Film of how Lance struggled so badly in preseason, the 49ers were forced to trade him

Chasing6

Reaction score
Gotcha. But when you said he didn't mention anything about running, that's when I mentioned Mahomes. My point is, that's an old way of evaluating QBs. Josh Allen may win the SB this year, this guy is a big running back with a rifle arm. Nothing against you though.
Running is not a QB requirement. It is a nice to have.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion. Putting all your eggs in the Dak basket has worked out so well this far. That was dumb.

When did I say I only believed in Dak? We have 3 QB's on our roster. Dak gives us the best opportunity to win.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Fat Mike knows QBs, You have to give him that, if he stays let him work with Lance, lets see what he can do.

We already know what Dak can't do.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They found a starter in Purdy and also needed to free up money to pay Bosa.

If you have a balanced team it takes the pressure off the QB. Period.

We put all the pressure on Dak

Same on Defense. All the pressure is on Micah.

If they both don't produce our Defense sucks and our Offense sucks. This is not a long term winning formula.

NFL is a the ultimate team sport. If you are going to pay big money for a player it depletes the rest of your roster.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Maybe we should give Noah Lyles a shot at QB. He is only 26 and he can run. Lots of potential.

Shane612

Reaction score
Looks like a hit piece to me.
Highlights and lowlights can make anyone look like a stud or a spud.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Has Lance even been given a chance? He sat behind Garoppolo then when he finally got the chance, he got hurt. SF went with Purdy and let Lance go because they already knew what they had in Purdy. Lance has not been allowed to show what he can do due to injuries and being a backup. I hope we can give him a chance or at the very least make him the 2nd QB if we are keeping Dak.

Kyle Shanahan is possibly the best offensive mind of the 21st century. He got an up-close look at him, decided he wasn't good enough, and dumped him off on possibly the worst GM of the 21st century, or any century for that matter.

Shanahan is not infallible, but to believe there is anything there with Lance you would have to believe that Jerry got one-up on Shanahan in a trade for a quarterback. That's not a bet I'm eager to take.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trey Lance has elite skills and didn't play much in college. He needs playing time. 8+ years of Dak and nothing to show for me. Not to mention that Try is still young. Like 23 or 24. There was a reason that the 49ers traded up to get him.
Was there a reason the Bears traded up for Mitch Trubisky?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Based on this theory......I'm believing in Mazi now. Just have to wait another 2 or 3 years.
That’s the thing man. Players that are ever going to be worth a darn in this league tend to show it early. At the very least they put together a few performances that make you think this kid can play.

Trey Lance and Mazi Smith (especially Mazi) really haven’t done that in their time in the NFL.

I’m not holding my breath.