Fire Kellen Moore Immediately!

kskboys

Reaction score
I have to say, that series pissed me off. Throw it on 2nd and 4, then 3rd and 4, then go for it on 4th down by running it. You could've run it twice and never needed to go for it on 4th.
That failed series is a perfect example of why we only scored 7 pts in the first half.

This is where KMO needs help, needs someone to teach him that there's many different ways to run the ball to form an effective play. There's just too much he doesn't understand about running the ball.

Tommy

Reaction score
I agree, their heads were a little too inflated from sundays big win. It was like they were acting as though just showing up they were going to win easily and could play anyway that wanted to. Every time they stray from the formula that works things fall apart. You'd thing Moore would get what works by now and stick with it all the time.
Do you think our opponents also know what is working for us and plan around stopping it?

I have an idea. Why don’t we just run the exact same plays we ran against Minnesota from the 1st to 4th quarter. That formula worked.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the reverse either, for the most part. That said, it actually did work the first time, so you can't say it never does. But he definitely goes back to the well too soon.
A reverse should be, at most, a tiny part of your playbook.

Londonboy

Reaction score
It's not the person catching the screen that's the problem, IMO. It's the fact that we put that person out on an island, and expect him to just make defenders miss, with no blocking. By the time the receiver gets the ball, there's already someone on top of him, most of the time.
Is a screen a screen if there are no blockers?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No such thing. Doing it too often and ruining drives because of it is the problem
And doing it twice in a row from your own end of the field, followed by running it on 4th down doesn't make it any more appetizing.

Londonboy

Reaction score
This fanbase after a comfy win.
ContentThriftyDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
And doing it twice in a row from your own end of the field, followed by running it on 4th down doesn't make it any more appetizing.
That was the dumbest playcalling on 2nd/3rd and short I've ever seen in my life. It was almost as if he was deliberately trying to keep the game close.

What I really want to know is, DID WE LEARN ANYTHING?

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Do you think our opponents also know what is working for us and plan around stopping it?

I have an idea. Why don’t we just run the exact same plays we ran against Minnesota from the 1st to 4th quarter. That formula worked.
If they can't stop you running the ball, why stop it. LOL. That just dumb, that Moore at times.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the reverse either, for the most part. That said, it actually did work the first time, so you can't say it never does. But he definitely goes back to the well too soon.
Yes, and I knew that first one that worked with Lamb was just gong to encourage Moore to do more later, LOL

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score

Of course you cater your gameplan to your opponent, but it isn't all that difficult a concept to grasp that you can expose the deficiencies of your opponent while still maintaining a consistent run/pass balance.

Rather than passing more because NY had a weakness at corner, you continue to run, force the safeties up to the line, and hit them hard over the top when the opportunity presents itself. This forces the safeties to pick their poison, either creep up or play deep, which opens up opportunities across the middle.

The run game was very effective in the first half, and moving away from it allowed NY to hang around. The thing is, if you're running effectively, you don't have to pass the ball...at all, really...until the guys on the other side adjust, which is when you exploit their secondary and light them up.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You knew right when that first Lamb run worked well right in the beginning that he was going to call a bunch of those stupid reverses and trick plays that the other team is always waiting for and fools nobody later on and often.

I know what you mean. It was so obvious when Hendershot went into motion on our last TD that he was getting the ball. The Giants had at least 2 players within 5 yards of him on that play..... stupid Moore. We should just start calling him "Mr. Obvious."

Daillest88

Reaction score
That was the dumbest playcalling on 2nd/3rd and short I've ever seen in my life. It was almost as if he was deliberately trying to keep the game close.

What I really want to know is, DID WE LEARN ANYTHING?
Nope he did this in the first giants game as well. He can’t help himself. He’s done this quite a few times. Our run game is really good. Like you said passed on 2nd and 3rd and decide to pass lol he’s a moron and the freaking trick plays.