Film of how Lance struggled so badly in preseason, the 49ers were forced to trade him

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
I thought it was due to what Purdy had done towards the end of the 2022 season. I didn't know he had gotten outright beaten out. So thanks. I might have to rethink.
They're lying.

Go read the comments on his highlight videos. 49er fans love the guy and basically say he was never given a fair shot.

IMO Lance may have been traded away to give purdy some peace of mind, specialy if he struggled early on fans would have been calling for Lance.

Also, maybe Shanahan liked Purdys skill set better. They're two completely different types purdy is a Joe Montana type and maybe that's exactly what Shanahan wanted .

I'm not saying Lance will be a super star but he's the kind of player that has upside because all he lacks is football IQ Wich, hopefully can be improved with experience unlike natural ability.

Give him time but he HAS to play they did him dirty by not playing him week 18 against the commanders

zeke21

Reaction score
Sure that footage looked ugly but I feel like Lance never really got a shot. I'm disappointed we didn't give Lance the #2 spot for and some playing time during the season.. seems like we never actually get to see Dak challenged in any way.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't need to. Quite a few of them were upset after Lance was traded. That speaks volumes.
Quite a few of who? Certainly nobody in their front office. Which is the topic here.

It means absolutely nothing that they traded up in the first round to draft him. Just like it meant absolutely nothing that the Bears did the same for Mitch Trubisky.

Bathe in it.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Probably. Do you think Trubisky has the same skill set as Lance? Trubiisky got his chance to prove himself. Lance hasn't.
\What skill set?
What does he do well?
Why is he still 3rd string after 3 years?

Jimbo123

Reaction score
If Lance is ever going to develop, he has to play, no NFL team will give him that chance. He needs to go to the USFL or Canada to play for a few years to develop.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Probably. Do you think Trubisky has the same skill set as Lance? Trubiisky got his chance to prove himself. Lance hasn't.
The Niners never gave him a chance? Ok. They just traded thee first round picks. When you do that they expect you to start day 1. They also had the most QB friendly offense in the league.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Trey Lance has elite skills and didn't play much in college. He needs playing time. 8+ years of Dak and nothing to show for me. Not to mention that Try is still young. Like 23 or 24. There was a reason that the 49ers traded up to get him.
and there's a reason they traded him to us after getting a chance to study him closely. its odd you use the 9ers as a reason he's good cause the 9'ers traded a ton to get him.

then igore the fact the 9'ers ate all that to dump him.

from the video, it does break it down w/o emotion. he sounds like a young dak, to be honest. some talent, but limited in defense reads and if too much is happening, can't keep up.

Merlin

Reaction score
and there's a reason they traded him to us after getting a chance to study him closely. its odd you use the 9ers as a reason he's good cause the 9'ers traded a ton to get him.

then igore the fact the 9'ers ate all that to dump him.

from the video, it does break it down w/o emotion. he sounds like a young dak, to be honest. some talent, but limited in defense reads and if too much is happening, can't keep up.
You assume I ignored. First mistake. Dak is still limited in reads unless you haven't been paying attention. You think Dak is the answer. If so, we are done here. That;s the definition of dumb. To think that he is the answer after 8+ years of the same thing.

Creeper

Reaction score
Lesson for those saying cut Dak and draft a QB at 24. Even the best college talents struggle in the NFL most of the time. For every Stroud, they are 10 Trey Lances. Maybe Lance will turn it around one day. He has the physical skills, but brains are such an important part of playing QB. How long did it take Baker Mayfield to figure it out?

If you want to draft a QB and cut Dak, be prepared for the possibility of years of misses in the draft.