Ferguson was really good

stiletto

Reaction score
He’s moving further ahead of Luke Schoonmaker who continues to disappoint, He had an opportunity to make a great catch in the endzone but couldn’t hang onto it.
I was wishing for Torrence with the #2 pick on draft day. Hoping I was wrong but Schoonmaker looks like an old guy playing a rookie already. He doesn't look young does he??

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Which makes that draft pick even more infuriating. And it's not hindsight. That was a dumb pick the night it happened. To reach that high for a TE and that one in particular. A guy that doesn't move the needle at all and has injury history. You could find a talent like his in the final day of the draft if you wanted.
I didn’t like the pick when it happened and said so repeatedly on draft day. Hardly any of the fans liked it, and even some covering the draft weren’t thrilled about it. He was a reach and has been a waste of a second round pick so far.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not a big Ferguson but he is coming along well this season. The kid is coming along.

stiletto

Reaction score
He’s a 25 year old rookie. Another reason it was a bad
Yeah, didn't love the pick. I mean he could surprise us still but I'm not going to count on it. Cowboys and #2 picks are bad juju

Kwyn

Reaction score
He was good. I’m happy to own up to my doubt.

Even in the pregame thread I was calling our tight end group weak with no one differentiating themselves from a bunch of JAGs.

I’ll be rooting for Ferguson 100%. We need someone to step up and take ownership of the position.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Awwww, cute attempt at trying to sound unbothered.
I know you hear this alot in life but, you're not very good at this. You claim I'm a schoon fan to justify your constant slurping of Ferguson is hilarious. Then you call me emotional because I typed two words. Projection :laugh:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I know you hear this alot in life but, you're not very good at this. You claim I'm a schoon fan to justify your constant slurping of Ferguson is hilarious. Then you call me emotional because I typed two words. Projection :laugh:
Oh? More posturing about how unbothered you are and explaining yourself to me. Looool, you're a toy.

:lmao:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
No drops, ran routes hard, great YAC today, and blocked well in running game. If he can play like he did tonight it’s a huge weapon for us. He broke some tackles today. That’s what we need out of that position.
Made some tough catches and he has a little wiggle. He can often break the first tackle attempt.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Although I thought it would an impossible get, I really think we need to call the Falcons about Pitts. They look awful with a QB who isn't reay to be a QB, and can only rely upon the run for yardage. The more that weeks go by and Pitts is rendered useless, the more I think he becomes expendable

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we had drafted Michael Mayer it would be the same thing.

Haven’t been impressed with Schoonmaker.

Sinister

Reaction score
If we had drafted Michael Mayer it would be the same thing.

Haven’t been impressed with Schoonmaker.
It's just too soon to evaluate most rookies sometimes you can tell after a pre-season, but most of the time it takes a season or two. Most rookies need time to develop and get used to the speed of the game. It's only game 4.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The obsession with picks playing up to whatever expectations fans set is irrelevant.
How does Ferguson having a good game become an indictment of McClay and the scouting department

We draft *extremely* well. Should every pick become all pro?

I don’t care as long as someone steps up.