CFZ Fess Up: What were you right and wrong about with the 2022 season

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith also led the nation in holding while in college. Coaches aren't always the issue. They're professionals, not kids learning the game. They've played long enough to develop bad habits that aren't easily shaken off, especially in the heat of the moment.

If the coaches were the cause, you'd see it across the board. Terence Steele had 1 holding penalty last year. Biadasz had 2. Martin has had 1 holding penalty since Philbin arrived 3 years ago. Tyron has only had 5 over those 3 years.

I'm not excusing Philbin because he was fired for a reason, but you can't blame him for something the player brought with him from college.
Big difference between RT and LT though right

zeke21

Reaction score
Wrong:
- Washington would contribute something
- LVE would not get back to his best/contribute much
- Diggs would improve his coverage whilst be a ball hawk
- We'd make Championship game
- Giants and Washington would both be woeful
- We wouldn't miss Gregory
- Moore would improve as a play caller
- Parsons would win DPOY

Right:
- Dak would have pretty stats but ultimately suck
- We would misuse our running game
- Tyler Smith would start and perform from Day 1
- The overall defence is now 'competent/above average' and much improved
- We have a squad capable of a deep playoff run
- CeeDee is good enough to be WR1
- We would miss Cooper a LOT a lot
- Gallup wouldn't be able to repeat his success
- Our front office is one of the worst in the league
- One of Moore and/or MM would be fired due to Dak

All up.. this off season feels pretty familiar.. probably to all of us. We looked good in parts.. had a couple of wins and a couple of losses with regards to players.. still divided over our QB.. no success but still feel we are closer enough to have a crack next season. Its all a bit rinse and repeat at this stage.

GREAT thread too. Perhaps before the start of next season we should have a 'predict 5 things' thread and then be able to stand by it at the end of the season.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Was right on target and will be again We will win at least one more playoff game this season maybe even the SB But I'm not going to poop my britches if we do not And I do not give a crap about salary cap
You were right about bacon being good and you being gassey.

rambo2

Reaction score
Wrong:

I said we'd go 8-9.
I thought the Giants would be last in the division.
I didn't think CeeDee would put up the numbers he did.
I thought the defense would regress a lot.
I thought Maher would suck.

Right:

I said Zeke would not get 1,000 yards rushing.
I said Cooper would be missed.
I said a lot of people would turn on Diggs if he's not getting a crazy amount of INTS.
I said that Hurts would be the best QB in the division.
I said that Eagles would win division.
Oh, and of course, Dak will be Dak and his play would lead to the ending of our season.
Will you delete your account now?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I was wrong, thought they would take a step back with Amari and Gregory gone and didn't think the offensive line would play as well as it did most of the season.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
wrong about winning the division and I think I had them at 11 wins.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
That we would beat up on bad teams and lose to good teams and go nowhere in the playoffs again.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Let's see who wants to out themselves with three things they predicted that was right and wrong about the season.

Right:
1. Tyler Smith will be a stud in the making. Having played D1 college ball and coached junior college football, I'd like to think that I can see potential in players. I said from Day One that Tyler Smith will be the LT of the future and that the staff should just let him play the year at that position. We hit big time with this pick. I argued with a number of posters who thought he should be moved to RT or guard, or even sit and learn. Tyler is the real deal.

2. Either Dak or Moore would be gone at season's end. Well, bye bye Moore.

3. Connor Williams is a decent player misused by our coaching staff. While he's not a world beater, he proved he is more than just a JAG with his season in Miami.

Wrong:
1. NFCE order of finish. I picked Dallas--Philly--Commodes--NYG. I missed every part of the order.

2. Jalen Hurts will never be a good passer. As a very vocal member of the Jalen Hurts sucks brigade, I was dead wrong. No need to expand.

3. The overall quality of our defense might mask the DT weakness. Against bad teams it did sometimes; against good teams, we were exposed.
Nice to see a someone man up and admit they were wrong. Too many small men on here I expect this to be a small thread. There are so many things I was right about so I’ll wait till I’m at a legit computer to do my list. Several things I was wrong about also. I’ll list them all happily.

Sydla

Reaction score
I wasn’t sure they would win as many games as they did in 2021.

I was confident tbey’d wins playoff game or two but not make the NFCCG.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I thought the team was going to be a barely 500 team. Just due how poorly the offseason was handled. Team played above that but the poor offseason moves caught up to us in the playoffs

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Right:

-I felt pretty confident the Cowboys would head back to the playoffs.
-Losing Gregory would be no big deal and work out for the best.
-Ceedee would step up as the number 1.
-Turpin would have minimal offensive impact

Wrong:

-Though I hated the trade value I thought we would get by without Cooper and someone between Gallup, Washington, or Tolbert would step up.
-We could see a breakout year from Osa, Gallimore, or Bohanna. Osa earned his keep, while the rest were dissapointing.
-Offensive line would be a liability with lack of depth.