Fireside Chat

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know what I wonder? Sorry, a little too open ended there. About table manners? Do you think scenes that call for eating in films have them with awful table manners or that's how they really eat? I got so tired of watching Pitt eat a sandwich, I gave up on all the Ocean's as it was in every one of them.

The most recent example is Josh Brolin in W. Which of them was the pig? I got so tried of watching him shoveling it in, before finishing what was already in his mouth, and continuing to talk that I just gave up, wasn't good anyway and I like him a lot. I never heard about W's table manners but there were times Brolin actually waited to take a bite to start talking as if that was important to show.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You know what I wonder? Sorry, a little too open ended there. About table manners? Do you think scenes that call for eating in films have them with awful table manners or that's how they really eat? I got so tired of watching Pitt eat a sandwich, I gave up on all the Ocean's as it was in every one of them.

The most recent example is Josh Brolin in W. Which of them was the pig? I got so tried of watching him shoveling it in, before finishing what was already in his mouth, and continuing to talk that I just gave up, wasn't good anyway and I like him a lot. I never heard about W's table manners but there were times Brolin actually waited to take a bite to start talking as if that was important to show.
It's funny you said Brad Pitt because as I was reading this post he popped in my head. Take a look at all of his other movies. He's always eating stuff. He said in an interview that he invites eating in his roles to make his character seem normal and appealing. I noticed it and it did the opposite.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny you said Brad Pitt because as I was reading this post he popped in my head. Take a look at all of his other movies. He's always eating stuff. He said in an interview that he invites eating in his roles to make his character seem normal and appealing. I noticed it and it did the opposite.
It just bothers some people more than others but it annoys the hell out of me. The dinosaurs in all the Jurassic Park movies have better manners.

IF I were locked in a room with a smacker, that would be my defense against a homicide charge. Not Guilty because of smacking.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It just bothers some people more than others but it annoys the hell out of me. The dinosaurs in all the Jurassic Park movies have better manners.

IF I were locked in a room with a smacker, that would be my defense against a homicide charge. Not Guilty because of smacking.
Agreed. I can't stand crap table manners. I don't want to see or hear someone eating. And if you talk during you're nothing more than a knuckle dragging mouth breather.
It's like crappy drivers. They don't care about anyone but themselves.
"I feel murder is justified your honor."

Xelda

Reaction score

I agree 100% so I would be willing to serve as your lawyer.
Agreed. I can't stand crap table manners. I don't want to see or hear someone eating. And if you talk during you're nothing more than a knuckle dragging mouth breather.
It's like crappy drivers. They don't care about anyone but themselves.
"I feel murder is justified your honor."
Here's an understanding and under the table paid witness (in good standing with the law) or I can serve as your lawyer too.

Here I was thinking the smacking debate had come to an abrupt end. It's something that never ceases to unnerve me. If I have to eat something loud, the TV volume must up. I don't want to hear myself eat! We know there are loud foods, but the oblivious smackers are out there just waiting to sit down across from us. I went out to eat last night and the manager walked up to ask how my food was right after I'd taken a bite. I just looked up at him and nodded. I think they do it on purpose so they don't have to answer any questions.

I was watching a deli meat commercial and the woman's mouth slipped open. I'm thinking, that was a small bite! Keep your lips together! The worst is the commercials that advertise how crunchy their foods are. The man and his daughter fishing while he's chomping away. She goes "Dude! You're scaring the fish away." I would be "DUDE! Take your noisy assed bowl of pinecones and go sit way the hell over there."

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree 100% so I would be willing to serve as your lawyer.

Here's an understanding and under the table paid witness (in good standing with the law) or I can serve as your lawyer too.

Here I was thinking the smacking debate had come to an abrupt end. It's something that never ceases to unnerve me. If I have to eat something loud, the TV volume must up. I don't want to hear myself eat! We know there are loud foods, but the oblivious smackers are out there just waiting to sit down across from us. I went out to eat last night and the manager walked up to ask how my food was right after I'd taken a bite. I just looked up at him and nodded. I think they do it on purpose so they don't have to answer any questions.

I was watching a deli meat commercial and the woman's mouth slipped open. I'm thinking, that was a small bite! Keep your lips together! The worst is the commercials that advertise how crunchy their foods are. The man and his daughter fishing while he's chomping away. She goes "Dude! You're scaring the fish away." I would be "DUDE! Take your noisy assed bowl of pinecones and go sit way the hell over there."
I wonder if some people are eating rocks

Xelda

Reaction score
I wonder if some people are eating rocks
If they ate rocks, then the horrific crunching would turn into the equally horrific slapping of their lips, gums and tongue together and apart, together and apart, together and apart.... STOP THE MADNESS!!!! I have to say this was one of my first pet peeves and I never out grew it. If they smacked on the first date, it was over.

Xelda

Reaction score
Seen at Coach's house:
Screen-Shot-2018-01-23-at-12.35.27-PM.png

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't think anyone's ever done that to me.....Then again, everyone who knows me knows how easily annoyed I am, and also how much I hate talking on the phone. lol
I'm the same way, I hate talking on the phone. A guy I work with is the opposite. Not only does he love to make phone calls and gab, but he does it on speaker phone on every call. No matter who it is. It makes me want to pull a breaker.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm the same way, I hate talking on the phone. A guy I work with is the opposite. Not only does he love to make phone calls and gab, but he does it on speaker phone on every call. No matter who it is. It makes me want to pull a breaker.
and shove it down his throat!

Reactions: G2