Finally We Can All Face Reality

817Gill

Reaction score
Never give up, we still have a chance, let’s try to win the East bleh bleh bleh. Reality boys. Being on team tank is in fact the team that wants better for us.

I saw a poster say, mighta been @Bobhaze, that winning this division would give Jerry and co just the ammo they need to optimistically spin this season into the eternal hope that is 2021.

We aren’t miles away from being a good team, but if we want to go from revolving around 8-8/9-7/10-6 to being SB contenders we need a real infusion of new personnel. We need draft capital, we need to part ways with a long tenured vet or two, and most importantly we need to get serious about where we are as a franchise. Limping into an NFC East title is the exact opposite of the wake-up call Jerry and co need.

Why some people want to get waxed in round 1 and pick 19th overall in every round is just unfathomable to me. Did y’all really think we had the personnel and continuity to do anything respectable once half the roster landed on IR? Are y’all delusional? Does nobody know when to fold em and when to hold em?

If you want to get to a SB as soon as possible, then there’s no way on earth you root to win this division. Do you know how beneficial a top 5 pick trade down would be? 5 picks in the first 3 rounds for a team who has shown they can draft quality players? Are y’all forreal?

I will admit, winning felt good last week. It really did. But I can swallow my desire to feel that way for a few weeks to put us in a better position going forward. We criticize Jerry for not knowing when to move on or being overly optimistic, yet here we are thinking a team with half of its starters injured in a season that is so whacked out should be on it’s way to an NFC East title.

Could you imagine Surtain II, Shaun Wade, Trevon Moehrig, Tedarrell Slaton, and an OT/LB all in the first 3 rounds? It’s literally exactly what we need lol. Thank God we can all face reality now. Just need Jerry to do it too.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy.gif

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The reality is we've got guys adapting to a new system. The incredible offensive firepower we have shoulda kept us in contention while the D got it together. Instead, we lost both T and our QB. Today we lost the T backups.

Not a bad team. The guys that are healthy just aren't enough.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
We need help in the secondary in the worst way. There are zero corners out there capable of making plays. I’m for Surtain all the way.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah I think this loss hurts because of the way they played prior to the bye with Pitt and Philly, then came out and won in Minny. I was a believer that they were gelling and getting healthy, as healthy as possible, at the right time. But being gangster slapped all over AT&T Stadium pretty much gave us an answer to this season. We've lost too many players to injuries and our coaches are trash. I was thinking MM was a good coach for having the guys still playing hard for him but after that fake punt I'm not so sure anymore. That was just horrible. Nolan is trash. I disagree with Troy Aikman that Nolan is a good coach. He's not. Why is Antuan Woods dropping back into coverage? Obviously our defense isn't fooling anyone with it's scheme so you might as well have your players do what their best at. No one is going to convince me that Woods should be out in coverage. He's not a coverage defensive lineman. Special teams coach just needs to be told he can't ever go for it on 4th down again. How many fake punts do we have to not get this year before we realize it doesn't work. Zeke is fat and fumbles. Once again he was a part of the momentum swing with his fumble. That lead to 7 points.

Other takeaways I had from this game:
1. there are 2 players the Cowboys can not live without. Dak Prescott and Zack Martin. Let's sit Martin the rest of the season. This season is over and no need to have him rip his ACL or something now. When I saw him grab at his lower leg my heart just sank. Let's sit him so we don't lose him for any part of next year.
2. Cooper and Gallup played well. Lamb let us down. He needs to make that TD catch. Hit him in the hands. huge drop and momentum swing.
3. I can live without Fassel and Nolan going into next year. I can take MM back with more qualified assistants for 1 more year and if he fails next year then clean house coaching staff.
4. Where is Gallimore, he had 1 good game and then disappeared.

817Gill

Reaction score
The reality is we've got guys adapting to a new system. The incredible offensive firepower we have shoulda kept us in contention while the D got it together. Instead, we lost both T and our QB. Today we lost the T backups.

Exactly, and adding 5 premium players to that is so much more beneficial than winning this division this year.

