Fireside Chat

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And that favoritism or clique in the other forum which fed main forum partly led to its demise once the new Admin came in to clean up. The Mods played to the Homers. Once that stopped and Romo was done traffic slowed greatly there. There were some good Mods there and I see they made trip and contributing. The others who were part of the problem haven’t.

If you want to chat about nothing this forum has a place for it. That’s fine. That’s partly why this forum is more intimidating to some. More serious discussions, less trolling and very low tolerance for personal insults or bullying. You have to actually argue the subject and stay on subject. Amazing concept .. lol

There’s several good members from DC forum that are great Cowboy fans and why they’re here. I’m glad to see they made the trip and I see they are regular contributors on main forum.
Yep but we're still missing a few.

As far as the personal insults, I disagree. I've seen some out there be downright personally insulting and calling others stupid. And they're not part of the same posse and just screwing around.

Greg, still not giving you that additional g, you played THE victim over there and then got mad when they didn't come to your aid. It wasn't what you were saying that caused that, it was the repetition of that over time that caused some to react. And while you love this place, let me ask you how many you've told they weren't worthy of being fans based on your own criteria of location, investment or time. You do that over here with some of these trigger pullers and it will be worse here.

I love ya man and enjoy your posting but you complained about a war that you helped start, that's why the mods didn't ride in and that pissed you off. Each forum has/had something different to offer and I am probably in the minority because I liked both.

And I am pissed at the bolded up there. This isn't chatting about nothing just because it doesn't interest you. What you call something some of us call nothing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep but we're still missing a few.

As far as the personal insults, I disagree. I've seen some out there be downright personally insulting and calling others stupid. And they're not part of the same posse and just screwing around.

Greg, still not giving you that additional g, you played THE victim over there and then got mad when they didn't come to your aid. It wasn't what you were saying that caused that, it was the repetition of that over time that caused some to react. And while you love this place, let me ask you how many you've told they weren't worthy of being fans based on your own criteria of location, investment or time. You do that over here with some of these trigger pullers and it will be worse here.

I love ya man and enjoy your posting but you complained about a war that you helped start, that's why the mods didn't ride in and that pissed you off. Each forum has/had something different to offer and I am probably in the minority because I liked both.

And I am pissed at the bolded up there. This isn't chatting about nothing just because it doesn't interest you. What you call something some of us call nothing.
I haven’t had anyone here question or challenge my fandom like over there. That’s when I unloaded. That’s the mistake they made with me after becoming frustrated with my Relentless pursuit. I don’t regret fighting back. Sometimes the push went further than needed.

I had an incident early on here but the Adm immediately intervened. And no issues of significance since. That’s the difference in how this forum is ran. Hands on Adm and rules enforced.

This forum is controlled from the onset limiting post and not allowing everyone in . It keeps and or at least controls most of the Trolls and fly byes especially after major events and games.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven’t had anyone here question or challenge my fandom like over there. That’s when I unloaded. That’s the mistake they made with me after becoming frustrated with my Relentless pursuit. I don’t regret fighting back. Sometimes the push went further than needed. You are entitled to disagree and argue my opinions but not my passion for the Cowbo

I had an incident early on here but the Adm immediately intervened. And no issues of significance since. That’s the difference in how this forum is ran. Hands on Adm and rules enforced.

This forum is controlled from the onset limiting post and not allowing everyone in . It keeps and or at least controls most of the Trolls and fly byes especially after major events and games.
It wasn't just your relentless pursuit that caused the backlash, it was that ranking of fanhood that set most off. Especially those outside the state. Some took offense that if they couldn't afford to follow the team as you did, they didn't rank as highly on the fan scale. I did not take it as they did but I could see how they could.

But that was then and this is now so that's ancient history. I doubt another Cowboys site is going to spring up and challenge this one, I've been to another and it's a little too quiet, just how they want it.

These Zones where we discuss nothing is the best thing going for some of us.

Londonboy

Reaction score
When I came here 1st time I agreed to bury all arguments and disagreements from the old site.
Now I'm here permanently, that still stands.
Re-hashing past problems just creates new ones.
Heck, I haven't even mentioned cousin Ellick.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It wasn't just your relentless pursuit that caused the backlash, it was that ranking of fanhood that set most off. Especially those outside the state. Some took offense that if they couldn't afford to follow the team as you did, they didn't rank as highly on the fan scale. I did not take it as they did but I could see how they could.

But that was then and this is now so that's ancient history. I doubt another Cowboys site is going to spring up and challenge this one, I've been to another and it's a little too quiet, just how they want it.

These Zones where we discuss nothing is the best thing going for some of us.
I understand but like I said challenging my fandom forced the issue. They drew first blood. They picked the wrong Diehard to question.

Blogging the boys is too quiet. It’s informative and I even have an aquantence who writes there but I seldom post.

I initially came on 10 years ago to sound off about Jerry and it grew into something else.

These nothing zones not much interest to me until I was mentioned.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I understand but like I said challenging my fandom forced the issue. They drew first blood. They picked the wrong Diehard to question.

