First 8 games of 2017 vs second 8 games

1nfljunky

Reaction score
Sproles was a 34 year old change of pace back who played in a by committee backfield. And they upgraded by getting Ajayi. Can’t even try to compare losing Zeke to losing Sproles
Who did that? You questioned the fact that we lost a “star” RB. And Sproles was. So in your mind a player has to be as good as Zeke to be considered a star? That just silly.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Who did that? You questioned the fact that we lost a “star” RB. And Sproles was. So in your mind a player has to be as good as Zeke to be considered a star? That just silly.

Calling Sproles a star RB at any point during his career, let alone at age 34 in 2017, is downright laughable. I don't even see how an argument could be pieced together to support the Sproles = star opinion.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Calling Sproles a star RB at any point during his career, let alone at age 34 in 2017, is downright laughable. I don't even see how an argument could be pieced together to support the Sproles = star opinion.
Yeah, I can see Sproles being a fan favorite, but star is a head scratcher.

starfan1

Reaction score
honestly if you look at Dak's stat in a vacuum without his name attached to them most would take it. he does need to improve without questions but alot of the criticisms that he receives are from fans still salty Romo didn't get his job back in the 13-3 year.

Dak's accuracy can be pathetic but I get it after that Atlanta game he was very tennative. Regardless this year will be telling. i think those of us who are hopeful that he improves will be satisfied.Those of you who are expecting him to somehow get the accuracy of Tom Brady well your going to be disappointed.

Me ill take his won loss record as I see the playoffs this year

NotForLong

Reaction score
What about the Denver game?

What about the first game of the season against the Giants? Prescott was missing wide open receivers in the endzone and had a couple INTs dropped by the defense... We won , but the offense looked bad.

What about the Cardinals game?
Palmer looked better than Prescott and were it not for 2 plays , Prescott had his career average 150 yard game with no touchdowns and constant three and outs..

In those three games , we were healthy.
In those three games, Dak showed the same warts that he did in the last 8 games of the season..

Am I living in some bizarro universe where these things didn't happen?

Mind boggling..
Don' worry the MVP is working on his mechanics

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak's accuracy can be pathetic but I get it after that Atlanta game he was very tennative. Regardless this year will be telling. i think those of us who are hopeful that he improves will be satisfied.Those of you who are expecting him to somehow get the accuracy of Tom Brady well your going to be disappointed.

Me ill take his won loss record as I see the playoffs this year

Actually the ones who are criticizing his play are the ones who are hoping his play improves. It's the Dak Lovers who will not admit he is not accurate

NotForLong

Reaction score
Was he though? The offense certainly wasn't the same. 28.25 ppg first 8 games. Then Tyron injury and Zeke suspension began and the team averaged 16 ppg. Maybe Dak was the same player, or similar, all season. But this team can win with him as long as the starting line and Zeke are in the fold.
That' not an endorsement for Dak. This team could win with any one at QB with the starting line and Zeke at RB

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
That' not an endorsement for Dak. This team could win with any one at QB with the starting line and Zeke at RB
I honestly don't know what we have in Dak, and nobody else does either. There are times when his mechanics are good and he gets rolling when he looks like a legit star. There are times when his mechanics are off and his accuracy suffers and he looks like a JAG. Anybody who claims all or nothing that they know he's good or bad is guessing. Because the results on the field are legit mixed. What gives me hope is that he's young and should improve. Unlike RGIII he accepts coaching and his work ethic appears to be where it should. It's possible that he will always be inconsistent, but that doesn't make him a bum.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what we have in Dak, and nobody else does either. There are times when his mechanics are good and he gets rolling when he looks like a legit star. There are times when his mechanics are off and his accuracy suffers and he looks like a JAG. Anybody who claims all or nothing that they know he's good or bad is guessing. Because the results on the field are legit mixed. What gives me hope is that he's young and should improve. Unlike RGIII he accepts coaching and his work ethic appears to be where it should. It's possible that he will always be inconsistent, but that doesn't make him a bum.
He's fun to watch and root for. But he just doesn't have the necessary skills to be a QB. He's a hybrid that is blessed to have the supporting class he has around him. On any other team he is an average project

