Ferguson was really good

Motorola

Reaction score
I mean they don't use him, I don't see why they'd be opposed to trading him.

That said, I don't think they'd let him go for a price that Dallas - or really anyone else - would want to pay.
Yesterday's game was only the eighth start for their 2nd year QB Ridder. Pitts went on IR before then-rookie Ridder made his first four starts to end the 2022 season. Their OLine (despite having two longtime players) is substandard. The Falcons are trying to put it together; and in a division where all three rivals also have a number of shortcomings, Atlanta could still be in play to win the NFC South.

It take the Cowboys 1st and 3rd rounder in 2024, or that 1st and a Dline player like Dorance Armstrong, for the Falcons to even give it a thought.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yesterday's game was only the eighth start for their 2nd year QB Ridder. Pitts went on IR before then-rookie Ridder made his first four starts to end the 2022 season. Their OLine (despite having two longtime players) is substandard. The Falcons are trying to put it together; and in a division where all three rivals also have a number of shortcomings, Atlanta could still be in play to win the NFC South.

It take the Cowboys 1st and 3rd rounder in 2024, or that 1st and a Dline player like Dorance Armstrong, for the Falcons to even give it a thought.
Ridder sucks I don't care if he's played 5 games or 50.

That level of capital is why he won't be traded

EJK24

Reaction score
This is a fan forum. For fans to chat and state their opinions.

And my opinion is I'd never let a loser front office of nearly 3 decades think for me.
Thank you for your opinion. It means alot.

Proof

Reaction score
If we had drafted Michael Mayer it would be the same thing.

Haven’t been impressed with Schoonmaker.
wouldn't mind seeing darnell washington here still, even after the pre-season hype has fizzled. w/ ferg emerging, and our biggest issues being OL and redzone scoring, seems like he'd have been a pretty nice complement.

Proof

Reaction score
Pitts is not expendable to the Falcons - he was the first player for the rebuild on offense under then new GM Terrry Fontenot and HC Arthur Smith. They've since added WR London, RBs Allgeier and Robinson.
He's staying put in Atlanta.
nothing you said seems to reinforce the point. he likely is not expendable, but them drafting him first and then not using him effectively doesn't seem to correlate. they've had no problem handing the reins to bijan, while jonnu smith is the most productive TE. just baffling stuff

Nexx

Reaction score
I was ok with the Schoonmaker pick assuming he would continue to develop but so far he is showing them nothing as a 2nd round pick. Sure, the blocking is fine but let's be honest, a 7th round or undrafted FA could pretty much do the same thing right now. On all of his targets so far, they've been basic plays that any TE could execute.

With Hendershot out, he couldn't even get a single catch today. He is going to need a big offseason and preseason like Tolbert...otherwise, his future could be in doubt IF John Stephens Jr. returns from his injury and looks as good as he did.
I had a huge problem with the Schoonmaker pick. I was confident Jake was our TE1. I would have much rather taken a starting caliber OLINE

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
How was my last post an explanation? Lol you just type just to type. Claiming I'm a schoon fan then deflecting. Sheesh
“Buh, buh, I’m not even a Schoon fan…”

It’s okay boy. You instinctively know natural order and feel like you need to explain yourself.

Motorola

Reaction score
nothing you said seems to reinforce the point. he likely is not expendable, but them drafting him first and then not using him effectively doesn't seem to correlate. they've had no problem handing the reins to bijan, while jonnu smith is the most productive TE. just baffling stuff
Falcons QB has 8 starts.
The offense is still figuring things out.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
“Buh, buh, I’m not even a Schoon fan…”

It’s okay boy. You instinctively know natural order and feel like you need to explain yourself.
So you constantly bring up schoon and I expose your lie and you turn it into an explanation. Lulz again, you're not good at this

CWR

Reaction score
He's adequate. Like Shultz was. We are an offense that features TEs heavily so his volume is there in terms of targets. Athletically nothing special about any of our TEs. He's Cameron Brate, Hunter Hurst, Joe Johnson, Garrett Everett level of talent. There are guys like Njoku who would be lighting up the stat sheet if they were a focal point of the offense.

