Fear the Walking Dead

Stryker44

Reaction score
What was the ship supposed to be?

And again, what's the deal with making men seem like pansies in this show?

jrumann59

Reaction score
That yacht was abagail. I guess if it gets picked up for season 2 we will find out. the whole ride out the zombie on a boat sounds like good plan, that boat is too small and relies on fuel for movement. If I had to make pick on a boat one fo those large sail boats, if I had to go mechanical smaller cruise ship.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I thought the "Fear" finale was decent. The action was good. The story-telling haphazard and unbelievable even for a zombie-show.

And I still have no connection to any of the characters. Never had that problem with the characters of "TWD".

Did you mean even or "uneven"?

It was a uneven to me.

That yacht was abagail. I guess if it gets picked up for season 2 we will find out. the whole ride out the zombie on a boat sounds like good plan, that boat is too small and relies on fuel for movement. If I had to make pick on a boat one fo those large sail boats, if I had to go gmechanical smaller cruise ship.

They say it was picked up for second season a little while back? I think before episode 5...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the boy was at the door and they were trying to get the door open to save him...part of me was hoping they did not get the door open and the boy was killed. But it looks like he is going to be a main character now instead of just a druggie.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you mean even or "uneven"?

It was a uneven to me.

LOL!

I should have had a comma in there...

What I was trying to say is that I thought, yeah it's a zombie-show and of course it's not going to be realistic, but I think they made an unrealistic scenario even more unrealistic.

I still think the pacing that they set, from initial outbreaks to the "Let's all get the hell out of here" in the last episode was way too fast. Civilization crumbled way too quickly along with the military going rogue and deciding to liquidate everyone IMO.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the boy was at the door and they were trying to get the door open to save him...part of me was hoping they did not get the door open and the boy was killed. But it looks like he is going to be a main character now instead of just a druggie.

Yeah, he's the show's "heart-throb" from reading some comments on another forum.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, he's the show's "heart-throb" from reading some comments on another forum.

Did not realize it but I guess he is the son of the guy who played Stannis Baretheon(sp?) from Game of Thrones

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The way they have the kid made up he reminds me of Johnny Depp as Edward Scissorhands.

Yes...he has that look about him.

He played Tom Riddle in one of the harry potter films...

harry_potter_hbp49.jpg

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
The last episode was WD worthy.

Agreed. I was about done with it, but my daughter and I both thought that was a terrific episode...

I'll give it another shot when it picks back up...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll watch the show as it starts up again next season...

But the characters are crap.

After the first episode of "The Walking Dead" I liked the Rick-character and the Morgan-character.

After the second/third episodes I liked the Dale character and was intrigued by the Daryl and Shane-characters.

I'm not really interested in any of the "Fear" characters.

I think that's the difference between having Frank Darabont involved and not having him involved.

I don't think Kirkman & co. have much of a clue when it comes to character development. In the graphic novel, character development is basically...

(Rick) "I suck"

Next panel

(Rick) Thunk-sound "Walkers kill easy"

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Well, that whole season pooped the bed. I was openly rooting for the walkers during the entire last episode so they could get rid of the entire cast and start over.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I've never watched The Walking Dead, should I fire up a binge watch on Netflix?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I consider it in chunks, just to be able to enjoy and appreciate how the different seasons played out.

I'd watch season 1 in its entirety.

For the following seasons, I'd split them in two and watch the two halves at separate times just to savor what occurred over the that half of the season.

The trouble with binge-watching is that you lose the power of the single episode and being able to ponder that one episode for any length of time. For example the first episode of season 1 is as good as any zombie movie I've seen. And to just roll into episode #2 without taking time to appreciate how good the first episode was is sort of robbing yourself of how good some of the individual episodes were.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

I binged season one. While fear of the walking dead aired for month and a half.

Picked episodes from seasons 2-4. (Based on interests from season one episodes)

Going to binge season 5 to get ready for season 6 start.