Fireside Chat

ESisback

Reaction score
43Harris43.. wow. I don't know how many PMs I got from members wanting me to remove him because they felt he was a Giants fan. It got to be ridiculous. The guy didn't break any rules but was constantly being verbally beat up. You wanna talk about questioning someone's fanhood. If I wanted, I could have given a timeout to at least a dozen people for breaking the rules, yet I didn't. The problem was, they didn't get the fact that they were breaking rules and wanted someone who wasn't removed because he was an odd poster.

I gotta hand it to the guy, he kept coming back. That to me is more a sign of a diehard (no pun intended Gregg) fan than someone who continuously bashes Jerry, the coaching staff and/or the players.

Quick, I agree with your last paragraph, but I think many saw him as someone who’s number one priority was getting people jacked up. I say a ton of absurd things myself, mostly for yuks, but everyone has different interpretations on the internet.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know, there were several posters who got very upset whenever he came around.
LMAO, as fast as they would respond to one of his threads, they were just lying in wait for him.

I tell ya though, between ES and my ribbing him about living in his Mom's basement, he was a good sport. I even got a Like and LOL from him one time.

And the Mods would tell the populace every time "stop reacting" but they didn't. We fed his need. My only complaint was he'd do drive by's and not hang around for the jousting. I don't think he was up for the throw down as he seldom had good comebacks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
43Harris43.. wow. I don't know how many PMs I got from members wanting me to remove him because they felt he was a Giants fan. It got to be ridiculous. The guy didn't break any rules but was constantly being verbally beat up. You wanna talk about questioning someone's fanhood. If I wanted, I could have given a timeout to at least a dozen people for breaking the rules, yet I didn't. The problem was, they didn't get the fact that they were breaking rules and wanted someone who wasn't removed because he was an odd poster.

I gotta hand it to the guy, he kept coming back. That to me is more a sign of a diehard (no pun intended Gregg) fan than someone who continuously bashes Jerry, the coaching staff and/or the players.
He held his own but he really didn't get into the banter much. He'd just set the fire and let the posters fan the flames.

What I always liked about him was that he would do enough research to have some validity and he'd hit a nerve with the optimists. He'd call the baby ugly without really coming out and saying it.

The crazy thing about it was he would return to comment on how much action he was getting in his thread, bragging about his effectiveness and they'd still go at him.

Ya know, 43Harris wasn't the problem. The problem started with a certain poster showing up in disguise with a double account posing as her brother. That's when it started downhill for me and the Admin came into the forum with a pretty heavy hand on some posters. However, I LMAO over Don's duel with her. He was in rare form. He was at some hotel and they wouldn't give him any utensils and she showed up at the wrong time. I had this visual of Don, hunkered down in the corner of his hotel room eating a chicken pot pie with his hands with one eye on his laptop and She showed up and he scurried over and began typing, getting little carrots and peas all over his keyboard. One eye twitching like Inspector Dreyfus in The Pink Panther.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LMAO, as fast as they would respond to one of his threads, they were just lying in wait for him.

I tell ya though, between ES and my ribbing him about living in his Mom's basement, he was a good sport. I even got a Like and LOL from him one time.

And the Mods would tell the populace every time "stop reacting" but they didn't. We fed his need. My only complaint was he'd do drive by's and not hang around for the jousting. I don't think he was up for the throw down as he seldom had good comebacks.
It was as if he just wanted to throw a soft pitch over the middle and see who could hit it the farthest.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He held his own but he really didn't get into the banter much. He'd just set the fire and let the posters fan the flames.

What I always liked about him was that he would do enough research to have some validity and he'd hit a nerve with the optimists. He'd call the baby ugly without really coming out and saying it.

The crazy thing about it was he would return to comment on how much action he was getting in his thread, bragging about his effectiveness and they'd still go at him.

