Finally We Can All Face Reality

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah...it may not be the case, but it sure looked like the coaches were doing everything NOT to win the game!! :confused:
I mean, were they having a contest?
giphy.gif

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Never give up, we still have a chance, let’s try to win the East bleh bleh bleh. Reality boys. Being on team tank is in fact the team that wants better for us.

I saw a poster say, mighta been @Bobhaze, that winning this division would give Jerry and co just the ammo they need to optimistically spin this season into the eternal hope that is 2021.

We aren’t miles away from being a good team, but if we want to go from revolving around 8-8/9-7/10-6 to being SB contenders we need a real infusion of new personnel. We need draft capital, we need to part ways with a long tenured vet or two, and most importantly we need to get serious about where we are as a franchise. Limping into an NFC East title is the exact opposite of the wake-up call Jerry and co need.

Why some people want to get waxed in round 1 and pick 19th overall in every round is just unfathomable to me. Did y’all really think we had the personnel and continuity to do anything respectable once half the roster landed on IR? Are y’all delusional? Does nobody know when to fold em and when to hold em?

If you want to get to a SB as soon as possible, then there’s no way on earth you root to win this division. Do you know how beneficial a top 5 pick trade down would be? 5 picks in the first 3 rounds for a team who has shown they can draft quality players? Are y’all forreal?

I will admit, winning felt good last week. It really did. But I can swallow my desire to feel that way for a few weeks to put us in a better position going forward. We criticize Jerry for not knowing when to move on or being overly optimistic, yet here we are thinking a team with half of its starters injured in a season that is so whacked out should be on it’s way to an NFC East title.

Could you imagine Surtain II, Shaun Wade, Trevon Moehrig, Tedarrell Slaton, and an OT/LB all in the first 3 rounds? It’s literally exactly what we need lol. Thank God we can all face reality now. Just need Jerry to do it too.
Will not happen. Jerry Jones has given you 26 years of evident proof of doing the things that gave him the title Jerry 'Dumbo GM" Jones. The Arlington Jonesboys will forever be the disgusting disappointing fake Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys that my Grandfather, Father, and I grew up being a fan of is Gone Forever (as long as the owner comes from the DNA gene pool of Jerral W. Jones). Forever.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I joked about it in another thread, but it does have more than a slim chance of being the case.
This team has had enough of 2020.

So have I for that matter.

We started off badly and with all the bad luck with injuries..

nothing more can be done.

At this point..rest the injured and just play the backups to see who will be here next year.

Use it like a TC which we never really had.

How this coaching staff deals with this will tell us what is going on at the Star.

We still have no idea about this team.

Strangest year I ever saw in 50 years of following this team.

Oh yeah..McCarthy..lose about 30 lbs and look like a coach and not Humpty Dumpty.

We all know you are on easy street at the Star.

Skip some lunches and hit the gym.

:banghead:

cern

Reaction score
This team has had enough of 2020.

So have I for that matter.

We started off badly and with all the bad luck with injuries..

nothing more can be done.

At this point..rest the injured and just play the backups to see who will be here next year.

Use it like a TC which we never really had.

How this coaching staff deals with this will tell us what is going on at the Star.

We still have no idea about this team.

Strangest year I ever saw in 50 years of following this team.

Oh yeah..McCarthy..lose about 30 lbs and look like a coach and not Humpty Dumpty.

We all know you are on easy street at the Star.

Skip some lunches and hit the gym.

:banghead:
30 pounds wouldn't get rid of his jowls.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Never give up, we still have a chance, let’s try to win the East bleh bleh bleh. Reality boys. Being on team tank is in fact the team that wants better for us.

Getting tired of "fans" patting themselves on the back for rooting to lose, as if doing so actually makes losses happen. :rolleyes:

J12B

Reaction score
The reality is we've got guys adapting to a new system. The incredible offensive firepower we have shoulda kept us in contention while the D got it together. Instead, we lost both T and our QB. Today we lost the T backups.

Not a bad team. The guys that are healthy just aren't enough.

