Fireside Chat

Londonboy

Reaction score
No way! We're going to have fun!!!!! There will be drinking, luaus and Saturday night we perform skits from Mama Mia. Coach will lead the chorus and he'd better not try and slip any Van Halen into it next time.
"Mama Mia! Here we go again. My my, I can't drive 55!"
(We're on to him. We've already told him to hang his chaps up.)
That's how it will start, but CC will forget to ask the Boat to come back to pick Us up.
The Conversation will then go :

"Not to worry, We have the emergency Radio, it's brand new, state-of-the art and can run off of Batteries or generator"
"Good, let's hook it up to the generator"
"Did You bring a generator?"
"I thought You were bringing one"
"No, I thought You were"
"DID ANYONE BRING A GENERATOR?"

silence

"O.K, not to worry, We'll have to use the batteries"
"Good, are they already installed?"
"Of course they are, it came with batteries fitted"
"Are You sure? did You check?"
"Why would I do that? it's an emergency radio, of course it comes with batteries"

sounds of opening back of radio

"{Name Delete} You dozy {Invective Deleted} there are no batteries inside! how are We getting out of here?"
"No worries, Somebody sail past soon and We'll flag 'em down"

From there it's a disturbingly short trip to anarchy and cannibalism.

ESisback

Reaction score
That's how it will start, but CC will forget to ask the Boat to come back to pick Us up.

"Not to worry, We have the emergency Radio, it's brand new, state-of-the art and can run off of Batteries or generator"
"No, I thought You were"

silence

"Why would I do that? it's an emergency radio, of course it comes with batteries"

"{Name Delete} You dozy {Invective Deleted} there are no batteries inside! how are We getting out of here?"

A heartwarming tale! Wasn’t there a movie? Jimmy Stewart? Gregory Peck?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"No, I thought You were"

silence

LMAO

ESisback

Reaction score
That was off his solo album with a great song called "Where Eagles Fly". I am the one person in the world, I think, that actually loved both versions of Van Halen and Sammy as a solo as well.

No, I liked both too! While the original VH had that “spark” that made them iconic (and were my personal fave), Van Hagar was awesome, and a hit machine. For
Unlawful
Carnal
Knowledge
stands out in my memory as a great album. Between radio jobs I managed a Hardee’s in St.College (Penn State), and the 40 minute drive in my 1973 Nova SS was often made with that particular LP blaring in my “hi tech” cassette player. That was right before the nationwide sensation known as Crystal Pepsi...good times...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, I liked both too! While the original VH had that “spark” that made them iconic (and were my personal fave), Van Hagar was awesome, and a hit machine. For
Unlawful
Carnal
Knowledge
stands out in my memory as a great album. Between radio jobs I managed a Hardee’s in St.College (Penn State), and the 40 minute drive in my 1973 Nova SS was often made with that particular LP blaring in my “hi tech” cassette player. That was right before the nationwide sensation known as Crystal Pepsi...good times...
The name of the album was great, but the playlist wasn't all that, other than Pound cake.