Feels like our legacy is dwindling

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCarthyMustGo

Reaction score
I know I'm 31, so I probably don't know as much about the Cowboys legacy as many of you. I was around for the Cowboys SBs in the 90s, but I was too little for the sport at the time. That said, this has been a rough season for me as a Cowboys fan. I'm always going to be a Cowboys fan, and it pains me to say what I'm going to say.

It feels like our legacy is dwindling. You might be asking what legacy I'm referring to. It's the legacy that we were a franchise that could match talking points with the 49ers and Steelers. The Steelers passed us years ago, and that was a blow to our legacy over them. Now, the 49ers are threatening again (lost their two previous attempts) to pass us. Meanwhile, Kansas City, should they win, will be at 4 and beginning to threaten our 5. I think I'm forced to (and will) pull for Kansas City to try to protect our 5 and being level with SFO, but I'm really hoping the 49ers don't have 3rd time's the charm to pass us. It feels like it'd shred what's left of the Cowboys legacy if they do the unthinkable this year. Maybe I'm off base, but it's just how I feel about this matchup. I don't know if any of you feel a similar sentiment to me.

Plus, I'm not sure how Jerry would respond. He didn't do much when Pittsburgh passed us. Will he respond if SFO does? He hasn't done much with how they've beaten us in our 3 previous encounters. I sense that them winning would probably hurt Jimmy a lot because it feels like it'd undo a bit of what he built in the early 90s. Will it hurt Jerry the same?

I suppose, and this is just me feeling my sentiments that I feel like sharing here on this forum, maybe it can cause some last bit of healing between Jerry and Jimmy? If SFO does the unthinkable, could it cause Jerry to turn to Jimmy for advice? Can Jimmy become somewhat of a GM? He seems to like McCarthy. Maybe Jimmy can be a helping hand for Jerry? Will Jerry respond at all if SFO does the unthinkable? All I know, from the time I realised that the Cowboys were likely playing the Packers in the playoffs, this has become one of the most painful seasons as a Cowboys fan for me. The 49ers winning this SB would hurt a lot to me. I have absolute disdain for them because of our rivalry with them. I just wish that Jerry had that same disdain.

What do you all think of the current developments? Do any of you feel a similar sentiment? Does our legacy matter to Jerry at all? Sure, he wins in Forbes. But this should be a matter of pride in what he's built. He probably doesn't have long to live. Is he now going to watch the very team he tried to beat after the 80s ruin what's left of his legacy? Could this force a change?
Watching Staubach and Larry Bird as a kid was about as good as it gets. Was drunk for the 90's run. For me the playoff loss to the Eagles and the catch were the worst games ever. I loved Everson Walls. Even Loved Danny White.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Watching Staubach and Larry Bird as a kid was about as good as it gets. Was drunk for the 90's run. For me the playoff loss to the Eagles and the catch were the worst games ever. I loved Everson Walls. Even Loved Danny White.

For me, I don't really have a lot of success that I can reference since becoming a fan. I'd say the Packers loss this year may be one of my most painful losses. Just seeing that the team came out flat as though they didn't care and thinking that this could've been the year. It should have been. But this organisation doesn't care.

plymkr

Reaction score
I just tried to post a video that has Jerry being interviewed and he's saying he's "winning" as long as people are talking about him. That is why our legacy is dwindling. Frustrating.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I just tried to post a video that has Jerry being interviewed and he's saying he's "winning" as long as people are talking about him. That is why our legacy is dwindling. Frustrating.

Well, hope it's working well for him, because this fan base is going to dwindle if that's his and his family's idea of a legacy.

plymkr

Reaction score
Well, hope it's working well for him, because this fan base is going to dwindle if that's his and his family's idea of a legacy.
Exactly. Jerry Jones’ will go down in history as the man who destroyed the Dallas Cowboys legacy with his ego. A once proud franchise has been dwindled to a joke doing things “Jerry’s way”.

Jerry turned America’s team into America’s joke.

offlimits

Reaction score
I know I'm 31, so I probably don't know as much about the Cowboys legacy as many of you. I was around for the Cowboys SBs in the 90s, but I was too little for the sport at the time. That said, this has been a rough season for me as a Cowboys fan. I'm always going to be a Cowboys fan, and it pains me to say what I'm going to say.