New system lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Getting tired of "fans" patting themselves on the back for rooting to lose, as if doing so actually makes losses happen. :rolleyes:
It is stuff from way WAY out of left field. That is not the most weird aspect though. It would be easy to say "If this this and this happens, the team would have the possibility of this and this happening." Instead, the same idea is often presented as, "You should root for this this and this to happen because this this and this will happen."

Do people not understand life would be way more simple if anyone could just wish things into existence? :laugh::laugh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It is stuff from way WAY out of left field. That is not the most weird aspect though. It would be easy to say "If this this and this happens, the team would have the possibility of this and this happening." Instead, the same idea is often presented as, "You should root for this this and this to happen because this this and this will happen."

Do people not understand life would be way more simple if anyone could just wish things into existence? :laugh::laugh:
I wish for 2020 to end.

Hated this year more than any other.

:angry:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish for 2020 to end.

Hated this year more than any other.

:angry:
I doubt you will find very many people who do not share your sentiment. However, anyone can close their eyes tight, hold their breath and squeeze their buttocks together. All that effort will not make the next 34 days pass any faster than they have since this mudball started revolving around the sun. And THAT was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG time ago. :laugh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I doubt you will find very many people who do not share your sentiment. However, anyone can close their eyes tight, hold their breath and squeeze their buttocks together. All that effort will not make the next 34 days pass any faster than they have since this mudball started revolving around the sun. And THAT was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG time ago. :laugh:
I think your keyboard got stuck.

I agree.

:omg:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I saw a poster say, mighta been @Bobhaze, that winning this division would give Jerry and co just the ammo they need to optimistically spin this season into the eternal hope that is 2021.

We aren’t miles away from being a good team, but if we want to go from revolving around 8-8/9-7/10-6 to being SB contenders we need a real infusion of new personnel. We need draft capital, we need to part ways with a long tenured vet or two, and most importantly we need to get serious about where we are as a franchise. Limping into an NFC East title is the exact opposite of the wake-up call Jerry and co need.

Why some people want to get waxed in round 1 and pick 19th overall in every round is just unfathomable to me. Did y’all really think we had the personnel and continuity to do anything respectable once half the roster landed on IR? Are y’all delusional? Does nobody know when to fold em and when to hold em?

If you want to get to a SB as soon as possible, then there’s no way on earth you root to win this division. Do you know how beneficial a top 5 pick trade down would be? 5 picks in the first 3 rounds for a team who has shown they can draft quality players? Are y’all forreal?

I will admit, winning felt good last week. It really did. But I can swallow my desire to feel that way for a few weeks to put us in a better position going forward. We criticize Jerry for not knowing when to move on or being overly optimistic, yet here we are thinking a team with half of its starters injured in a season that is so whacked out should be on it’s way to an NFC East title.

Could you imagine Surtain II, Shaun Wade, Trevon Moehrig, Tedarrell Slaton, and an OT/LB all in the first 3 rounds? It’s literally exactly what we need lol. Thank God we can all face reality now. Just need Jerry to do it too.

Here's the difference between fans that want to tank and actual players. I'll bet that the only players that would intentionally tank are players that don't want to be with the Cowboys and see it as a way to get cut. Then if the Cowboys could and had any desires to sign any free agents just how many will want to come to team that instead of trying to win they tank. If I was a player I wouldn't want any part of a team that tanks and the coaches were good with that.. I could see a player telling himself that if things start out bad again at what point will they start tanking again just for a higher draft pick and decide not to sign with the Cowboys. Unlike some fans here, professional athletes are very competition and hate losing.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Will not happen. Jerry Jones has given you 26 years of evident proof of doing the things that gave him the title Jerry 'Dumbo GM" Jones. The Arlington Jonesboys will forever be the disgusting disappointing fake Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys that my Grandfather, Father, and I grew up being a fan of is Gone Forever (as long as the owner comes from the DNA gene pool of Jerral W. Jones). Forever.

I am with you.

Which reminds me..

I would like all of us to do a DNA test and post our results.

Then we could really have somethings to compare and dissect.

I will probably find I come from either Pakistan or New Jersey.

I want to know.

Sandy deserts make me homesick..

while smog leaves me breathless.

I'm confused.

:laugh: