Film Breakdown

birdwells1

Reaction score
You gonna cry? Sorry, man, having a YouTube channel and all-22 doesn’t make you a scout or expert.

I’ve got game pass. Akoye is another Cowboys hack on YouTube

Still no disputing the video just trying to kill the messenger. Since you have game pass what do you think of Dak's performance? I'll wait.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Still no disputing the video just trying to kill the messenger. Since you have game pass what do you think of Dak's performance? I'll wait.
Not wasting time watching any of “akoyes” crap takes, especially when he's been biased in the past. If you like it, stick with, just don’t get upset about others not buying in.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I’ve got game pass. Akoye is another Cowboys hack on yo
not wasting time watching any of “akoyes” crap. If you like it, stick with, just don’t get upset about others not buying in.

So you're saying that you don't believe what your eyes saw, sounds like Dak in the pocket.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
There was more going on than just Prescott. If he played better we might have won. If Sean Lee could tackle we might have won. If the O line protected better we would have won, if there weren't so many penalties we would have won, if the WR's and TE's were better we would have won, if we make that FG we would have won....

Or, just blame Prescott. Because some fans can't accept the reality that it's a combined effort. Regardless of how bad Prescott was.

The defense gave up 16 points. Last year Dak was one of the worse QBs in the entire league at getting the ball out on time and some of that has clearly carried over to this season.

We can sugar coat things all we want but right now Dak is not playing at a high level or even close to it.

While I agree some of the "windows" he was talking about in this video were questionable, a lot them were not. Dak's ability to process things quickly, stand in there and deliver and accurate pass has to improve. As does the online blocking and the scheme. Trying to force the action with 2 TEs vs that defense was a mistake and they should of adjusted quicker but Dak still needs to execute.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Pretty in dept look at last weeks issues, if we can get some of this cleaned up the season may not be lost.

WOW!! Great great stuff. Dak has really **** the bed at this point. Poor kid needs reps and coaching. Seems completely lost. That film review paints a picture of a QB that is pressing and scared. He is waaaay too scared to screw up. And that half the field **** has to go. This kid needed all the reps he could get in preseason. I would just be telling the kid to let it fly. Whatever happens, so be it. Don't worry about throwing a pick. He obviously has a lot more maturing to do in reading and trusting.

Real bad news is that this is going to be a long long year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So far i have seen a few guys keep saying this guy is no expert or he "an idiot" etc, but i haven't seen any of those same guys try to dispute anything he has said...tells you all you need to know

I like his content and if you don't like his opinions you can easily ignore them and still enjoy the videos he puts together.

I don't agree with some of the things he says either but the content is solid.

cristglo

Reaction score
No because idiots like him don't take into account the circumstances happening in the pocket, how long it's taking the receivers to get open, were they open or not when Dak first looked at them before reading off his progression to another receiver, what was going on with the protection during that play and at whom was Dak looking at first since he's only got 1 pair of eyes, etc. It's obviously too hard for some people like Okoye to take everything into account other than to say, "Look, Hurns was open! Look, Beasley was open!" ...Etc, etc. Which tells me the dude probably never played football, especially QB. And if he did play football, he was either a bench warmer or the waterboy or worse.
No offense did you watch it?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I like his videos. The guy is working hard to put out his analysis. Agree or disagree you have to like the effort. That said what I don't like about the video is little to no talk about conditions, lack of true passing lanes, lack of tempo or rhythm on O, and the lack of time Dak had. I also think a lot of what plagued the team was that they did not play during the preseason. The decision to blow off game 3 of the PS is mind boggling. Everyone in the league uses that as the final dress rehearsal. Regulars play a half or even into the 3rd Q. Not in Dallas where veterans are given days off for no apparent reason. The rust really showed especially for the OL, Dak, and Sean Lee.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Again, trying to put words in my mouth. Are you Akoye? lol.

