Fireside Chat

Londonboy

Reaction score
What you never seem to get...and several of us tried to explain...is that (as CC alluded to) when you make statements regarding fandom, and how those living outside the DFW area are lesser fans, or that those who can't afford to pay for the privelege of spending time with the team are lesser fans, you're being extremely rude and condescending to ALL of those people.

I suggest you try to imagine how much more difficult it is to be a fan of the team, when not surrounded by a vast majority of like minded fans. We can't just walk into a restaurant, store, or bar wearing our gear and expect nothing but nods of approval. We take and return shots frequently, due to our fandom.

Being a Cowboys fan in Cowboys country doesn't make one a better fan. That's easy. Walk into a bar in Philly, DC, NYC, or even New England, Chicago, San Francisco, etc., and maybe you'll come to appreciate what we deal with on a daily basis....for the team we love.
Only a few here have heard of Them, some think They're a touring pom-pom dance ensemble.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What you never seem to get...and several of us tried to explain...is that (as CC alluded to) when you make statements regarding fandom, and how those living outside the DFW area are lesser fans, or that those who can't afford to pay for the privelege of spending time with the team are lesser fans, you're being extremely rude and condescending to ALL of those people.

I suggest you try to imagine how much more difficult it is to be a fan of the team, when not surrounded by a vast majority of like minded fans. We can't just walk into a restaurant, store, or bar wearing our gear and expect nothing but nods of approval. We take and return shots frequently, due to our fandom.

Being a Cowboys fan in Cowboys country doesn't make one a better fan. That's easy. Walk into a bar in Philly, DC, NYC, or even New England, Chicago, San Francisco, etc., and maybe you'll come to appreciate what we deal with on a daily basis....for the team we love.
Obviously my lashing back to the attacks I took was well done. It hit a nerve deeply. That provides me some comfort after how I was ganged up on.

I mentioned several times about the travels I took with the team how I grew to appreciate afar fans. Some of the greatest fans I know to date.

That forum is the first place or time I’ve ever been associated with anything Cowboys where I wasn’t mutually respected despite my opinions or criticism because there was never any doubt of my passion.

The fact my fandom was ever called out placed me against the wall and I lashed out where I could hurt the most. By elevating my fandom above yours.

And while I’ve never lived in enemy territory except one year in San Diego where there actually was a lot of Cowboy fans I’ve been to many opposing venues like in NY, Philly, Wash and SF where I took much abuse.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I was mentioned in this thread in a derrogative way and felt it needed a response. Otherwise I wouldn’t have inserted myself.

I’d like nothing more to move on but obviously they’ll never get over it. As a result it makes me very happy that forum was shut down.
You said previously that this is where You come to talk about nothing, I've never known You to come here, why do You care if somebody in this zone says something bad about You?
It kinda looks like You're missing the old days and hunting through threads for reasons to be a Martyr.
If You wanted nothing more than to move on, wouldn't it have made more sense to ignore it and say nothing on a thread that You are already saying nothing on?

Xelda

Reaction score
At least 99% of us are Cowboy fans here. We shouldn't argue the fact or compare ourselves to other fans. I'm sorry you feel the need to defend yourself, Diehard. As Runny mentioned, it is harder to represent the Boys in other places. I've had my car keyed before and the only thing I could think of was a rabid Saints fan, but I still enjoy the game in which we ripped them a new one. I got my car repainted. I had a case of road rage against me last year in which the police had to intervene. I didn't do anything to the guy and we were in too much traffic for me to speed up. I was upset after that and took the star off the back window and plate off the front of my car. Louisiana doesn't require two license plates, so we put what we want up front. I finally got the courage up to put my Cowboys plate back on last month. None of this makes me a better fan than anyone else. I'm happy to share my love for my team with the people here and glad to have more rabid Cowboy fans join in on the fun.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Obviously my lashing back to the attacks I took was well done. It hit a nerve deeply. That provides me some comfort after how I was ganged up on.

I mentioned several times about the travels I took with the team how I grew to appreciate afar fans. Some of the greatest fans I know to date.

That forum is the first place or time I’ve ever been associated with anything Cowboys where I wasn’t mutually respected despite my opinions or criticism because there was never any doubt of my passion.

The fact my fandom was ever called out placed me against the wall and I lashed out where I could hurt the most. By elevating my fandom above yours.

And while I’ve never lived in enemy territory except one year in San Diego where there actually was a lot of Cowboy fans I’ve been to many opposing venues like in NY, Philly, Wash and SF where I took much abuse.
What you still fail to understand is that some of us had no problem with you, until you started making generalized statements, throwing blanket criticism on everyone who didn't live in the DFW area, or have an excess of money to spend. I've never once read anything about you appreciating "afar fans", and certainly never saw you refer to them as some of the greatest fans you've known.

This "ganging" up mentality you have is crap. It's not ganging up, just because most people disagree with your point of view. It just means that your opinion was in the minority.

