Finally We Can All Face Reality

817Gill

Reaction score
Finally?

I knew this weeks ago.

We're a bad team with major injuries to key players with a confused coaching staff.

There was never a chance.
Finally everyone else is on board lol. Once Dak went down I was all in on team tank. Dalton cannot do more than Dak with less than he had. Just didn’t make sense to think we had an honest chance.

817Gill

Reaction score
Getting tired of "fans" patting themselves on the back for rooting to lose, as if doing so actually makes losses happen. :rolleyes:
And rooting to win makes that happen lol? No ones patting anything just trying to understand why people want to be the 2019 Eagles. Limp into a division title and have ownership cling onto optimism that just doubles down on the issues a team has.

If you want to get better then you should want to get more resources to do that. Not pick 19th overall all draft lol. Not a fan of cheap blue chip talent are ya?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah I think this loss hurts because of the way they played prior to the bye with Pitt and Philly, then came out and won in Minny. I was a believer that they were gelling and getting healthy, as healthy as possible, at the right time. But being gangster slapped all over AT&T Stadium pretty much gave us an answer to this season. We've lost too many players to injuries and our coaches are trash. I was thinking MM was a good coach for having the guys still playing hard for him but after that fake punt I'm not so sure anymore. That was just horrible. Nolan is trash. I disagree with Troy Aikman that Nolan is a good coach. He's not. Why is Antuan Woods dropping back into coverage? Obviously our defense isn't fooling anyone with it's scheme so you might as well have your players do what their best at. No one is going to convince me that Woods should be out in coverage. He's not a coverage defensive lineman. Special teams coach just needs to be told he can't ever go for it on 4th down again. How many fake punts do we have to not get this year before we realize it doesn't work. Zeke is fat and fumbles. Once again he was a part of the momentum swing with his fumble. That lead to 7 points.

Other takeaways I had from this game:
1. there are 2 players the Cowboys can not live without. Dak Prescott and Zack Martin. Let's sit Martin the rest of the season. This season is over and no need to have him rip his ACL or something now. When I saw him grab at his lower leg my heart just sank. Let's sit him so we don't lose him for any part of next year.
2. Cooper and Gallup played well. Lamb let us down. He needs to make that TD catch. Hit him in the hands. huge drop and momentum swing.
3. I can live without Fassel and Nolan going into next year. I can take MM back with more qualified assistants for 1 more year and if he fails next year then clean house coaching staff.
4. Where is Gallimore, he had 1 good game and then disappeared.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just want to point out how unrealistic some of yours are. I don't care what HOF receiver you want to pick, every single one of them at some point dropped a TD pass and possibly if not probably after their rookie season so to make a huge deal because Lamb dropped a TD pass is unrealistic. Yes I wish he caught it but I know even the best receivers have done the same thing.

I also disagree with what Aikman said about Nolan. I've said from the start that without the normal off season and preseason to install a defense that requires the players to fit the defense instead of a defense that takes advantage of what the players do best was a huge mistake. But on the other side of that coin to get so down on McCarthy because as a new coach putting a coaching staff together without the normal off season or preseason and a very altered training camp is unrealistic. We heard for several years how Garrett didn't take any chances but now McCarthy has taken some chances and now there are those that are complaining that he takes chances. I'm sure McCarthy was who said to try the fake punt but I'll bet it was Fassel that called which fake punt they would run.

I'll also bet that because of how strange this off season was and no preseason and the altered training camp all of the 1st year head coaches will get a pass on this season.

plymkr

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just want to point out how unrealistic some of yours are. I don't care what HOF receiver you want to pick, every single one of them at some point dropped a TD pass and possibly if not probably after their rookie season so to make a huge deal because Lamb dropped a TD pass is unrealistic. Yes I wish he caught it but I know even the best receivers have done the same thing.

I also disagree with what Aikman said about Nolan. I've said from the start that without the normal off season and preseason to install a defense that requires the players to fit the defense instead of a defense that takes advantage of what the players do best was a huge mistake. But on the other side of that coin to get so down on McCarthy because as a new coach putting a coaching staff together without the normal off season or preseason and a very altered training camp is unrealistic. We heard for several years how Garrett didn't take any chances but now McCarthy has taken some chances and now there are those that are complaining that he takes chances. I'm sure McCarthy was who said to try the fake punt but I'll bet it was Fassel that called which fake punt they would run.

I'll also bet that because of how strange this off season was and no preseason and the altered training camp all of the 1st year head coaches will get a pass on this season.
I don't think it's unreasonable or unrealistic to expect a receiver to catch a pass that hits him in the hands. Yes all HOF receivers have dropped passes but it's expected that they do not drop passes. That was a huge play that he needs to make. I feel it's appropriate to expect Lamb to make that catch.

I also don't feel feel it's unreasonable or unrealistic to expect a professional coach to not go for it on 4th and long from his own 20.

I feel my expectations are fine. And for the record I didn't say I wanted to get rid of Lamb. McCarthy may need to go but not Lamb.

If your expectations are that your receiver drops a tying TD in a divisional game for 1st place and your coach will go for it on 4th down at his own 20 in the same game then me and you will always disagree.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Finally everyone else is on board lol. Once Dak went down I was all in on team tank. Dalton cannot do more than Dak with less than he had. Just didn’t make sense to think we had an honest chance.
Exactly, how people didn't see it amazed me.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I don't think it's unreasonable or unrealistic to expect a receiver to catch a pass that hits him in the hands. Yes all HOF receivers have dropped passes but it's expected that they do not drop passes. That was a huge play that he needs to make. I feel it's appropriate to expect Lamb to make that catch.

I also don't feel feel it's unreasonable or unrealistic to expect a professional coach to not go for it on 4th and long from his own 20.

I feel my expectations are fine. And for the record I didn't say I wanted to get rid of Lamb. McCarthy may need to go but not Lamb.

If your expectations are that your receiver drops a tying TD in a divisional game for 1st place and your coach will go for it on 4th down at his own 20 in the same game then me and you will always disagree.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want your receiver to catch a TD pass in a divisional game but it's another thing to make a big deal out of a drop when EVERY HOF receiver had done it at some point in their careers. Now if it was a repeated thing for Lamb to drop TD passes then I can see questioning that, but he doesn't have that history. There are fans here that if everything isn't done to perfection they go off on rants like whatever happened had never happened in the NFL before even. There is something that was once said that gets repeated in the sports world quite often and that is what Pacells said, "you are what your record says you are". To many fans here live in the past and think with the talent the Cowboys have they should win more games. The truth is the only place the Cowboys have superior talent is their WR's but it takes much much more than that to get to and be successful in the playoffs. I wish the Cowboys would set an unbeatable record of winning like 5 or 6 Super Bowls in a row but wishing for that and living in reality are two different things. Win, lose or draw I will always be a Cowboys fan and maybe next season with Prescott back and a healthy offensive line and some improvements on defense the Cowboys can get to that wonderland of the Super Bowl but to whine about a team with as many starters injured and still expecting things to be all rosy is unrealistic.

cavemanct

Reaction score
I have fallen for that trap for twenty-five years. Jerry gets paid whether the team is successful or not. In the end he makes bank and gets to stand in front of some cameras. He doesn't give a rats @$$ about the fans.
Finally someone gets it.