817Gill

Reaction score
Yeah I think this loss hurts because of the way they played prior to the bye with Pitt and Philly, then came out and won in Minny. I was a believer that they were gelling and getting healthy, as healthy as possible, at the right time. But being gangster slapped all over AT&T Stadium pretty much gave us an answer to this season. We've lost too many players to injuries and our coaches are trash. I was thinking MM was a good coach for having the guys still playing hard for him but after that fake punt I'm not so sure anymore. That was just horrible. Nolan is trash. I disagree with Troy Aikman that Nolan is a good coach. He's not. Why is Antuan Woods dropping back into coverage? Obviously our defense isn't fooling anyone with it's scheme so you might as well have your players do what their best at. No one is going to convince me that Woods should be out in coverage. He's not a coverage defensive lineman. Special teams coach just needs to be told he can't ever go for it on 4th down again. How many fake punts do we have to not get this year before we realize it doesn't work. Zeke is fat and fumbles. Once again he was a part of the momentum swing with his fumble. That lead to 7 points.

Other takeaways I had from this game:
1. there are 2 players the Cowboys can not live without. Dak Prescott and Zack Martin. Let's sit Martin the rest of the season. This season is over and no need to have him rip his ACL or something now. When I saw him grab at his lower leg my heart just sank. Let's sit him so we don't lose him for any part of next year.
2. Cooper and Gallup played well. Lamb let us down. He needs to make that TD catch. Hit him in the hands. huge drop and momentum swing.
3. I can live without Fassel and Nolan going into next year. I can take MM back with more qualified assistants for 1 more year and if he fails next year then clean house coaching staff.
4. Where is Gallimore, he had 1 good game and then disappeared.
In terms of Gallimore, he’s a pass rush DT, not a run stopper at this point. Versus Pittsburgh we bottled their run game up, making them pass more and thus giving Gallimore more opportunities to do his thing.

Minny and WFT both are much more run dominant giving him less opportunity to make plays. Unfortunately with this line I don’t think we’ll have teams passing a lot this season.

stiletto

Reaction score
It's ok to lose because you are injured and don't have the horses but the coaching killed any possibility of being competitive. Coaches are supposed to put players (no matter how good they are) in good positions. Our coaches seemed to do everything possible to give the other team the better opportunities and it has been happening all year. I think we got bigger problems than just injured players.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
The only problem with Jerry opening his eyes is he won’t. He will write this year off as injuries and Covid. He won’t be wrong, but I hope they try to get talent. Not cheap second hand talent.

I have fallen for that trap for twenty-five years. Jerry gets paid whether the team is successful or not. In the end he makes bank and gets to stand in front of some cameras. He doesn't give a rats @$$ about the fans.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I love how there's 3 players with top 8 grades and the cowboys are eyeing to finish 4th

This team can't even tank correctly :facepalm:

plymkr

Reaction score
In terms of Gallimore, he’s a pass rush DT, not a run stopper at this point. Versus Pittsburgh we bottled their run game up, making them pass more and thus giving Gallimore more opportunities to do his thing.

Minny and WFT both are much more run dominant giving him less opportunity to make plays. Unfortunately with this line I don’t think we’ll have teams passing a lot this season.
Good call, I didn't think about that. Thanks for the insight. I was getting frustrated that he wasn't in more. Now it makes sense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Players adapt quickly to new systems all the time in the NFL.

What Dallas needs is electric football players that make plays and get rid of the guys who make catastrophic mistakes.

817Gill

Reaction score
It's ok to lose because you are injured and don't have the horses but the coaching killed any possibility of being competitive. Coaches are supposed to put players (no matter how good they are) in good positions. Our coaches seemed to do everything possible to give the other team the better opportunities and it has been happening all year. I think we got bigger problems than just injured players.
The one issue we can point too is coaching, but we did just come off of three straight well coached competitive games. I’m not a MM fan but I am OK with giving him a normal year to prove it.

817Gill

Reaction score
Good call, I didn't think about that. Thanks for the insight. I was getting frustrated that he wasn't in more. Now it makes sense.
No problem homie! You brought up some good points as well.

817Gill

Reaction score
I love how there's 3 players with top 8 grades and the cowboys are eyeing to finish 4th

This team can't even tank correctly :facepalm:
We need the trade down. We are going CB first and no CB is going before 9 this year. The top 5 is where we need to be as that’s where the QB needy teams will trade up into. Just root for Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, and Kyle Trask the rest of the CFB season and we should be in great position to take the top CB and have an extra 2nd this year.