First 39 Starts of career- Romo/Prescott

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I believe in one of post I said as a starter and the giants game was the start of him being a starter.

No it wasn't because he got put in at halftime

going in at half-time does not make you the starter no matter how much you wish it were so

HungryLion

Reaction score
Can I remind you that Parcell had a losing record in Dallas. So tell me again about all of the great assistant coaches he hired.

Can I remind you, that he took over a team that was 5-11 for 3 years straight. That had one of the worst rosters in the entire league.

In 4 years he made the playoffs twice, rebuilt the roster into a playoff caliber one, and was part in acquiring and developing a franchise QB. He built the team that went 13-3 the following year with Wade.

So let’s cut the BS, Parcells is the best coach we have had since Jimmy.

landroverking

Reaction score
Time to give it a rest. Romo’s Not coming back and Dak doesn’t have the “it factor “ he may have at one time, but now damaged goods.

btcutter

Reaction score
That is not throwing a receiver open. Throwing a receiver open is a myth. If a receiver has no separation throwing the ball ahead of him is not going to magically get him separation. What Mariotta did was throwing to where he thought and hoped the receivr would be. That works sometimes but we've all seen QB's, even Rodgers, throw where he though the receiver was supposed to be and was. The play may have been drawn up for the receiver to break out and the receiver breaks in and the ball sails out of bounds. Sometimes it's picked off, but throwing to a spot is not always good and bad things have happen because a QB has done that.

Really. What do you call "back shoulder throws", "timing routes", "out routes", "bombs", "fades"........Oh...the famous "Y option" that Witten for which he thrives and going to HOF.

In fact, most of the passes in NFL are based on timing and anticipation. That's most of the top tier QBs. Throwing to actual open WRs....That's college football and lower tier NFL QB.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Really. What do you call "back shoulder throws", "timing routes", "out routes", "bombs", "fades"........Oh...the famous "Y option" that Witten for which he thrives and going to HOF.

In fact, most of the passes in NFL are based on timing and anticipation. That's most of the top tier QBs. Throwing to actual open WRs....That's college football and lower tier NFL QB.

Timing routes, bombs, out routes work IF, that huge word, IF there's separation. If there isn't then you're just throwing into coverage which is usually frowned on.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Can I remind you, that he took over a team that was 5-11 for 3 years straight. That had one of the worst rosters in the entire league.

In 4 years he made the playoffs twice, rebuilt the roster into a playoff caliber one, and was part in acquiring and developing a franchise QB. He built the team that went 13-3 the following year with Wade.

So let’s cut the BS, Parcells is the best coach we have had since Jimmy.

I never said that nor have I ever thought that. In fact I originally said he had a losing record but in fact he had a 34 - 30 record but won no division titles and had 2 2nd finishes and 2 3rd place finishes.