Finally We Can All Face Reality

Kaiser

Reaction score

39ea74a1b7649e410614a2c3f2c39289.jpg

irving

Reaction score
Yeah I think this loss hurts because of the way they played prior to the bye with Pitt and Philly, then came out and won in Minny. I was a believer that they were gelling and getting healthy, as healthy as possible, at the right time. But being gangster slapped all over AT&T Stadium pretty much gave us an answer to this season. We've lost too many players to injuries and our coaches are trash. I was thinking MM was a good coach for having the guys still playing hard for him but after that fake punt I'm not so sure anymore. That was just horrible. Nolan is trash. I disagree with Troy Aikman that Nolan is a good coach. He's not. Why is Antuan Woods dropping back into coverage? Obviously our defense isn't fooling anyone with it's scheme so you might as well have your players do what their best at. No one is going to convince me that Woods should be out in coverage. He's not a coverage defensive lineman. Special teams coach just needs to be told he can't ever go for it on 4th down again. How many fake punts do we have to not get this year before we realize it doesn't work. Zeke is fat and fumbles. Once again he was a part of the momentum swing with his fumble. That lead to 7 points.

Other takeaways I had from this game:
1. there are 2 players the Cowboys can not live without. Dak Prescott and Zack Martin. Let's sit Martin the rest of the season. This season is over and no need to have him rip his ACL or something now. When I saw him grab at his lower leg my heart just sank. Let's sit him so we don't lose him for any part of next year.
2. Cooper and Gallup played well. Lamb let us down. He needs to make that TD catch. Hit him in the hands. huge drop and momentum swing.
3. I can live without Fassel and Nolan going into next year. I can take MM back with more qualified assistants for 1 more year and if he fails next year then clean house coaching staff.
4. Where is Gallimore, he had 1 good game and then disappeared.
Your post makes to much sense and doesn’t include getting rid of Dak, therefore many on here will hate it. I on the other hand agree with you.

Kaiser

Reaction score
1. there are 2 players the Cowboys can not live without. Dak Prescott and Zack Martin. Let's sit Martin the rest of the season. This season is over and no need to have him rip his ACL or something now. When I saw him grab at his lower leg my heart just sank. Let's sit him so we don't lose him for any part of next year.
2. Cooper and Gallup played well. Lamb let us down. He needs to make that TD catch. Hit him in the hands. huge drop and momentum swing.
3. I can live without Fassel and Nolan going into next year. I can take MM back with more qualified assistants for 1 more year and if he fails next year then clean house coaching staff.
4. Where is Gallimore, he had 1 good game and then disappeared.

Great post, I believe in the "fatal flaw" theory that if you have an Achilles Heel NFL coaches will carve you up. In this game we had it on the OL after the first series when both OTs went out and on defense with so much of our secondary hurt.

On Gallimore, I would say he is hitting the rookie wall but he didn't play enough early on to be that fatigued.

superonyx

Reaction score
I hate to be the debbie downer here but why are we acting like this team wont mess up the draft by winning more games this year?

Our schedule will get us just enough wins that we will end up too many spots outside of the premium draft positions.

Watch this place implode when we pull off another miracle like Atlanta and get a few more worthless wins.

Tussinman

Reaction score
We need the trade down. We are going CB first and no CB is going before 9 this year. The top 5 is where we need to be as that’s where the QB needy teams will trade up into. Just root for Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, and Kyle Trask the rest of the CFB season and we should be in great position to take the top CB and have an extra 2nd this year.
Those 3 will end up like Rosen and Haskins (teams will want them but not enough to trade even into the top 10, would rather wait for them to keep falling).

The drop off is huge after the top 3 so i'd 100% be down for a trade down but there's not much "must have" talent after 3rd (cowboys picked an awful year to tank)

817Gill

Reaction score
I hate to be the debbie downer here but why are we acting like this team wont mess up the draft by winning more games this year?

Our schedule will get us just enough wins that we will end up too many spots outside of the premium draft positions.

Watch this place implode when we pull off another miracle like Atlanta and get a few more worthless wins.
Ugh that would make me sick. Buuut this loss and one to Baltimore might just take all morale out of this team for 2020. We’ll see Reggie Robinson and Anae out there and the message will be clear.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I want both. I want him to rest but at the same time I want him to play at least another game or 2 so he can make the all-pro team for the 7th straight year (would suck if his streak was broken because he only played 10 games, technically only 8 since he barely played in 2 of the games he started)

817Gill

Reaction score
Those 3 will end up like Rosen and Haskins (teams will want them but not enough to trade even into the top 10, would rather wait for them to keep falling).