No I'm not but you have commented on the person that made the video but you haven't commented on the video (not audio) it self. I'm waiting to here your analysis of Daks performance, youve posted 5 times in this thread and 4 of them are criticizing Akoye but none criticizing Dak.

Little Jr

Reaction score
So what did your eyes tell you when you watched it? I'm honestly asking what did you think beyond the analysis?
Bad throws, Bad reads, bad routes, Bad blocking and most of all, bad passing scheme which I've been seeing for 11 years now .

We brought in speed guys who run good routes which is why I ASSUMED the passing scheme would change. You don't need speed guys and good route runners to run 5-10 yd curls and out routes. My fat, partially crippled *** can run a 5 yd curl. Lol

If the passing scheme doesn't change, we'll continue to struggle. All qbs have to be able to throw outside the numbers and down field. But not all qbs can run a offense that the passing game is built in that, Dak is one of them. Dak needs a WCO type of offense. We do very little to challenge the defence in the middle of the field.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Thinking back to his rookie year.
Dak's head was always scanning the entire field.

not he only looks at half.

DanA

Reaction score
I honestly thought the analysis was cherry picking and gave Scott Linehan credit that was a little underserved. No doubt Dak missed opportunities but I don't think the OC put him in plays that help him and that's what a good OC should be doing.

You have to play within the limitations of your QB. Dak is an elite ball handler, can run the ball but has limited ability as a pocket passer. What did Scott Linehan do to accentuate the positives and mask the negatives?
Did we see the option read?
How many times did we see a jet sweep?
Did we even use Tavon Austin behind the LOS other than the two failed plays?
Why was Zeke targeted so little?
What's the point of a fullback if you're not going to use him?

And strategically I think there left a lot to be desired. The DT's average 320lbs, why not try and exploit that, make them hustle to the outside and wear them down, then switch to a hurry-up offense keeping them on the field.

What did we do to combat Luke Kuechly? Not a lot of misdirection to send him the wrong way. Why not use a fullback to dig him out. Sure if we had a different QB then the game plan could have worked. But it failed to play to our strengths and it failed to account for Carolina's weaknesses.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
No I'm not but you have commented on the person that made the video but you haven't commented on the video (not audio) it self. I'm waiting to here your analysis of Daks performance, youve posted 5 times in this thread and 4 of them are criticizing Akoye but none criticizing Dak.
Read my initial post again and internalize it, big boy:
Oh..this is an akoye “analysis” video? Yeah, that’s gonna be a pass from me, dog..

I know you like to post Akoye vids, that's cool, but it's not my cup of tea. Why does my indifference to that particular "youtuber" get your panties in a bunch?

birdwells1

Reaction score
Bad throws, Bad reads, bad routes, Bad blocking and most of all, bad passing scheme which I've been seeing for 11 years now .

We brought in speed guys who run good routes which is why I ASSUMED the passing scheme would change. You don't need speed guys and good route runners to run 5-10 yd curls and out routes. My fat, partially crippled *** can run a 5 yd curl. Lol

If the passing scheme doesn't change, we'll continue to struggle. All qbs have to be able to throw outside the numbers and down field. But not all qbs can run a offense that the passing game is built in that, Dak is one of them. Dak needs a WCO type of offense. We do very little to challenge the defence in the middle of the field.

I agree, we never attack deep middle. It can't be places on the field that the defense does not have to defend. I bet this team, with Dak qbing, is easy to scout and prepare for.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Read my initial post again and internalize it, big boy:

I know you like to post Akoye vids, that's cool, but it's not my cup of tea. Why does my indifference to that particular "youtuber" get your panties in a bunch?

Well I'm trying to get you, on a Dallas Cowboys Football message board, to talk about our QBs play but 90% of your post have been about this youtuber. Obsess much?

DanA

Reaction score
I agree, we never attack deep middle. It can't be places on the field that the defense does not have to defend. I bet this team, with Dak qbing, is easy to scout and prepare for.

I bet it is too. But it shouldn't be.

Dak has enough in his locker to run an offense but you've got to scheme to his strengths.