Few thoughts about Lance vs Dak

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Wins are also secondary to Dak haters who can't explain how the Cowboys are 61-36 in games he started and would rather use a five game sample size from Cooper Rush to hold up their agenda.
Cowboys fans don't care about participation trophies.

That's for Dak fans to brag about.

Flamma

Reaction score
Rush 19 points per game. Dak 31 points per game.

Similar results? Anyone who says that is a complete and total moron.

Why didnt anyone sign rush as a FA?

Duh, but he gets similar results to dak? LoL
I think their talking about similar results in wins and losses for the team. What I saw from Rush against the Eagles didn't inspire confidence. But the same could be said about Dak against the 49ers in the playoffs.

That said, I can't imagine the team we'd have to have to win a SB with Cooper Rush throwing the ball. You'd have to have a combination of the 2013 Seahawks defense and the greatest show on turf offense to even have a chance. But hey, Brock Purdy led the 49ers to the NFC championship game, so what the hell do I know?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wins are also secondary to Dak haters who can't explain how the Cowboys are 61-36 in games he started and would rather use a five game sample size from Cooper Rush to hold up their agenda.
Not now but in "a couple of years" if you are saying he can deliver "Dak-like" results then he is going to want fair market value for those results. You're not going to avoid paying Dak by paying Trey less.
Any top 10 qb is going to demand dak kind of money. This guy wants to wallow in mediocrity with crap qbs until we find the next mahomes. And then hope we have a championship supporting cast at the same time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think their talking about similar results in wins and losses for the team. What I saw from Rush against the Eagles didn't inspire confidence. But the same could be said about Dak against the 49ers in the playoffs.

That said, I can't imagine the team we'd have to have to win a SB with Cooper Rush throwing the ball. You'd have to have a combination of the 2013 Seahawks defense and the greatest show on turf offense to even have a chance. But hey, Brock Purdy led the 49ers to the NFC championship game, so what the hell do I know?
I know what he thinks hes talking about and its laughable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Purdy is better than rush.

Flamma

Reaction score
Purdy is better than rush.
Clearly. But unexpected from the last pick in the draft. For all I know he could turn out to be a very good QB. Tossing what I said into the porcelain throne along with my other offering.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Clearly. But unexpected from the last pick in the draft. For all I know he could turn out to be a very good QB. Tossing what I said into the porcelain throne along with my other offering.
He definitely looks much better because of his cast. If he was on indy he would look like garbage.

khiladi

Reaction score
Why are you going way back to 2017? Plus 2 TDs is more than 0 TDs.

Because Dak had a full season and 2 training camps as starters the year prior and had the best OL and RG in the league. Is that a good enough reason? How did Dak do when Zeke was suspended in 2017?

khiladi

Reaction score
Bro you went back to 2017 to make this example. That same 2017 Dak everyone disliked because he was Dink and Dak remember? Now everyone wants the bus driver Cooper Rush. This is why I can't get with y'all because the alternative you can't sell me on.

No it wasn’t, Linehan gave him the reigns, but he checked out of run plays against the Giants and he was awful against the Rams and Linehan had to take the reigns off him. So they had to go back to feeding Zeke the ball over 20 times a game. When Zeke was suspended, he was a complete cluster F and I like Rush, had a full season and 2 training camps as a starter, not a practice QB coming in to fill the starters shoes after the injury in TB and the Dakazoids were giving up on the season…

khiladi

Reaction score
Facts are not your strong point are they?

6 tds and 1 int in his 5 wins in his career and a QB Rating of about 95 in those wins.

And Moore was clearly playing a conservative game plan, taking into account the defense. Rush also threw close to 400 yards against the Vikings and found Amari Cooper 10 times the year prior when he had to play on the spot with a more aggressive game plan.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Cowboys fans don't care about participation trophies.

That's for Dak fans to brag about.
If Dak only "participates" in wins than doesn't that mean he only "participates" in the losses too? You can't have it both ways.

Don't say I am a Dak over Dallas fan. Because it is YOUR worst nightmare that the Cowboys win a Super Bowl with Dak. If I am wrong about Dak I don't care. Maybe Lance takes over next year. Whatever is best for the team is what I want, and right now Dak is their best chance to win.

