Final Four thoughts

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
During the 2016 season, the 3rd best offense -patriots (27.6) defeated that best offense -falcons (33.8)

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Burn our playbook and replace our OC. Hire an OC that will implement his style of offense. Not the pig manure that Garrett implements for his playbook.

If Goff was transformed into a stud QB almost instantly, the same can be done with Dak. Im kinda sick of our run up the middle offense with Zeke. Its just about the most pathetic and most predictable offense ever.

visionary

Reaction score
Still a QB and pocket passer league

Brady, Brees and Goff are all pocket passers and Mahomes is a gifted passer

Need a top tier QB to consistently compete for a championship. We don't have one

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Somewhere along the way someone is going to have to make a play on defense to win.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
After watching todays games, & seeing who's playing in the Conference Championship Games...

Patriots @ Chiefs

Rams @ Saints

Couldn't help but immediately notice, all four teams have explosive offenses. All four teams are where they are, primarily (<---key word) because of their offensive prowess. Without looking up stats, I believe these are four highest scoring offenses in the league.

The old adage of defense wins championships, sure isn't going to apply this year.

Looking at them a little closer, you've got 2 aging veteran pocket passers, & 2 young stud mobile QB's. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out, who wins, & how.

I hope Jerry & Co. pay attention to what's going on here. This is precisely the direction the league has been trying to move.

While, our deficiencies on defense were exposed last night, we need a more potent offense to compete with the likes of these teams, & the similar teams that will be coming. The league is very copy cat. This formula is going to be replicated, or at minimum attempted to be replicated by plenty of others.

So... while trying to fill the weak spots on our defense this off season, please don't leave the status quo with our offense. We need some help there too, or we'll be sitting here watching other teams Championship weekend next year too.....

Thoughts..?

The defenses will play a factor with respect to the fact that they all have explosive offenses thus the team with the better defense and explosive offense will probably win.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Gimme a Chiefs/Rams Super Bowl. Their MNF matchup this season was one for the ages and I think the rematch would be the same.

Rather see the two young QBs battle it out.
Same here,:thumbup:,,, ANDY REID'S TEAM got royally hosed by the " flag/ no flag" ZEBRA crew in that match-up against the New England Tom Brady's earlier this season (imoo_O)

Creeper

Reaction score
Question How many guys on the Cowboys starting offense were acquired by trade or free agency?

How many on defense?

I believe the answer is 1 on offense. Amari Cooper. Joe Looney was a Cowboys pickup but he is really a backup.

On defense they have Antuan Woods. The rest of their starters are all draft picks. That's actually a pretty good draft record. There was a time when Jerry essentially wasted entire drafts - the Quincy Carter draft comes to mind.

The remaining teams in the playoffs have had success drafting too, but they also went out and got players they needed in free agency or by trade. Throw in the Eagles and Chargers who were active in free agency as well. The Eagles won the Super Bowl last year and made a run again this year. The Eagles have about 15 key players right now who were acquired via free agency or trades. I only bring this up because it seems to me free agency is a very useful tool in building a team and the Cowboys have basically left that tool in the barn. Maybe its time to become more active, especially since we have no 1st round pick and we don't pick until 27 or 28 in the 2nd round.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The cowboys have an explosive offense. Zeke, Cooper, Gallup, Beasley, and so on. They just need to practice and figure some things out.

The first year without witten and dez did not go as smooth as it could have. They seemed to be off by just a little bit. They still won a playoff game.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
We are fine. We had to dig out of a deep hole and the team ended up being over taxed. Next year we have Cooper from the start and no Zeke suspension. If we get the bye we will be equally as rested as everyone else. A great team that is balanced will beat great one dimensional teams on an equal playing field, ie, same amount of rest.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
We are fine. We had to dig out of a deep hole and the team ended up being over taxed. Next year we have Cooper from the start and no Zeke suspension. If we get the bye we will be equally as rested as everyone else. A great team that is balanced will beat great one dimensional teams on an equal playing field, ie, same amount of rest.

We are always a one dimensional team not balanced

Last edited:

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
We are usually a one dimensional team not balanced
We have been unbalanced. But I was talking about the team we are right now. I saw a team Saturday that was tied and worn out. And still we hung in there. With equal rest to the Rams I think they give the effort we saw in the Seattle game, and it is a very different outcome.