Blogging the boys is too quiet. It’s informative and I even have an aquantence who writes there but I seldom post.

I initially came on 10 years ago to sound off about Jerry and it grew into something else.

These nothing zones not much interest to me until I was mentioned.

Ya know, I really never got that about some of those who frequented the forum on DC.com.

When I first signed up for the original FanZone forum, it was 85% talking about football, and the rest just idle chit-chat. Once they moved to that god awful format where us mods had no authority, that's when everything started going downhill. Wasn't like that on the old forum because we were given more leeway to enforce the rules.

Even when they moved to that last forum format, the bickering continued because of the culture the other forum bread. Plus, we couldn't moderate anymore. We were just babysitters; which is why I stepped down.

When on a forum such as this, you need to respect the forum rules and the people that volunteer their time moderating and managing the forum, as well as respect the other person on the other end. It's pretty much that simple. You don't want to treat, or be treated like that in person, so why would anyone think it's ok to do on the internet? It boggles my mind.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ya know, I really never got that about some of those who frequented the forum on DC.com.

When I first signed up for the original FanZone forum, it was 85% talking about football, and the rest just idle chit-chat. Once they moved to that god awful format where us mods had no authority, that's when everything started going downhill. Wasn't like that on the old forum because we were given more leeway to enforce the rules.

Even when they moved to that last forum format, the bickering continued because of the culture the other forum bread. Plus, we couldn't moderate anymore. We were just babysitters; which is why I stepped down.

When on a forum such as this, you need to respect the forum rules and the people that volunteer their time moderating and managing the forum, as well as respect the other person on the other end. It's pretty much that simple. You don't want to treat, or be treated like that in person, so why would anyone think it's ok to do on the internet? It boggles my mind.
I agree, but if someone at work was condescending toward me, then played the victim when my words were more effective than his, I wouldn't let up for a second.

A certain someone was given chance after chance to stop being a tool, and he'd back off for a day or two, then go right back to being a condescending tool.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree, but if someone at work was condescending toward me, then played the victim when my words were more effective than his, I wouldn't let up for a second.

A certain someone was given chance after chance to stop being a tool, and he'd back off for a day or two, then go right back to being a condescending tool.
Like I always maintained. The rules allowed us to attack anything related to the Cowboys without being personally attacked or insulted and most fans simply couldn’t control themselves.

And I would return the attack. Some fans couldn’t handle my attacks whether it was Jerry or Romo and became frustrated with my relentless pursuit falling victim to personal attacks.

If you were there from the beginning you’d know and they do that the homers led by The Emperor couldn’t handle it and resorted to personal attacks which I responded with my arrogant self righteous condescending attack on their fandom.

It hit a nerve with them and they never forgot. I backed off until they started in again. Like I said I didn’t draw first blood . They considered I did by attacking different aspects of the Cowboys.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Like I always maintained. The rules allowed us to attack anything related to the Cowboys without being personally attacked or insulted and most fans simply couldn’t control themselves.

And I would return the attack. Some fans couldn’t handle my attacks whether it was Jerry or Romo and became frustrated with my relentless pursuit falling victim to personal attacks.

If you were there from the beginning you’d know and they do that the homers led by The Emperor couldn’t handle it and resorted to personal attacks which I responded with my arrogant self righteous condescending attack on their fandom.

It hit a nerve with them and they never forgot. I backed off until they started in again. Like I said I didn’t draw first blood . They considered I did by attacking different aspects of the Cowboys.
Greg, You and I agreed to leave old arguments behind when We came here.
That's been honoured by Us both, which I'm glad about.
But I have to ask, why are You bringing this up again?
Are You feeling nostalgic?
Or do You feel that Somebody is attacking You?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Greg, You and I agreed to leave old arguments behind when We came here.
That's been honoured by Us both, which I'm glad about.
But I have to ask, why are You bringing this up again?
Are You feeling nostalgic?
Or do You feel that Somebody is attacking You?
I was mentioned in this thread in a derrogative way and felt it needed a response. Otherwise I wouldn’t have inserted myself.

I’d like nothing more to move on but obviously they’ll never get over it. As a result it makes me very happy that forum was shut down.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

What you never seem to get...and several of us tried to explain...is that (as CC alluded to) when you make statements regarding fandom, and how those living outside the DFW area are lesser fans, or that those who can't afford to pay for the privelege of spending time with the team are lesser fans, you're being extremely rude and condescending to ALL of those people.

I suggest you try to imagine how much more difficult it is to be a fan of the team, when not surrounded by a vast majority of like minded fans. We can't just walk into a restaurant, store, or bar wearing our gear and expect nothing but nods of approval. We take and return shots frequently, due to our fandom.

Being a Cowboys fan in Cowboys country doesn't make one a better fan. That's easy. Walk into a bar in Philly, DC, NYC, or even New England, Chicago, San Francisco, etc., and maybe you'll come to appreciate what we deal with on a daily basis....for the team we love.