Final Four thoughts

blueblood70

Reaction score
After watching todays games, & seeing who's playing in the Conference Championship Games...

Patriots @ Chiefs

Rams @ Saints

Couldn't help but immediately notice, all four teams have explosive offenses. All four teams are where they are, primarily (<---key word) because of their offensive prowess. Without looking up stats, I believe these are four highest scoring offenses in the league.

The old adage of defense wins championships, sure isn't going to apply this year.

Looking at them a little closer, you've got 2 aging veteran pocket passers, & 2 young stud mobile QB's. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, who wins, & how.

I hope Jerry & Co. pay attention to what's going on here. This is precisely the direction the league has been trying to move.

While, our deficiencies on defense were exposed last night, we need a more potent offense to compete with the likes of these teams, & the similar teams that will be coming. The league is very copy cat. This formula is going to be replicated, or at minimum attempted to be replicated by plenty of others.

So... while trying to fill the weak spots on our defense this off season, please don't leave the status quo with our offense. We need some help there too, or we'll be sitting here watching other teams Championship weekend next year too.....

Thoughts..?
you call 20 points explosivein the saints? we beat them 13-10? they beat Philly 20-14 thats explosive we scored 22 against the Rams..that would have easily beat the eagles and saints :)) Brady and company did score a lot but I dont think they explosive in general just had great exceuted game plan against Chargers..they run an offense very much like pours typically..yes Rams and Chiefs are the high scoring teams

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Going for the Chiefs all the way. Mahomes and his team look confident and hot going into the Championship. As for the SB, I don't really care. I guess Saints/Chiefs, but I'd want Chiefs to win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This was the only game this year where we scored 20 points or more and didn’t win.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

High powered offenses

The rules have handicapped defenses. The player safety rules have made it much more difficult to win with defense. The rules have opened up the passing game and you have to be able to score to keep up with these high flying offenses. Pounding the ball trying to keep opponents score down isn’t working like it used to. The NFL wants scoring and they’re getting it. Points were way up this year.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I think those are safe bets. Add Irving to the mix, & possibly Lawrence, because of the contract he doesn't deserve, I mean will command.

lol Irving slipped my mind. DLaw will be interesting for sure. If we can get picks I say we do it. We hung onto to Dez way too long.

RD21

Reaction score
We have 2-3 years to win with this group, I'd rather do it with new coaching.... but that's not a choice it seems.
I think you are spot on with the timetable of 2-3 seasons. Opey will be here for it but, hopefully, with new coordinators.

ShortRound

Reaction score
If that long. The OL is decimating around Dak and we’ll have to pay Zeke in 2 years minimum.

We’ve already seen the impact with less talent at receivers.

Garrett, Dak, DLaw, Zeke.... their contracts will determine our fate for the next 5 years. We might be looking at some lean years ahead.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All 4 teams had byes.

I guess a bye is good as long as you don't shut the team down the last 6 quarters of the regular season before it like the Cowboys in 2016.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Eagles won the superbowl last year and averaged 28.6pts per game. They defeated the patriots who also averaged 28.6. The only team better we’re the rams who averaged 29.9