Feels like our legacy is dwindling

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Reaction score
You would think at some point, with the money he has and the valuation of the Cowboys versus what it was when he bought it, that he would go all in at least one time just to see what would happen.
You're right, and the fact that he doesn't is further proof that winning it all isn't near as important as he claims.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wait, wut? You dont remeber that last SB win when you were three?

Nope. I didn't get into this sport until 2000. And I am a very unusual Cowboys fan. I had absolutely no reason to choose this team when I did. I grew up in the Houston area (now living in Cleveland OH) to a family of Eagles fans. The only reasons that I remember choosing this team was because 1. There wasn't really a local team at the time and 2. Emmitt Smith. I had absolutely no reason to latch onto the Cowboys, but I did and have stayed loyal.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The 90's were nice but the Cowboy legacy was the 1970's. For 10 years we were a team that any year we were not playing in the superbowl was considered a poor season. 5 superbowl appearances in 10 years. The Cowboys were expected to be the best in the NFL during that time, not just there to put on a good show like today. Jerry Jones took this franchise from a winning football team to a circus side show.

Yeah....and he's left us fans to take the brunt of the abuse from other fans.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Oh bro our legacy is not dwindling, it has been redfined as the legacy of "mediocrity", and we are damn good at it which makes JJ and Jr very happy and wealthy

RS12

Reaction score
Nope. I didn't get into this sport until 2000. And I am a very unusual Cowboys fan. I had absolutely no reason to choose this team when I did. I grew up in the Houston area (now living in Cleveland OH) to a family of Eagles fans. The only reasons that I remember choosing this team was because 1. There wasn't really a local team at the time and 2. Emmitt Smith. I had absolutely no reason to latch onto the Cowboys, but I did and have stayed loyal.
Most people dont remember much from three years old. My point being that is how old you were when they last won a championship. Now you are 31 year old adult. I have kids that werent born yet and are now well into grad school. Mind boggling really, and I hope that answers your question.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Most people dont remember much from three years old. My point being that is how old you were when they last won a championship. Now you are 31 year old adult. I have kids that werent born yet and are now well into grad school. Mind boggling really, and I hope that answers your question.

It does lol. And yeah, that just goes to show what's happened. Honestly, if I ever met Jerry and told him my story, I would hope he'd be disgusted with the fact that I had absolutely no reason to join, and I've stayed as loyal to his team with no reward.

RS12

Reaction score
It does lol. And yeah, that just goes to show what's happened. Honestly, if I ever met Jerry and told him my story, I would hope he'd be disgusted with the fact that I had absolutely no reason to join, and I've stayed as loyal to his team with no reward.
Nah. He would ask if you had visited the pro shop recently.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't disagree, the legacy of the franchise definitely takes a hit when you can't replicate earlier success. However, they've remained relevant enough to maintain its position as the most valuable sports franchise. At some point that will shift, if they don't change the trajectory soon.

nobody

Reaction score
He would thank you for your support, pay lip service, then go back to the same old same old, secure that you're a loyal fan and he can do what he wants.

I'm not sure if anyone ever told you this piece of advice, but it's some you should live by:

If you want to know what a person truly feels and believes, who they really are, ignore what they say. Never listen to what they say. Watch what they do instead. Their actions will show you who they are.

Jerry has shown us what he is. And it's not someone who cares about the fans or cares overly much about winning it all.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He would thank you for your support, pay lip service, then go back to the same old same old, secure that you're a loyal fan and he can do what he wants.

I'm not sure if anyone ever told you this piece of advice, but it's some you should live by:

If you want to know what a person truly feels and believes, who they really are, ignore what they say. Never listen to what they say. Watch what they do instead. Their actions will show you who they are.

Jerry has shown us what he is. And it's not someone who cares about the fans or cares overly much about winning it all.

I'm aware of that. He shows that he doesn't care, and it seems quite clear. He really doesn't deserve me as a fan, but hey, I'm a loyal horse, so there's that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't disagree, the legacy of the franchise definitely takes a hit when you can't replicate earlier success. However, they've remained relevant enough to maintain its position as the most valuable sports franchise. At some point that will shift, if they don't change the trajectory soon.

Well, yes. I would imagine there are not many years of Cowboys fans behind me, and it'll take a whole generation for them to get fans back to our side (if they start winning). My guess is that we will be overpassed by the likes of Chiefs and 49ers fans in terms of fanbase in the next 5-10 years. And then what? Once they see that we're no where near the top of the fanbases, what will they do? They'll have two choices, change or fold?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of fans get even more depressed about the state of the Cowboys after the conference title games, especially when either Philly or SF advances to the SB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A lot of fans get even more depressed about the state of the Cowboys after the conference title games, especially when either Philly or SF advances to the SB.

And this year, I'm not sure that the Chiefs can save us. Nor am I sure it's best for our team long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.