Video: Film Study: Analyzing Dak Prescott's first game back

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The first play was actually a broken play. Dak said in his PC the play was supposed to have a TE come across but fell down. He was just going to run it but saw Brown flash, so he passed it. You can see Furguson trying to get pass the LOS and fall down.

Was a great play call, just poor execution. Bottom line is the first two drives featured Zeke at RB. And he picked up 2 yards on his first carry which put us in 3rd and long. Then he couldnt pick up the first down on 3rd and short. Both of the first two drives were 3 out in part because Zeke failed to anything with is runs.

On the 3rd drive Pollard is featured and thats when we start moving the ball. Pollard picks up 7 yards on his first carry and then another 8 yards on another carry. Now were moving the ball and play action is working. We score.

The offense is just much more dynamic and effective when Pollard is featured. 6 ypc as compared to Zeke and the hapless 4 ypc. Not rocket science.

khiladi

Reaction score
All QBs, even the best ones each year, try to rip a throw in between double or triple coverage. They all do it. You know it, but it doesn't fit your mold of attacking Dak, so you don't mention how they all do it. Typical agenda driven drivel. Then the hating lemmings 'like' as well. What's new?

The best ones win SBs and don’t pad stats in garbage time like he did in his first game back. If Dak win like Brady we’d have no problems tolerating his “daring” to test the DBs.

At least you admitted that Dak isn’t among “the best ones” so that’s progress…. And at least you admitted that this was a horrible throw.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
He didn't do anything more or less than Rush did the past 5 weeks. No turnovers was a good start, though.

Defense gave him 2 TOs to work with, TOs they were giving Rush, who was winning despite them. Dak has already proved how garbage he is when the defense isn’t awarding him TOs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The best ones win SBs and don’t pad stats in garbage time like he did in his first game back. If Dak win like Brady we’d have no problems tolerating his “daring” to test the DBs.

At least you admitted that Dak isn’t among “the best ones” so that’s progress…
Dak is a top 10 QB. Whether one considers that among the best is irrelevant. Dak is here to stay, whether you like it or not, because he gives us the best chance to win.

khiladi

Reaction score
The first play was actually a broken play. Dak said in his PC the play was supposed to have a TE come across but fell down. He was just going to run it but saw Brown flash, so he passed it. You can see Furguson trying to get pass the LOS and fall down.

So Dak couldn’t throw an accurate pass to a wide open Noah on his second progression, even if the first option wasn’t open for whatever the reason?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Defense gave him 2 TOs to work with, TOs they were giving Rush, who was winning despite them. Dak has already proved how garbage he is when the defense isn’t awarding him TOs.
Garbage is your commentary, but we already know that. What's new?

starfan1

Reaction score

At least you admitted that Dak isn’t among “the best ones” so that’s progress…. And at least you admitted that this was a horrible throw.
Funny how you had a completely different outlook for the last qb that did the same things in terms of testing db’s
Nothing you say in regards to Dak can be taken seriously because of your feeling on the matter even if you make an occasional accurate point

you’re too emotionally invested in the last one

khiladi

Reaction score
Funny how you had a completely different outlook for the last qb that did the same things in terms of testing db’s
Nothing you say in regards to Dak can be taken seriously because of your feeling on the matter even if you make an occasional accurate point

you’re too emotionally invested in the last one

LOL.. the “last QB” as in Rush, a third string QB that is 5-1 getting paid less than a million a year?

starfan1

Reaction score
LOL.. the “last QB” as in Rush, a third string QB that is 5-1 getting paid less than a million a year?
Don’t deflect you are well aware which qb I was referring to so just stop . Look on your wall you probably have his jersey in a frame and for the record idc about the contract not my damn money and Jerry has shown even when resources are available he isn’t spending it the right way

khiladi

Reaction score
Don’t deflect you are well aware which qb I was referring to so just stop . Look on your wall you probably have his jersey in a frame and for the record idc about the contract not my damn money and Jerry has shown even when resources are available he isn’t spending it the right way

Oh you mean Romo an actual passing Qb?