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
He's fun to watch and root for. But he just doesn't have the necessary skills to be a QB. He's a hybrid that is blessed to have the supporting class he has around him. On any other team he is an average project
I don't agree with this at all. He has enough physical ability and mental aptitude to be the guy. He's shown it in games. He's just not consistent.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't agree with this at all. He has enough physical ability and mental aptitude to be the guy. He's shown it in games. He's just not consistent.

The consistency is the ultimate key. If Dak can improve his mechanics and be consistent with them, he will be fine.

If he doesn’t get his footwork consistent, then it is going to limit him.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I enjoy Sturm's analysis but disagree. The first 8 games were not what we had previously seen in 2016.

Dak's completion percentage through the first 8 games of 2016 was at 68.5%. Through the first eight games of of last season it dropped to 63.7%. That is pretty significant.

Total yardage dropped, Sacks went up, Int's went up...

We commented in 2016 how "poised" Dak appeared. Dak did not appear "poised" right out of the gate last season against the Giants. I even recall the announcers saying the same thing.

My eyeball test told me something completely different. Even the big plays we had were of the last ditch heave up a prayer type of plays, not fluid like 2016.

Anyway Dak himself graded himself as a C. So take that for what it's worth.

I'm a Dak fan but the performance will have to be better than it was the first eight games last season if we intend to de-throne the Eagles.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
This is a stupid point to hang your hats on. I can name four players on your team that if they go out you fall apart like a K-mart suit. Lee, Smith, Prescott and Elliott. Please name one Eagle player that would affect us to the point of us falling apart? You can’t because there is none. And THAT is the point.

817Gill

Reaction score
Dude Darren sproles is not a star running back and at no point in his career was he considered a true three down back. The word 'star' is irrelevant here anyways. The Eagles did not lose a running back as important to their system as Zeke is to ours, and in fact went out and upgraded the position. The main point here is Darren Sproles absence was nowhere near as impactful as Zeke's. Sproles is a gadget player at this point in his career, he's more comparable to Tavon than Zeke.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
Dude Darren sproles is not a star running back and at no point in his career was he considered a true three down back. The word 'star' is irrelevant here anyways. The Eagles did not lose a running back as important to their system as Zeke is to ours, and in fact went out and upgraded the position. The main point here is Darren Sproles absence was nowhere near as impactful as Zeke's. Sproles is a gadget player at this point in his career, he's more comparable to Tavon than Zeke.
See post above.

T-RO

Reaction score
All this saids is Dak needs ideal situations to perform. That is not a franchise QB. Wentz played behind a line that changed player/positions 16 times in the first 13 games. 4 different guards and a second year LT. He was 11-2 in those games..

Totally false narrative. Injuries or not....the Eagles o-line ranked as one of the best pass-protecting units in the league. Wentz enjoyed very good protection.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
This is a stupid point to hang your hats on. I can name four players on your team that if they go out you fall apart like a K-mart suit. Lee, Smith, Prescott and Elliott. Please name one Eagle player that would affect us to the point of us falling apart? You can’t because there is none. And THAT is the point.

I agree with this completely. You guys have a wonderful coach and we have an awful one. Not to mention the job your front office has done in providing quality depth.

Your point can be made easily without saying objectively false things.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
I agree with this completely. You guys have a wonderful coach and we have an awful one. Not to mention the job your front office has done in providing quality depth.

Your point can be made easily without saying objectively false things.
So your whole point of contention was me saying Sproles was a star? Well I think the word “star” is subjective. In our system he was the star. He was the player until last year we depended on to extend drives. He was the guy we used to get favorable match ups. He made our offense multi-dimensional. We didn’t depend on him the way you guys did Zeke, but he made our offense better being on the field.