Ferguson is already Schultz at his best as a pass catcher

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Ferguson's on a 65-705-7, 10.8 yards per catch pace in his 2nd year in the league and 1st as the starter.

The best year Schultz had in Dallas was his 4th year in the league and 2nd as the starter in 2021 when he put up 78-808-8, 10.4 yards per catch. The other years would fall short of what Ferguson is on pace for this year.

We're basically getting the same production already out of the TE position in a seamless transition from the veteran Schultz to the 1st year starter Ferguson.
I distinctly remember starting a thread about Ferguson at the beginning of the season and you scoffing...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I distinctly remember starting a thread about Ferguson at the beginning of the season and you scoffing...
The only thing you remember is me wanting a field stretching TE as the starter.

It's December 3rd 2023 and I still want a field stretching TE to start.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a reason I drafted Ferguson in every one of my fantasy leagues. There is a reason I thought Schoonmaker was an absolute wasted draft pick. His name is Ferguson who I think we have absolutely hit the jackpot with. Our front office seems to do a decent job afterall.
He's on mine day one.

conner01

Reaction score
Ferguson's on a 65-705-7, 10.8 yards per catch pace in his 2nd year in the league and 1st as the starter.

The best year Schultz had in Dallas was his 4th year in the league and 2nd as the starter in 2021 when he put up 78-808-8, 10.4 yards per catch. The other years would fall short of what Ferguson is on pace for this year.

We're basically getting the same production already out of the TE position in a seamless transition from the veteran Schultz to the 1st year starter Ferguson.
That’s the key to managing the cap and likely a factor in drafting schoon. Always have options so you don’t have to tag a guy like we did Schultz. Ferg is a better blocker too

conner01

Reaction score
But wouldn’t it be more fun to pay franchise tag money for the same production?
It was the right move to tag Schultz. One year expense to know you are covered. That’s why schoon was drafted too. That gives you options when Ferg is up for FA

conner01

Reaction score
He's been great- a complete draft steal. I like his overall humility, but Ferguson brings a lot of attitude when challenged and won't be bullied.

I've said this team needs to go full heel to get over the hump. Just play ball and give no respect when none is offered. Ferguson gets it.

Kid's terrific.
He plays more athletic than I expected. He’s not fast but he plays faster than his 40 time and he plays physical