Fireside Chat

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm also a huge Carpenters fan!!!!!! She has/had the best pure voice I've ever heard.

Easy don't even come close to describin' it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The clarity of her voice is astounding, crystal clear. And her brother, Richard, is a very accomplished pianist.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I thought that's why you started it. I know I've never started one with the intent of staying on track.

I may hold the record on the old site. I started one and immediately jacked it before anyone could respond. Wasn't intentional but I was proud just the same.
In my opinion you're the godfather

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm also a huge Carpenters fan!!!!!! She has/had the best pure voice I've ever heard.

Easy don't even come close to describin' it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed. "Pure" is how I always describe her voice. Like the ringing of a crystal champagne glass.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes Poobah is probably a more apt description and I don't want to go out being chased by my grandson with a bug sprayer with a slice of orange in my mouth. Very undignified.
Is that less dignified than gettin' caught makin' out w/ your sister?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An apt description I heard was "velvety".
Ya know how they got their start? Jingles, "We've Only Just Begun" was a bank jingle and the radio stations were getting requests for it. I used to be with a company that created those back in the 70's and our VP/Creative was friends with Richard Carpenter.

Xelda

Reaction score
If you get a chance, try to. I was sitting with friends in Florida and one said time for Breaking Bad. Not my house, so ok. I sat there thinking "this is a man's show" but about half way through the first episode I was hooked. You don't have to wait a week to see what happens next. I won't say anymore in case Streetwise hasn't seen it. You should watch it too, Street! It's not for ksk though, it would just give him ideas.