Going to other venues gave you a taste of what we go through, and that's a starting point. Now imagine that year round, game or no game, and consider that we continue to show pride for our team, with hats, jerseys, decals on our vehicles, etc. How can you possibly think we're lesser fans?

Please understand Gregg, I don't like being in conflict with other people, especially fellow Cowboys fans (and I don't recall ever questioning your fandom) but you can't just throw a hand grenade into a crowd, then get upset when someone lobs it back at you.

I think you have to admit, I tried several times to explain why you got as much flak as you did, and at times, it seemed like you got it. Maybe some day.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You said previously that this is where You come to talk about nothing, I've never known You to come here, why do You care if somebody in this zone says something bad about You?
It kinda looks like You're missing the old days and hunting through threads for reasons to be a Martyr.
If You wanted nothing more than to move on, wouldn't it have made more sense to ignore it and say nothing on a thread that You are already saying nothing on?
So , they aren’t ready to move on still mentioning me but if I respond then I’m not moving on? Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What you still fail to understand is that some of us had no problem with you, until you started making generalized statements, throwing blanket criticism on everyone who didn't live in the DFW area, or have an excess of money to spend. I've never once read anything about you appreciating "afar fans", and certainly never saw you refer to them as some of the greatest fans you've known.

This "ganging" up mentality you have is crap. It's not ganging up, just because most people disagree with your point of view. It just means that your opinion was in the minority.

Going to other venues gave you a taste of what we go through, and that's a starting point. Now imagine that year round, game or no game, and consider that we continue to show pride for our team, with hats, jerseys, decals on our vehicles, etc. How can you possibly think we're lesser fans?

Please understand Gregg, I don't like being in conflict with other people, especially fellow Cowboys fans (and I don't recall ever questioning your fandom) but you can't just throw a hand grenade into a crowd, then get upset when someone lobs it back at you.

I think you have to admit, I tried several times to explain why you got as much flak as you did, and at times, it seemed like you got it. Maybe some day.
You weren’t around for the first shots fired. The only grenade I threw was in the Cowboys forum attacking Jerry and related subjects.

I was attacked from that point . They argued my opinion at first but then became frustrated as I didnt retreat pursuing my assault on Jerry, etc and they begun personal attacks.Then I fired back at them. I’m not sure you get it.

I totally understand why I recieve the flak I do. They picked on the wrong Diehard. I fought back viciously.

Londonboy

Reaction score
So , they aren’t ready to move on still mentioning me but if I respond then I’m not moving on? Lol
What does it matter what They're ready to do?
If others dictate Your actions, You are allowing Yourself to be a slave to Their whims, perhaps You should aim higher.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never expected Cowboy fans to defend Jerry. I’m aquainted with hundreds of fans and can maybe count less than a handful who’d defend Jerry but for the first time since Jimmy left I was up against a gang of homers who didn’t appreciate my attacks on Jerry. And begun insulting me after becoming exhausted with the debate.

Remember I came on the forum in 2008 to promote boycotting the Cowboys financially after giving up my season tickets not giving into Jerry raping the long time supporters at Texas Stadium.

I was shocked by the opponents I came up against after having thousands of fellow season ticket holders supporting my boycott. And then my fandom was challenged after they became frustrated . I unleashed on them.

It is what it is. If some of them which only one or two of them I’ve seen in this forum wants to apologize I’m a big enough man to return it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What does it matter what They're ready to do?
If others dictate Your actions, You are allowing Yourself to be a slave to Their whims, perhaps You should aim higher.
The Internet allows us all to slither in the mud together. I’ll let it go when they do. But if they continue to bait then I’ll lower myself to their level. It adds to my post count. Lol

Londonboy

Reaction score
The Internet allows us all to slither in the mud together. I’ll let it go when they do. But if they continue to bait then I’ll lower myself to their level. It adds to my post count. Lol
Well, I tied, You've effectively appointed Yourself as the PJG's Official Dancing Monkey, Anybody who's bored can simply poke You with a stick and watch You dance and caper about, since Martyrdom seems to be Your thing, Everybody should be happy.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're diggin' up bones here and not getting past this and it will serve no purpose.

But I will end my part of this with one error on your part Greg. It was not in retaliation that you ranked some members fanhood, it was a preemptive strike. It had to do with the financial ability and location and while I never got into it with you, you doubted my fanhood because I decided not to watch the SB. That is filtering fanhood through your own filter and while that didn't piss me off, I could see how some of the others would be angry.

You have never lived among the enemy and until 1988, neither had I and I can tell you that is a completely different animal and if it is anybody that should be ranking fanhood, and none should, it is those fans. Not many people are going to comment on anyone wearing their colors in home territory but hang out in the East cities or anywhere else where the most polarized team in sports is hated and you will hear different.

