave would make them meat puzzles.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
What do you guys think. Would zombies get demolished by a medieval army with calvary and knights in full plate armor. Foot soldiers w chain mail and pikes or sword and shields.

jrumann59

Reaction score
What do you guys think. Would zombies get demolished by a medieval army with calvary and knights in full plate armor. Foot soldiers w chain mail and pikes or sword and shields.

Something to be said about the methods of old, back then besides archers everything was CQC, and hell since they are not going to go defensive how many times do you think you could swing a mace or axe or brad sword before exhaustion set in. At least you have armor

John813

Reaction score
I'll watch the show as it starts up again next season...

But the characters are crap.

I'm not really interested in any of the "Fear" characters.

I think that's the difference between having Frank Darabont involved and not having him involved.

I agree 100%.

FTWD had no likeable/relatable characters for me. Travis was a pansy for 99% of the season, his biological son is annoying **, his new wife is **, and the barber is a tough dude but also an idiot for releasing the dead to save his dead wife. Honestly, unless season 2 is better, I won't care if they kill off main characters and bring in new faces. The druggie I bet will relapse from time to time/get others in trouble IMO

DallasDomination

Reaction score

Technically a few tanks and heavy armored vehicles would destroy any zombie hord. These shows make our military and tactical use of weapons look bad for dramatic effect :)

But yes... A good armored army would work.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The trouble with relying on anything motorized is that fuel and parts will become an issue, not too mention the folks needed to keep those vehicles running will start to become in short supply. A number of soldiers are simply going to skedaddle.

On top of that you have grid issues and the inability to use gas/diesel fuel pumps. Sure you have generators out there too, but eventually the fuel supply will dry up and all these armored vehicles go through fuel like nobodies business.

Also you have to consider there are 900 miles of roads just in the city of Los Angeles. One would need a lot of vehicles in order to do any sort of "Hey lets run over the zombies" thing.

And finally the noise itself would be a magnet for even more zombies to converge on the area.

Remember the movie "Zulu" with the "moving wall" of British soldiers, one rank firing and the next moving through the first rank, firing and the next rank moving through?

Tactics like that would be most effective. They wouldn't need anything more powerful than a .22 Larger munitions is a waste.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The trouble with relying on anything motorized is that fuel and parts will become an issue, not too mention the folks needed to keep those vehicles running will start to become in short supply. A number of soldiers are simply going to skedaddle.

On top of that you have grid issues and the inability to use gas/diesel fuel pumps. Sure you have generators out there too, but eventually the fuel supply will dry up and all these armored vehicles go through fuel like nobodies business.

Also you have to consider there are 900 miles of roads just in the city of Los Angeles. One would need a lot of vehicles in order to do any sort of "Hey lets run over the zombies" thing.

And finally the noise itself would be a magnet for even more zombies to converge on the area.

Remember the movie "Zulu" with the "moving wall" of British soldiers, one rank firing and the next moving through the first rank, firing and the next rank moving through?

Tactics like that would be most effective. They wouldn't need anything more powerful than a .22 Larger munitions is a waste.

I think something like an M1 gets like 5 gallons to the mile. Tracked vehicles would perform the best but I think if you go over enough organic material you will start to have issues with suspension parts.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think something like an M1 gets like 5 gallons to the mile. Tracked vehicles would perform the best but I think if you go over enough organic material you will start to have issues with suspension parts.

Yep. That would make sense.

You would probably need at least an armoured brigade to clear the streets of LA, but try to get something like that together in that short a period of time when the entire country is falling apart.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I consider it in chunks, just to be able to enjoy and appreciate how the different seasons played out.

I'd watch season 1 in its entirety.

For the following seasons, I'd split them in two and watch the two halves at separate times just to savor what occurred over the that half of the season.

The trouble with binge-watching is that you lose the power of the single episode and being able to ponder that one episode for any length of time. For example the first episode of season 1 is as good as any zombie movie I've seen. And to just roll into episode #2 without taking time to appreciate how good the first episode was is sort of robbing yourself of how good some of the individual episodes were.

Hot damn I'm addicted to TWD, been binge watching for the last week and its fantastic, the possibilities are endless with this concept, I hope it lasts for years with many spinoffs.

Stryker44

Reaction score
If the walkers can't reproduce without biting a living person - shouldn't they be able to be herded and killed in mass by the living?

You'd think eventually the walkers would die out since presumably everyone still alive is immune from the virus that causes it.

Anybody else have trouble rectifying that?