Actually Schoon does have some pretty nice tools. Of course having them and using them are two different things.

Proof

Reaction score
Falcons QB has 8 starts.
The offense is still figuring things out.
problems came before him and exist with him. maybe he'll begin to turn to pitts, but it should be pitch and catch honestly.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Ferguson will be Schultz level, and a favorite Dak target, by end of the year.

I think the Schoon pick was more about depth and great if he ends up even better. Not sure they trust Hendershot.

If the team wants an elite playmaker TE, my advice is see if the kid from Georgia can drop to us in next year’s draft.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like the toughness, the grit, the make ya miss, and the + blocking at the TE position from Ferg. The way his game is trending Ferg will be considered another mid round steal for Dallas.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
safety-blanket.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So you constantly bring up schoon and I expose your lie and you turn it into an explanation. Lulz again, you're not good at this
You haven’t exposed anything, but definitely have done a lot of explaining to me, which you should.

#naturalorder

Scotman

Reaction score
LOL Y'all pick at each other a lot.

I really liked Ferguson last game. I liked him last year and was perfectly OK with him taking Schultz' spot. I didn't care for the Schoon pick then, or now. BUT, Risen's right that our current starting tight end doesn't stretch the field much. He's good, but not great at this point.

I am fully aware you can't have an all pro at every position. BUT I CAN STILL WANT AN ALL PRO AT EVERY POSITION. That doesn't cost anything extra and it doesn't mean I don't like the guy that's there.

Until we win in the post season again, I have to read every single post that says, "we should have done this", or "we should have done that," and admit that there's at least a chance they are right. We haven't won in almost 30 years. The only person that I know for a fact hasn't been right this whole time is Jerry.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He’s moving further ahead of Luke Schoonmaker who continues to disappoint, He had an opportunity to make a great catch in the endzone but couldn’t hang onto it.
He's a rookie how about it's not a disappointment because expectations for a rookie is that he's gonna have to adapt to the NFL adapt to the offense and work his way in and have to try to get ahead of a guy who's already got a step on him and it's not fair to be comparing them at all.. I remember when guys were down on Dalton Schultz for this same thing and he ended up getting better every season until he became our starter and this is gonna happen with schoonmaker he will have the light turn on and I bet he's better this year than tolbert was last year but tolbert's making strides this year you need anymore examples of why we need to calm down I mean I always bring up Randy white cause it's fun fact that I learned recently that he spent two years playing mostly special teams and didn't really have a position on the team because the team was deep there were better players in front of them and they weren't sure what he was then all of a sudden his third year he got a position became the manster but it did not happen overnight..

JEEZ! Sometimes it literally shocks me and it shouldn't that fans are so ridiculous with their expectations as if guys should come from college and instantly be good that doesn't happen that's only in special cases and some of those are total surprises people were saying Tyler Smith was supposed to be a project I mean but people being down on this draft already with mazi and schoonmaker need to get a grip get a light and lower the expectations because in the end we'll be judging these players three years into their career not right now...

Let's give the guy a chance and I also remember there's a couple other guys Doug free was hated on constantly turned out when he left we had a swinging door at right tackle because we couldn't replace him quick enough same thing with Terrence Steele people were down on this dude like his first year just like some of the other offensive lineman right now because people don't learn their lessons maybe give these guys a chance to learn the NFL game be coached up change their body in the weight room they'll figure it out if they don't we can talk got it in three years...

Some of you really need to get a grip,

seriously,

I don't understand why you think what you're seeing is a finished product and that's what their future is.... And I know this is the worst of my examples but I mean guys like Gino Smith were supposed to be a boss and now look what he's doing with Seattle now it took him a really long time but I'm just saying give these guys a chance before you start saying how disappointed you are I feel bad if you had kids I mean if this is the way you treated them in their first t-ball games and their first soccer games I mean literally would be a terrible situation to be in with some of you fans as parents or coaches or trying to mold young men's minds as if they're supposed to instantly be good or throw them in the trash..