Yeah, I had zero problems him trying to carry the dumb Garrett, while the majority of this board was declaring Garrett the next Tom Landry, while the man couldn’t field a RG to save his life. We also saw what Romo could go the moment he had Linehan, who was an average but experienced OC, here.

We saw Garrett’s ‘greatness’ in NY.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we've established:
Throwing hand is fine
Rust has been knocked off
Has good velocity
Way better than Rush
Stay tuned:laugh:

glimmerman

Reaction score
No turnovers. Had Rush not turned it over 3 times we could have been in the game. If the lions not turned it over 5 times they could have been in the game..

starfan1

Reaction score
Oh you mean Romo an actual passing Qb?

Yeah, I had zero problems him trying to carry the dumb Garrett, while the majority of this board was declaring Garrett the next Tom Landry, while the man couldn’t field a RG to save his life. We also saw what Romo could go the moment he had Linehan, who was an average but experienced OC, here.

We saw Garrett’s ‘greatness’ in NY.
ya very similar playoff win % as dak. I really dont care if dak stays or goes but youre just ahypocrite lol.You excuse Romo for some of the very things you villify dak for.

cowboyed

Reaction score
he did a lot more. attacked down field a lot more than rush and the balls, are just faster out of his hands....I mean when rush threw and out pattern, I would go to the kitchen, make a sandwich...realize I ran out of mustard, go to store, get two kinds of mustard, make my sandwich, take a bite, be back at my chair and the ball would just barely get there and be knocked down.
If a hummingbird flew within a foot of one of Rush's long passes and farted it would knock the football off course.

starfan1

Reaction score
No, it’s just comical you Dak Stan’s are now trying to latch onto to the Romo context to defend your boy.

So define for me what a Dak stan is and I am just pointing out how big of a hypcrite you and some of your companions are. some of the exact same things you villify dak for you excused with romo its the truth. Regardless dak isnt going anywhere this to me is his best team. Id love for them to draft a QB but alas Jerry wont so I dont invest all my time and energy whining like you and papsmear and the army vet to name a few. You try with all your might to discredit everything the man does.Youd rather lose with dak then see the cowboys win its pretty comical actually

khiladi

Reaction score
So define for me what a Dak stan is and I am just pointing out how big of a hypcrite you and some of your companions are. some of the exact same things you villify dak for you excused with romo its the truth. Regardless dak isnt going anywhere this to me is his best team. Id love for them to draft a QB but alas Jerry wont so I dont invest all my time and energy whining like you and papsmear and the army vet to name a few. You try with all your might to discredit everything the man does.Youd rather lose with dak then see the cowboys win its pretty comical actually

There is no hypocrisy here. For example. Dak never played with Garrett calling plays. Garrett was still running 2 WRs sets and when the whole league has moved into 3. The type of offense Dak is running under is nothing like Garrett, with its heavy use of play action. A Dak-Stan is one who resorts to excuses that don’t exist for their boy that actually existed for Romo. In Garrett’s last “official” year of play calling, Dallas was like 31-32 in rushing. They were still running man blocking schemes with Houck until they lucked into Callahan.

Linehan completely dumbed down the offense for Dak, including doubling play action usage, while implementing the read option. Romo was arguably the best QB in football in his first year with Linehan, and they was without Zeke rushing for 5 YPC on first down.

Teams didn’t load the box like they do with Dak his whole career, daring Dak to beat them with his arm. Dak had an OL with arguably 3 all-pros that played together a minimum of 2 years together. Dak sucked once teams sat on the route of Beasley, so the team blamed Dez for Dak ‘forcing’ the ball to Dez. They coddled this QB and all his limitations for years, while admitting he didn’t ‘practice’ well, but supposedly showed up on game day. It took a week for Dak to throw a TD in training camp in year 3.

Like I said. Romo was benched at arguably the dumbest time in history, as the stars had aligned for us to actually make a real run.

A Dak-Stan is one who uses every excuse that has no basis in fact to prop up there boy for ‘whatever their motivation” is.