The drop off is huge after the top 3 so i'd 100% be down for a trade down but there's not much "must have" talent after 3rd (cowboys picked an awful year to tank)
I’m not seeing that man especially because the are teams that need QB’s who pick in the teens. It’s one thing to wait until 6-8, but 12+ picks is too long to wait. Teams like Chicago, Wash, San Fran, and Indy will all be competing for a premium QB (heard Kyle Shanahan loooves Wilson), there is more than one suitor for a trade down Tuss. I really think so. I get your thoughts for sure though.

kskboys

Reaction score

What about them makes you think that?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only problem with Jerry opening his eyes is he won’t. He will write this year off as injuries and Covid. He won’t be wrong, but I hope they try to get talent. Not cheap second hand talent.
You’re right. He will write off this year with his usual excuses. The best evidence we have that Jerry is an excuse machine is the fact that after 25 years of his stubborn, foolish work as a GM, he won’t fire the GM or his sidekick son. He makes excuses year after year to “do it his way”. He’s like a rich drunk at the craps table. He thinks sooner or later, he’s going to roll boxcars.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Even still going 3-2 will be enough to win the division. Do I want to ? NO, but go look at the NFC east remaining schedules. Dallas has the easiest remaining games. Dallas has Balt, Bengals, 49ers, Eagles, and Giants. If they win 3 of those they’ll win the division. There’s no way any other team in this division is winning more than 2 of their remaining games.

Tussinman

Reaction score
What about them makes you think that?
There's 5 or 6 teams (all of which with losing records) fighting over 5 or 6 qbs. I don't see super aggressive trades for the other 3 but I guess we'll see how the season for both NCAA and NFL play out. Right now i'm seeing the current draft order and it seems like the 3rd guy won't even be feasible till 9th (top 8 either has a QB, is drafting one of the big 2, or has way too much dead money on there current QB).

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The only problem with Jerry opening his eyes is he won’t. He will write this year off as injuries and Covid. He won’t be wrong, but I hope they try to get talent. Not cheap second hand talent.
The problem here is that Jerrah surrounds himself with "Yes men

People who he can control by a million strings he can pull to get what he wants.

Plus he has Stephen to help him.

This is not a football team..

It's a money laundering operation.

All the Jones business are that way.

The Cowboys are not a team..

they are an asset.

Same with the stadium and the Star and all the Fried Chicken restaurants, etc.

And as such they will be handled as 'cashflow' not anything made of flesh and bone and having emotions, etc.

Jerrah has no emotions for anythingut money Once we all see that the better.

We are not fans.We are assets.

817Gill

Reaction score
The problem here is that Jerrah surrounds himself with "Yes men

People who he can control by a million strings he can pull to get what he wants.

Plus he has Stephen to help him.

This is not a football team..

It's a money laundering operation.

All the Jones business are that way.

The Cowboys are not a team..

they are an asset.

Same with the stadium and the Star and all the Fried Chicken restaurants, etc.

And as such they will be handled as 'cashflow' not anything made of flesh and bone and having emotions, etc.

Jerrah has no emotions for anythingut money Once we all see that the better.

We are not fans.We are assets.
That was a sobering post lol

RS12

Reaction score
The reality is:

1) Bad front office.
2) Bad coaching staff
3) Bad culture
4) over rated and average talent

Other than that, things are great.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's ok to lose because you are injured and don't have the horses but the coaching killed any possibility of being competitive. Coaches are supposed to put players (no matter how good they are) in good positions. Our coaches seemed to do everything possible to give the other team the better opportunities and it has been happening all year. I think we got bigger problems than just injured players.

MM made a desperate call to try and save a dead season. He saw any hope slipping away as he knew what some of us know......this team sucks and they were headed for a loss. Stupid call generally but I give him credit for having more balls then the horrid Garrett ever had. Sometimes a quick death is better.

Maybe he knows that’s top 5 pick will help him build a winner out of this Garrett garbage train.

Or maybe he just sucks like Garrett.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Yup. I’ve made no bones about it I’m team tank. You have to be a massive homer to think this team can make a run in the playoffs. It doesn’t mean you cheer for the other team, but I’m not hurt when I see us lose. We stink it is what it is and we’ll get better next year. We all want this team to do well and have a long run, and that starts by picking early in the draft. Go Cowboys