Finally got to watch this game and this game was not on Dak

stinkface

Reaction score
Dak has had the yips pretty much since his calf injury. I think he is healthy now and hence willing to run. However it seems like the other team if faking the blitz and dropping into coverage and he seems amazingly confused. You would think with his experience he could figure it out, but he sure seems like a deer in the headlights. ps. doesn't help that our line has played like absolute crap for weeks.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Honestly would be surprised if Dak was even starting next week.

I'll get hosed for this, but I would let Cooper Rush play this game and give Dak a little time to reflect on his play and to rest and heal a little if he is a little injured. Dallas really does not need this game.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ya'll haters are crazy with hate.

This game was not on Dak. If anything, Dak kept us in this game.

I counted 5 batted balls and 2 drops. That is 7 of his 14 incompletes for the game.

There were 2 passes I would deem bad by him. 2.

His fumble in the 2nd to last drive...it sucks, but it happens and was a great play by the defender. I am more happy that he ran the way he did making people miss (more than Zeke did all game) and not afraid of his leg. If that 22 yard run didn't get called back, he had 2 less yards running than Kyler that you all think is the 2nd coming.

THis game was not on him but here is what was the cause of the loss:

• The total lack of a running game and threat of the run. Just anemic. No one respects Zeke as he is clearly hurt.
  • Horrible penalties. Many advantageous 3rd downs turned into much more difficult 3rd downs.
  • Another crushing missed chip shot fg.
  • Jayron dropping that gimme pick in the end zone.
  • The HORRIBLE non-fumble call on a clear fumble at the end of the game. The defense finally made a play and the refs screw us. We last saw the ball with over 4 min left...never get it back. Clearly this is Dak's Fault.

You guys are all dejected and blaming our QB but I am encouraged. I see us beating them in the playoffs. I really do. I expect our defense to clamp them down even more and I expect our offense to not shoot themselves in the foot like they did today.

i also see us putting the hurt on red birds in 4 vs 5 wild card weekend....this will be no replay of this last game....i had to put up a thread we will beat Cards on wild card weekend...90%and higher that

is who we face a week or so for saturday

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
i also see us putting the hurt on red birds in 4 vs 5 wild card weekend....this will be no replay of this last game....i had to put up a thread we will beat Cards on wild card weekend...90%and higher that

is who we face a week or so for saturday
Listening to Jerry's radio interview he kinda intimated at this as well. They outschemed us this time but it is hard to beat a team twice. That was my takeaway from his beating around the bush is that we will make adjustments and they won't be able to adjust to us the way they did the first time.

We shall see...

BobSacamano

Reaction score
LOL, we were a 6 point home favorite. To say, wow guys, we came within three points of the Cards (a team missing key players and coming off three losses) is bizarre.

The fact we were down 11 late and needed a late rally was, in fact, due to an offense that largely sputtered for much of the game. The offense, including the QB, were not sharp for long stretches of the game. It's not like the Cards dropped 40 on us and Dak just kept scoring and just came up short.
Forget that 90+ drive the defense gave up with a little help from the refs?

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I counted 5 batted balls and 2 drops. That is 7 of his 14 incompletes for the game.

His fumble in the 2nd to last drive...it sucks, but it happens and was a great play by the defender. I am more happy that he ran the way he did making people miss (more than Zeke did all game) and not afraid of his leg. If that 22 yard run didn't get called back, he had 2 less yards running than Kyler that you all think is the 2nd coming.

• The total lack of a running game and threat of the run. Just anemic. No one respects Zeke as he is clearly hurt.
  • Horrible penalties. Many advantageous 3rd downs turned into much more difficult 3rd downs.
  • The HORRIBLE non-fumble call on a clear fumble at the end of the game. The defense finally made a play and the refs screw us. We last saw the ball with over 4 min left...never get it back. Clearly this is Dak's Fault.

You guys are all dejected and blaming our QB but I am encouraged. I see us beating them in the playoffs. I really do. I expect our defense to clamp them down even more and I expect our offense to not shoot themselves in the foot like they did today.

You watched the wrong game.

Well, seriously you watched the wrong player in the last 5 years.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol so we should take your word over Troy's? And why is that? Fans watch an all 22 and really think they know what they're watching, funny **
I'll say this about Troy, he is more of an entertainer now than he is a valid commentator like Romo, only probably I'm not entertained by Troy anymore.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak ended Gallup’s season with that bad throw

I knew this thread would generate allot of astringent remarks from the same group, but I never thought I would hear that "Dak is now being blamed for injuries".
OIP.oBhKvRxMX9YnAndsTuBaLgHaE7

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
In my humble opinion. I think it was a combination of Dak being limited, he is not elite, and needing a decent running game.

I watched the scores of other teams today that actually won their games and all of them had at least 60+ yards running. I think every team needs at least that to win because the offense needs balance, except teams with elite QBs like Kansas, Green Bay or Tampa. I was really amazed how close the Cowboys were in the game at the end with those rushing yards. I don't know if its Zeke's fault or OL, but in my opinion its a combination of both, Zeke looks slow (hurt maybe?) and the OL specially the center, left guard, tight end bad blocking (specially when you don't have a full back).

Moore will need to adjust and find a solution to that against Philly (maybe try-error on that game) and prepare for whoever in the playoffs, because I see the Cowboys needing balance against every playoff team.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Dak is confused...he doesn't like what he's seeing. He was way better early as a two look and throw pony

TheHerd

Reaction score
This team does a lot of talking. We haven’t won a lick in 26 years. Whether is Cooper,Dak, Parsons.
Play it one game at a time
We always lay an egg when it matters. For 25 years

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

This game was on the coaches. Kellen Moore can’t adjust in game to call plays that counter what the defense is doing. It happens over and over.

Reactions: Ken

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dak is confused...he doesn't like what he's seeing. He was way better early as a two look and throw pony

You know... there are ways for the OC to make it that way again.
It's not entirely all on the QB in the game-plan and how things go.

The OC can look at the opposing D's tendencies, players, predictable changes and make a 2-look game-plan for his QB that works with Dak as they collab.

The Eye of Sauron falls upon Kellen just as hard as the QB and the RB's.