It feels like our legacy is dwindling. You might be asking what legacy I'm referring to. It's the legacy that we were a franchise that could match talking points with the 49ers and Steelers. The Steelers passed us years ago, and that was a blow to our legacy over them. Now, the 49ers are threatening again (lost their two previous attempts) to pass us. Meanwhile, Kansas City, should they win, will be at 4 and beginning to threaten our 5. I think I'm forced to (and will) pull for Kansas City to try to protect our 5 and being level with SFO, but I'm really hoping the 49ers don't have 3rd time's the charm to pass us. It feels like it'd shred what's left of the Cowboys legacy if they do the unthinkable this year. Maybe I'm off base, but it's just how I feel about this matchup. I don't know if any of you feel a similar sentiment to me.

Plus, I'm not sure how Jerry would respond. He didn't do much when Pittsburgh passed us. Will he respond if SFO does? He hasn't done much with how they've beaten us in our 3 previous encounters. I sense that them winning would probably hurt Jimmy a lot because it feels like it'd undo a bit of what he built in the early 90s. Will it hurt Jerry the same?

I suppose, and this is just me feeling my sentiments that I feel like sharing here on this forum, maybe it can cause some last bit of healing between Jerry and Jimmy? If SFO does the unthinkable, could it cause Jerry to turn to Jimmy for advice? Can Jimmy become somewhat of a GM? He seems to like McCarthy. Maybe Jimmy can be a helping hand for Jerry? Will Jerry respond at all if SFO does the unthinkable? All I know, from the time I realised that the Cowboys were likely playing the Packers in the playoffs, this has become one of the most painful seasons as a Cowboys fan for me. The 49ers winning this SB would hurt a lot to me. I have absolute disdain for them because of our rivalry with them. I just wish that Jerry had that same disdain.

What do you all think of the current developments? Do any of you feel a similar sentiment? Does our legacy matter to Jerry at all? Sure, he wins in Forbes. But this should be a matter of pride in what he's built. He probably doesn't have long to live. Is he now going to watch the very team he tried to beat after the 80s ruin what's left of his legacy? Could this force a change?
Their legacy is dwindling? LMAO. Their legacy is dead and buried. As I stated in an earlier thread... the wins and losses and lack of trophies do not affect the commercial side of Dallas Cowboys Inc. My gosh, sponsors will continue to pay up to be aligned with this club. Kohler should become the "official toilet" of the Dallas Cowboys.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
The legacy is/has definitely dwindling and the star doesn’t burn as bright anymore… but Jerry will be 6 feet under long before the Cowboys become almost irrelevant, and because of that, he’ll be happy for things to continue as they are.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly. Jerry Jones’ will go down in history as the man who destroyed the Dallas Cowboys legacy with his ego. A once proud franchise has been dwindled to a joke doing things “Jerry’s way”.

Jerry turned America’s team into America’s joke.

Exactly

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Their legacy is dwindling? LMAO. Their legacy is dead and buried. As I stated in an earlier thread... the wins and losses and lack of trophies do not affect the commercial side of Dallas Cowboys Inc. My gosh, sponsors will continue to pay up to be aligned with this club. Kohler should become the "official toilet" of the Dallas Cowboys.

Well, these last 28 years belong in a Kohler lol.

doomsday9084

Reaction score

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This owner and GM of ours has turned this once proud franchise into the laughingstock of the NFL.
Millions of Cowboy haters for the last 29 years are having the time of their lives seeing how we eventually soil the bed every season.
It's a Circus man run by a used car salesman pretending to be a football guy.
May the winds of fate have mercy on us.............. :facepalm:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This owner and GM of ours has turned this once proud franchise into the laughingstock of the NFL.
Millions of Cowboy haters for the last 29 years are having the time of their lives seeing how we eventually soil the bed every season.
It's a Circus man run by a used car salesman pretending to be a football guy.
May the winds of fate have mercy on us.............. :facepalm:

Seems to be the case of late

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The Cowboys legacy at this point is they get a lot of attention during the season and then choke when it matters.

That is the sentiment of most non-Cowboys fans and sports media commentators as well as many Cowboys fans.

The only people who still view the Cowboys as Champions are the people who grew up last century.

That's all we Cowboys fans have until the Cowboys find a way to win when it matters.
The Cowboys are a media brand. The NFL may not be fake, but the Cowboys are fake.

I don't even believe Jerry wants to win the SB anymore.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
When Dallas won Super Bowl XXX, they became the premier franchise in league history. Tied the 9ers and Steelers for SB wins and led the league in SB appearances.

Since then, the Steelers, 9ers and Patriots have all passed us. I’d argue teams like the Chiefs, Packers and Giants are easily on par with us despite fewer championships. If you only count the 21st century, the Cowboys are a bottom 5 team in terms of legacy achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.