Ya know, 43Harris wasn't the problem. The problem started with a certain poster showing up in disguise with a double account posing as her brother. That's when it started downhill for me and the Admin came into the forum with a pretty heavy hand on some posters. However, I LMAO over Don's duel with her. He was in rare form. He was at some hotel and they wouldn't give him any utensils and she showed up at the wrong time. I had this visual of Don, hunkered down in the corner of his hotel room eating a chicken pot pie with his hands with one eye on his laptop and She showed up and he scurried over and began typing, getting little carrots and peas all over his keyboard. One eye twitching like Inspector Dreyfus in The Pink Panther.
That was really the beginning of the end. When the wicked witch of the west came swooping in and laid down the law. It didn't sit well with some of the regulars. But, we did have a lot of fun over the years on a few different forum versions. And look, we're still together for the most part. I've half expected our certain poster to return. How can one just stop getting attention from a pretty (made up) profile pic?

"The topic of the day." Never forget.
Making it rain with your host: Pacman Jones. Stripper poles. Inny and outie belly buttons. And of course the infamous bacon. Hell of a time to be alive.

That's why I was giddy on the last forum when they converted my "G2's fireside chat" to an actual forum! Hopefully this thread brings us all together like in the old country.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was really the beginning of the end. When the wicked witch of the west came swooping in and laid down the law. It didn't sit well with some of the regulars. But, we did have a lot of fun over the years on a few different forum versions. And look, we're still together for the most part. I've half expected our certain poster to return. How can one just stop getting attention from a pretty (made up) profile pic?

"The topic of the day." Never forget.
Making it rain with your host: Pacman Jones. Stripper poles. Inny and outie belly buttons. And of course the infamous bacon. Hell of a time to be alive.

That's why I was giddy on the last forum when they converted my "G2's fireside chat" to an actual forum! Hopefully this thread brings us all together like in the old country.
I didn't make it out of the regular forum enough because I was screwing around out there in gen pop but we had some really fun times and I think that time you, the Gip, primetime00, Quick and I and few others were messing around with the bacon and stripper poles brought more of our ilk into the forum. Most were thinking 'hell, I can do that'.

One of the funniest things was when we had the bacon thread and someone started another titled "All These Posts About Bacon", not satisfied with just bacon, he wanted to discuss the posts about bacon. Some never really got into the whole bacon thing.

Gman, you know the best part? We're just a bunch of kids again, screwing around and trying to stay out of detention. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, just knew I didn't want to, so I didn't. I think my Mom and wife gave up on raising me.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I didn't make it out of the regular forum enough because I was screwing around out there in gen pop but we had some really fun times and I think that time you, the Gip, primetime00, Quick and I and few others were messing around with the bacon and stripper poles brought more of our ilk into the forum. Most were thinking 'hell, I can do that'.

One of the funniest things was when we had the bacon thread and someone started another titled "All These Posts About Bacon", not satisfied with just bacon, he wanted to discuss the posts about bacon. Some never really got into the whole bacon thing.

Gman, you know the best part? We're just a bunch of kids again, screwing around and trying to stay out of detention. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, just knew I didn't want to, so I didn't. I think my Mom and wife gave up on raising me.
Since Bacon is an English euphemism, I was a bit shocked at first

Londonboy

Reaction score
HA, we were into the real thing, no euphemisms for us. If your shock wore off, we failed you.
I remember I was a Newbie, Somebody made a fairly innocuous point and got "BACON" as a response.
I wondered what I'd signed up for, but stuck around to see where it went, pretty soon it was raining bacon from all angles, since no one appeared to be offended, I concluded that it wasn't what I'd originally thought.
I requested an explanation and one was duly provided, unfortunately, Gip was the one providing the explanation, which only served to deepen My befuddlement.
Further clarification was sought and again the kindly Gip replied, which, of course, changed My befuddlement to outright perplexity.
The matter was finally resolved when a Golden Hearted Lady (Who's anonymity I shall protect) took pity on the Newbie and PM'd Him an explanation.

There You have it, My official contribution to nostalgia week.

kskboys

Reaction score
Quick, I agree with your last paragraph, but I think many saw him as someone who’s number one priority was getting people jacked up. I say a ton of absurd things myself, mostly for yuks, but everyone has different interpretations on the internet.
But it wasn't. He was simply a weird dude w/ weird thoughts.

kskboys

Reaction score

Did you know they never even warned us mods that an admin was coming in? We had no idea whatsoever. And I got a 24 from her myself!!!!