Like I said, I am done with this because all it does is bring up old business and you are never going to accept you were not the cornered victim until you accept that you tossed the first grenade. The incessant hatin' on Booger wasn't the catalyst that you think it was. But nothing is going to become of this except old arguments and as you have admitted, you like that and even take pride in it. But this is an old argument that is not going to get resolved here and it has no place here. This was a new start for everyone. Everyone except me, that is. I am still a cantankerous curmudgeony old codger with a "hey you posters, get off my thread" attitude..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I tied, You've effectively appointed Yourself as the PJG's Official Dancing Monkey, Anybody who's bored can simply poke You with a stick and watch You dance and caper about, since Martyrdom seems to be Your thing, Everybody should be happy.
Caper about? I love capers, the edible ones and acts of skullduggery but did not know caper could be a verb as well. I must know more because I may have been capering about and didn't realize it. And the PJG may need a Sergeant-at-Capers. Shame Greg can't take that because he doesn't show up in Nothing Threads unless he is mentioned and I tried to tell him it was nothing. Hence, the thread.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We're diggin' up bones here and not getting past this and it will serve no purpose.

But I will end my part of this with one error on your part Greg. It was not in retaliation that you ranked some members fanhood, it was a preemptive strike. It had to do with the financial ability and location and while I never got into it with you, you doubted my fanhood because I decided not to watch the SB. That is filtering fanhood through your own filter and while that didn't piss me off, I could see how some of the others would be angry.

You have never lived among the enemy and until 1988, neither had I and I can tell you that is a completely different animal and if it is anybody that should be ranking fanhood, and none should, it is those fans. Not many people are going to comment on anyone wearing their colors in home territory but hang out in the East cities or anywhere else where the most polarized team in sports is hated and you will hear different.

Like I said, I am done with this because all it does is bring up old business and you are never going to accept you were not the cornered victim until you accept that you tossed the first grenade. The incessant hatin' on Booger wasn't the catalyst that you think it was. But nothing is going to become of this except old arguments and as you have admitted, you like that and even take pride in it. But this is an old argument that is not going to get resolved here and it has no place here. This was a new start for everyone. Everyone except me, that is. I am still a cantankerous curmudgeony old codger with a "hey you posters, get off my thread" attitude..
Again. It all started with me attacking Jerry and then they becoming frustrated and attacking me. If you count that as first blood then fine but I was allowed to attack anything Cowboy without taking personal insults and questioning my fandom.

Yes, I fought back ranking fandom elevating myself above them. I’m sure they’d taken on critics before attacking them but none probably went after their fandom like I did. I thought it was very effective defense against bullying. Ha

kskboys

Reaction score
I never expected Cowboy fans to defend Jerry. I’m aquainted with hundreds of fans and can maybe count less than a handful who’d defend Jerry but for the first time since Jimmy left I was up against a gang of homers who didn’t appreciate my attacks on Jerry. And begun insulting me after becoming exhausted with the debate.

Remember I came on the forum in 2008 to promote boycotting the Cowboys financially after giving up my season tickets not giving into Jerry raping the long time supporters at Texas Stadium.

I was shocked by the opponents I came up against after having thousands of fellow season ticket holders supporting my boycott. And then my fandom was challenged after they became frustrated . I unleashed on them.

It is what it is. If some of them which only one or two of them I’ve seen in this forum wants to apologize I’m a big enough man to return it.
I think you need to let it go and move on.

Because the perps were/are simply toying w/ you.

kskboys

Reaction score
Again. It all started with me attacking Jerry and then they becoming frustrated and attacking me. If you count that as first blood then fine but I was allowed to attack anything Cowboy without taking personal insults and questioning my fandom.

Yes, I fought back ranking fandom elevating myself above them. I’m sure they’d taken on critics before attacking them but none probably went after their fandom like I did. I thought it was very effective defense against bullying. Ha
It wasn't. Because they don't care.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Bullying"..........It's like the little brother who starts a fight with his big brother, then when big brother hits him back, he runs and tells his mother,"Johnny's picking on me!"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think you need to let it go and move on.

Because the perps were/are simply toying w/ you.
of course .. and why I don’t regret elevating my fandom above them.

At first I thought they were idiot fans and was trying to inform them then I realized they didn’t care. And it was only a small group. Interestingly most didn’t make the trip over.

I was too serious a fan for them. They could only dream of the experiences I had. I was on a mission to plant my seed and spin my narrative.

Fortunately most of my experiences were good and enjoyed those fans which all made the trip over. It was my first experience in a chat forum in that type of setting. I hadn’t even joined FB then.

My fighter instincts kicked in and the rhetoric created something much more than I intended. Much of the personal aspects I regret sharing but I truly thought explaining my situation would help. Naive on my part and inexperience of Internet.

Most of it should have never been allowed and wouldn’t in a forum like this here. In the end it ruined that forum and was its undoing.

Last edited:

Londonboy

Reaction score

Perhaps if You repeated this just once more, We'll all suddenly have a lightbulb moment and realise how amazingly wonderful You truly are.