The fact is you can't see that, or are simply so obsessed with being "right" about Dak in a forum full of people you will never meet that it's clouding your judgment. Dallas isn't making the playoffs with pop-arm Rush leading the offense to two touchdowns a game or with a raw Lance that doesn't even know the offense yet.

You want the Cowboys to stop losing in the playoffs? Then get rid of Dak. Then they won't be in any playoff games to begin with.

And I am done with this argument.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If Dak only "participates" in wins than doesn't that mean he only "participates" in the losses too? You can't have it both ways.

Don't say I am a Dak over Dallas fan. Because it is YOUR worst nightmare that the Cowboys win a Super Bowl with Dak. If I am wrong about Dak I don't care. Maybe Lance takes over next year. Whatever is best for the team is what I want, and right now Dak is their best chance to win.

The fact is you can't see that, or are simply so obsessed with being "right" about Dak in a forum full of people you will never meet that it's clouding your judgment. Dallas isn't making the playoffs with pop-arm Rush leading the offense to two touchdowns a game or with a raw Lance that doesn't even know the offense yet.

You want the Cowboys to stop losing in the playoffs? Then get rid of Dak. Then they won't be in any playoff games to begin with.

And I am done with this argument.
I've had 7 years to see that Dak isn't what's best for the team.

Don't get upset with me and others that don't need 8 years before we can tell weather a guy is the guy or not.

This "if Dak can't do it nobody can" mindset from Dak over Dallas fans is embarrassing.

It's good that you're done with this argument, because "If Dak can't do it nobody can" is the best you got then you have no argument.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some sincere advice….

In the incessant “Dak arguments”….for those on either side of the argument - if you’ve made your point over and over and over about what you think about Dak…pro Dak or con Dak…let it go. This constant bickering, arguing, insulting fellow fans is a complete beating. No one is going to be “converted”.

Let your fellow fans have their opinions. Sometimes there is dignity in just letting it go…

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Pro Football Hall of Famer Steve Young was apprehensive about the 49ers trading quarterback Trey Lance to the Dallas Cowboys.

"I have PTSD," the QB who played for the 49ers from 1987 to 1999 said, per Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. "I feel like we should never trade anything to Dallas again after the disastrous Charles Haley mistake. We traded away Super Bowls with that deal."

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti..._addresses_trey_lance_trade/s1_13132_39193910

Lance, who suffered a season-ending ankle injury in 2022, needed a change of scenery after he was demoted to QB3 in San Francisco. But Young implied he doesn't believe Dallas is the right destination for the 23-year-old.

"I'm a big fan of Trey," Young said. "It's not the first landing spot I would have thought of."

Despite Lance's upside, quarterback Dak Prescott holds a firm grip on the starting job after making two Pro Bowls and winning 61 games in seven seasons. If he suffered an injury, Dallas would likely turn to backup Cooper Rush, who went 4-1 as a starter last season.
"Despite Lance's upside, quarterback Dak Prescott holds a firm grip on the starting job after making two Pro Bowls and winning 61 games in seven seasons. If he suffered an injury, Dallas would likely turn to backup Cooper Rush, who went 4-1 as a starter last season."

This is precisely why it is the perfect place for Trey Lance. He needs more experience and time to develop.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Rush 19 points per game. Dak 31 points per game.

Similar results? Anyone who says that is a complete and total moron.

Why didnt anyone sign rush as a FA?

Duh, but he gets similar results to dak? LoL
Rush is the one that better watch out for Lance.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You were talking about the niners game compared to rush games. Pollard got hurt. Simple fact.

Rush is a backup like the rest of the league can tell.

You have never been great at qb evaluation. In suspect its because your qb challenged.
nice, but you were saying dak didn't have Pollard and Rush did. I just wondered if that meant that with one guy Rush is as good as dak? that's kind of what it sounded like, and I won't join in the insult game with you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
nice, but you were saying dak didn't have Pollard and Rush did. I just wondered if that meant that with one guy Rush is as good as dak? that's kind of what it sounded like, and I won't join in the insult game with you.
Than there #1 sf d? Cmon man